[APP] AmazMod

Search This thread

Akabane87

Oct 6, 2014
I tried to pull a watchface from my watch (stratos3) to my phone using the file explorer in amazmod app. It took 14min at 0.40kbps and 5% battery to complete the download... Is it something normal or did something went wrong??

Another thing that I find weird is that the chart for the heart rate displayed in amazmod is not handling the data measured by the watch when the auto measure mode is activated on the watch (1 measure each 1min). Is this something that could/should be done?

Edit: I tested the upload speed and it's the same :s 0.33kbps...

Edit 2: Ok, this is definitly superweird... I tried to transfer directly using the original zepp app and it failed. Then I rebooted the phone, was forced to reactivate the gps to get the sync with the watch and now everything works again and correctly in both apps. Could that be caused by the fact that I deactivated the gps ?

Edit3: And now it's broken again... I don't understand anything... looks like it can't use the wifi tranfer as zepp does. But even in BT it's just way too slow here to be that.

Last edited:

Akabane87

Oct 6, 2014
Best transfer is with USB if you want best speed and transfert many faces :)
For sure but I was in a case where I did not have the cable on me. So I was looking for a workaround at that time and finally gave up. The sadest part is that I fooled zepp by renaming my watchface on my phone to a .gpx file to be able to upload it. Because of that it was uploaded into the gpx folder of the watch. Then I renamed it using the browser of amazmod app just to realize there was no way to move or copy paste a file from the watch to the watch :s. As I said whatever I tried as a workaround ended in an epic failure...

Sparco_92

Sep 26, 2010
This may have been already answered but i can't find it...
I've just instaled AmazMod app on my phone and the service on my Verge. When i get a notification the "Custom UI" appears, but after the timeout, i can see no notification in the default notifications viewer.
I can see them in the custom AmazMod widget tho.

¿is there any way the notifications can be viewed on both? or maybe replace the swipe-up gesture to show the amazmod notifications

Last edited:

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
This may have been already answered but i can't find it...
I've just instaled AmazMod app on my phone and the service on my Verge. When i get a notification the "Custom UI" appears, but after the timeout, i can see no notification in the default notifications viewer.
I can see them in the custom AmazMod widget tho.

¿is there any way the notifications can be viewed on both? or maybe replace the swipe-up gesture to show the amazmod notifications
No unless both a normal and a custom notification is forwarded.

lucdeb97

Apr 19, 2011
Rome
I have installed it on my Verge (the last versin) and it works very well but I can't still get to answer to notifications even if I allowed it to manage them, (the custom UI doesn't appear too) . In any case you did a great work, it would be nice if you made a version for Gtr/Gts too.

Last edited:

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
I have installed it on my Verge (the last version) and it works very well but I can't still get to answer to notifications even if I allowed it to manage them, (the custom UI doesn't appear too).
You need to install the watch app too.

In any case you did a great work, it would be nice if you made a version for Gtr/Gts too.
Only Pace/Stratos/Verge/Stratos 3 have android software (and nexo but that doesn't count). The rest of the watches have a proprietary OS with limited or no customizability and no apk support.

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
Hi, is Amazmod still under development for remote camera shutter control?
The development of the project has mainly stopped. There may be some commits in the future but most of the developers (me included) have stopped working on the project.
May i know what's diff between amazmod vs amazmod-dev?
I don't think there is a difference right now. It used to be that the Dev version is a test version with fixes and new features but new bugs too.

Reactions: 1immortal

hall.cool

Feb 4, 2017
OnePlus 7T Pro
The development of the project has mainly stopped. There may be some commits in the future but most of the developers (me included) have stopped working on the project.
Sad to here that however thanks for the good work so far.
I don't think there is a difference right now. It used to be that the Dev version is a test version with fixes and new features but new bugs too.
thanks for reply.

tabashir

Mar 1, 2007

Thank you for the amazing effort getting the project this far. I'm new to Amazfit, only bought one a few weeks ago. May I ask if there was a specific reason that everyone has given up or was it just down to time and support (or lack of)?

1immortal

Aug 19, 2007
Petah Tiqwa
wearyour.tech
Thank you for the amazing effort getting the project this far. I'm new to Amazfit, only bought one a few weeks ago. May I ask if there was a specific reason that everyone has given up or was it just down to time and support (or lack of)?
Time, huami's efforts to make the 3rd party development virtually impossible, and the dark and morbid future of this platform simply a dead end with no real reason for further development.
AmazMod works well on PACE/Stratos/Verge and provides some support on the Stratos 3 devices, as it seems right now, no more devices will be developed on this platform anymore.

