[APP][Android][2.2][Beta] AnyWhere Notifications v1.0.0.1

Search This thread

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
Hello all!!! since Hovering Controls, i have been working in other app too...called AnyWhere Notifications....
It allows you to send your received notifications to your computer or other device in same wifi network (in future versions will allow to use internet and a browser to check the notifications).

Current status is Alpha 1.0 ...lots of bugs!!!

Please report Bugs and Feature request in each section of the DevDB system.

Anyone willing to make an app icon?

Google Play url:
Download from Download section or from Google Play:
May still not be ready, just google takes time to publish, if not working, go to download section
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.golgorz.anywherenotifications
Recent Changes
Code:
v1.0.0.1
- Fixed some bugs in android app (.apk)
Code:
Desktop server configuration:
Ports: 5000 tcp and 40500 udp

Description from Google Play:
Get all your notifications instantly wherever you want.
Do you have two phones? a tablet? are your sitting at your computer?
Get all notifications where you want!
Never miss an important notification or just dont search your phone to check what notification you received...it will just show up in your computer or in your tablet!
You can get notified in your computer, in your tablet or anywhere with a browser.

The app uses your wifi network for best security. Future versions will implement an internet option.

Requirements:
To send notifications: android 4.3+
To receive notifications: android 2.2+
For the Desktop (computer) notification you need this program (a .jar file, tested on windows and linux):
http://www.golgorz.com/anywherenotificationserver.rar
Download, unzip, and double click the file, it will start the server to receive notificaiton in your computer!

Devices/computers must be in the same network to work.

*Right now browser option is disabled.

XDA:DevDB Information
AnyWhere Notifications, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
forgin

Version Information

Created 2014-05-08
Last Updated 2014-05-08

Attachments

• notif.png
    notif.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2014-05-08-20-05-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-08-20-05-55.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: jrbxx7

jrbxx7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 18, 2011
Requested url not found on play store link. Looking forward to trying this out. :thumbup:

TaPpEd from my XpOsEd 4.4.2 NIII

Mike B.

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
@forgin: The concept sounds nice, BUT... you may want to mention that the "desktop/computer" server you provide is a Java application and may not be appropriate or even available for all OS and configurations. Perhaps you intend it mostly for W*ndows users?

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
@forgin: The concept sounds nice, BUT... you may want to mention that the "desktop/computer" server you provide is a Java application and may not be appropriate or even available for all OS and configurations. Perhaps you intend it mostly for W*ndows users?

hmm you are right, i tested on windows and linux and works...may be in mac its not.
Anyway, thats just the server for pc, the App can run as a server on its own for android devices so it sends notifs from your smartphone to your tablet for example.

i will try to test in mac......also the pc program is not quite the best, i am still working on it, i suck in swing/java interface programs xD

MSTRoyal

Jul 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hey Forgin,

really like the idea of this! But it really neeeds a lot of improvments by now. So here are my first impression of ur new app

First the smallest but funniest one of my things to report:
- AnyWhereNotifications declares it self as Hovering Controls xD - on my Gtab in notificationbar is written "click to stop Hovering Controls" (HC never was installed)

- I Don't get sms and Playstore notifications on my Gtab

- Whatsapp works fine and also TitaniumBackup status is shown (e.g. "xx% of Titanium restore is done") only thing that is annoying in this case is that every time the % changes (for TB) ur app takes it as a new notification

- I Don't get any notification on PC, but that could be a firewall conflict, so if u can tell me wich ports and services ur app needs?

- Can we have a Blacklist? cause i get Gnow notifications over ur app, wich is really annoying because i have it on all my devices wich means i get the notifications twice (even the ones i dont wanna see at all like Fu***** Gnow weather)

Greetz MST

Last edited:

Mike B.

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
It would probably run on a Mac that has a recent Java VM installed, but for many OS X users, Java (especially with networking access) is not an option. I suspect that you are aware of other apps that allow notifications to be mirrored from Android to other devices, and your upcoming browser interface may render the Java issue moot.

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
Hey Forgin,

really like the idea of this! But it really neeeds a lot of improvments by now. So here are my first impression of ur new app

First the smallest but funniest one of my things to report:
- AnyWhereNotifications declares it self as Hovering Controls xD - on my Gtab in notificationbar is written "click to stop Hovering Controls" (HC never was installed)

- I Don't get sms and Playstore notifications on my Gtab

- Whatsapp works fine and also TitaniumBackup status is shown (e.g. "xx% of Titanium restore is done") only thing that is annoying in this case is that every time the % changes (for TB) ur app takes it as a new notification

- I Don't get any notification on PC, but that could be a firewall conflict, so if u can tell me wich ports and services ur app needs?

- Can we have a Blacklist? cause i get Gnow notifications over ur app, wich is really annoying because i have it on all my devices wich means i get the notifications twice (even the ones i dont wanna see at all like Fu***** Gnow weather)

Greetz MST

Hehehe, its a little bit spammy yes....well, its a first version, alpha state....lots of things needs to be done like all configuration things.
i will start on a notification filter.