Avang

Aug 13, 2016
Hi! I am using Pace with AmazMod and i wonder if it is ok when the widget order does not look like my setup after reboot? I have to open the widget reorder menu on the phone or watch then it becomes mine again.

zouille

Dec 6, 2008
Hello,
I use the last release of Amazmod App and amazmod service but I have a long Delay between phone notification and watch notification. I use only the amazmod notification.
If I try with the original App (Zepp) I Have no delay, what can I do ?

Avang

Aug 13, 2016
Hello,
I use the last release of Amazmod App and amazmod service but I have a long Delay between phone notification and watch notification. I use only the amazmod notification.
If I try with the original App (Zepp) I Have no delay, what can I do ?
To be fair watch droid has more potential nowadays due stop of the current develompent of amazmod. I personally use them both, AmazMod for communication and app installing and WatchDroid for notifications. The last ones much better show up on the watchdroid.

swerwqas

Sep 18, 2008
hi
when i tried to install amazmod apk via apkinstaller there is warning that firmware incompatible but there is no problem for installing amazmod service
please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First public beta release! :D
    Play store: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.edotassi.amazmod
    Watch's service installer (only for Windows): https://github.com/edotassi/AmazMod/releases/download/1277/Amazmod.service.installer.ver.1277.exe
    Watch's service apk: https://github.com/edotassi/AmazMod/releases/download/1277/AmazMod-service-1277.apk

Amazmod – the missing link for Pace and Stratos.

Thought that your watch can't do more? Well, it sure can!
    Amazmod is a completing application for the Amazfit Client, compatible with the Store/Mi store versions, based on server/client configuration for your Amazfit watches, and is capable of working in two configurations:

1. No additional software on the watch – no installation is needed on your watch, just few specific settings changes in the Amazfit app.
    2. Service component running on the watch – no root required for additional functionality, a manual installation is required on the watch with the provided semi-automated user friendly installer.

What you will your watch learn to do with Amazmod?

No service on the watch – stock configuration:
    • Disabling all notifications – co-existence with the stock Amazfit app
    • DND consideration – no notifications will be pushed to watch in DND mode
    • Control over timeout of the notification screen
    • Voice call notifications from your IM apps
    • Local system notifications – Weather, Google cards, Calendar events and etc.
    • Notification ungrouping

Service "additional" features - service installed on the watch:
    • Pre-defined notification replies - set your own responces to IMs/emails/SMSs
    • Battery usage chart of your watch with an estimated remaining time of the battery
    • Tweaking – Manual brightness control of your watch
    • Much much more to come

Stats:
    Statistics regarding your notifications

Notification testing basic tool provided under the About menu, for a quick connectivity test with your watch.

The ongoing development of the AmazMod will provide more and more features, more control and optimizations both for your Smartphone and your Amazfit companion on your wrist!

** no goats were harmed during development, one goldfish ran away and joined the circus.

FAQ:
    A- What's AmazMod app?
    R- AmazMod is app that work parallel with the stock Amazfit Watch app to add advance feature to your Pace and Stratos.

A- What's the most feature of AmazMod?
    R- AmazMod is born to increase the stock notification system with possibility read entire message without the limits of stock app, to reply a notification directly from watch, and more features like battery history graphics and other.

A- How to use AmazMod?
    R- You need to have a working Amazfit Watch app paired with your Pace or Stratos and then install AmazMod from playstore. For advance feature, like notification reply, you need to install the AmazMod Service app on your watch using the installer provide in the description (PC is need for this step).

A- How is the battery impact of AmazMod?
    R- AmazMod is studied to have advace feature like other app but with no more battery usage!

A- Why I don't receive any notification?
    R- First be sure to restart both phone and watch to make connections work correctly and than see to have add the desired app in "selected app" menu of notifications options

A- After I install AmazMod, I can remove the stock app?
    R- No, AmazMod need to have stock Amazfit app installed to can communicate with your watch
    some screenshots:
    Hi @GreatApo

How's the redesign ongoing? I'm referring to this link: https://github.com/AmazMod/AmazMod/issues/474
    No rush, I'm just wondering if there's any progress :)
    We have decided that code cleaning along with improvements in the notification system should be our first priority because there are many bugs and problems caused by this. Next version will probably contain small fixes and requests.

I still believe that the redesign should happen after that. Access to notifications is very important and for many users a key feature.
    First public beta is out! If you want to try search for "AmazMod" on playstore or use the link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.edotassi.amazmod
    Just to share that my update via app worked just fine. Took almost 20 minutes, I was giving up, but the it was done.
    When screen goes off the watch gets in more power efficient state and that causes the long installation times. One of our devs is working on a solution that will keep the screen on until the installation is finished (already works on rooted watches).