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
It would probably run on a Mac that has a recent Java VM installed, but for many OS X users, Java (especially with networking access) is not an option. I suspect that you are aware of other apps that allow notifications to be mirrored from Android to other devices, and your upcoming browser interface may render the Java issue moot.

thx for the help. the desktop then would be for windows and linux users...and for the browser, i am thinking on a own webservice and a webpage where you can check your notifications even offline (only if you wish to save them) or just on live, other possibility is a browswer plugin, but never made one so i am lost in this case xD

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
thx but opening those ports didn't helped me, only turning firewall off completly gives me notifications on PC

lookin forward for new versions
good night for today
hmm i am a little lost with this xD may be open 5000 both up and down and 40500 up and down? both tcp and udp or whatever xD

i will investigate this further..

Mike B.

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
I'm pretty sure some users with delusions of privacy will balk at the idea of having their "private" notifications bouncing around a mysterious server out there somewhere. Look at what Pushbullet does to mirror notifications using plugins/addons for common browsers. Great for Firefox/Chrome/Safari/WebKit but I have no idea if it's even feasible for evilMSIE. Since you have a *nix box, another approach would be to provide a simple(?) C/C++ public domain source and let people compile it for their favorite distro/OS. Whatever you do, don't let this distract you from Hovering Controls! ;)

MSTRoyal

Jul 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
hmm i am a little lost with this xD may be open 5000 both up and down and 40500 up and down? both tcp and udp or whatever xD

i will investigate this further..

Ok solved that problem for me. I have set my Firewall to "interactive mode" so it would ask me every time when a new Programm sends/recives data than i just waitet for the specific request. Now it works so far

but i still don't get sms notifications

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
I am thinking on stopping this development, as other apps like push bullet greatly do what i intend...so i see no point to re-invent the wheel like this. What do you think? this app needs lot of work to be good enough and i think its better to use the time in Hovering Controls and other projects incoming (the base idea of this project will be used in future ones.)

If anyone interested in continiuing this project, or even work together on this, i can share the source code, in none interested i will open source the code too.

opinions?

Reactions: Mike B.

ChiDi9901

Sep 20, 2012
Wien
It would be interesting if your app is compatible with Android 4.2.2 because Pushbullet notification mirroring only works on devices with 4.3 and above. I can't update my HTC One X any further :(

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

forgin

Sep 11, 2010
It would be interesting if your app is compatible with Android 4.2.2 because Pushbullet notification mirroring only works on devices with 4.3 and above. I can't update my HTC One X any further :(

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

i see your point...they could just enable it...i have not found any issue that make them not enabling it on lower android versions....these device just receive a notification or even send them (with the accessibility service they made), i think they will enable it when out of beta.

so, anyway, i see no point, i will focus on a fork of this project and in hovering controls.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!!! since Hovering Controls, i have been working in other app too...called AnyWhere Notifications....
    It allows you to send your received notifications to your computer or other device in same wifi network (in future versions will allow to use internet and a browser to check the notifications).

Current status is Alpha 1.0 ...lots of bugs!!!

Please report Bugs and Feature request in each section of the DevDB system.

Anyone willing to make an app icon?

Google Play url:
    Download from Download section or from Google Play:
    May still not be ready, just google takes time to publish, if not working, go to download section
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.golgorz.anywherenotifications
    Recent Changes
    Code:
    v1.0.0.1
    - Fixed some bugs in android app (.apk)
    Code:
    Desktop server configuration:
    Ports: 5000 tcp and 40500 udp

Description from Google Play:
    Get all your notifications instantly wherever you want.
    Do you have two phones? a tablet? are your sitting at your computer?
    Get all notifications where you want!
    Never miss an important notification or just dont search your phone to check what notification you received...it will just show up in your computer or in your tablet!
    You can get notified in your computer, in your tablet or anywhere with a browser.

The app uses your wifi network for best security. Future versions will implement an internet option.

Requirements:
    To send notifications: android 4.3+
    To receive notifications: android 2.2+
    For the Desktop (computer) notification you need this program (a .jar file, tested on windows and linux):
    http://www.golgorz.com/anywherenotificationserver.rar
    Download, unzip, and double click the file, it will start the server to receive notificaiton in your computer!

Devices/computers must be in the same network to work.

*Right now browser option is disabled.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AnyWhere Notifications, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    forgin

Version Information

Created 2014-05-08
    Last Updated 2014-05-08
    Requested url not found on play store link. Looking forward to trying this out. :thumbup:

TaPpEd from my XpOsEd 4.4.2 NIII

Still not up, download from Download Section

Edit:
    Google play link is up!
    I am thinking on stopping this development, as other apps like push bullet greatly do what i intend...so i see no point to re-invent the wheel like this. What do you think? this app needs lot of work to be good enough and i think its better to use the time in Hovering Controls and other projects incoming (the base idea of this project will be used in future ones.)

If anyone interested in continiuing this project, or even work together on this, i can share the source code, in none interested i will open source the code too.

opinions?
    Soooo it's like "Desktop Notifications" ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

more or less yes, it has some differences, first, there is no need for external server (i plan to add this as an option) and that you dont need to have a browser open, it has its own desktop jar executable.
    This also shares de notification with your other devices.

So, i will work on this app this today and this weekend and release a new version at later sunday.