[APP][Android 2.3+] [Root] WhatsMore - Allow 2 phone numbers to be linked to WhatsApp

Search This thread

seneca88

Aug 19, 2010
Hi everyone,

I make this app for my own daily use originally. However, I found that many people are asking for similar features on WhatsApp. So, I make it available on Google Play Store. You need a rooted device to run this app.

WhatsMore is an add-on account management to make WhatsApp holding more than 1 phone number even on a single-SIM mobile phone. Now, we can give different phone numbers to the family, co-workers, customers, net-friends, and etc…

Features:
- Allow Up to 2 phone numbers to be used with WhatsApp on the same device.
- Auto swapping WhatsApp accounts in a user preset interval.
- Show notifications when swapping WhatsApp accounts.
- Show notifications if there are unread messages of swapped out WhatsApp accounts.
- Launch any inactive WhatsApp account from within WhatsMore.
- Perform auto recovery upon the App starts (or the phone starts up) if the previous swapping process is interrupted. (ie. Power off, reboot of the mobile phone, upgrade from the play store)

** The following statement is copied from the official WhatsApp FAQ **
If you attempt to frequently switch your WhatsApp account between different devices, at a certain point, you may be blocked from re-verifying your account. So please do not repeatedly switch between different devices.

Using this app is a different story. You only register the each linked phone number once. And, you are always working on 1 device only.

Set up procedures:
Assume you have phone number 1 and phone number 2. Follow the following steps to do the configuration:

1. Make sure the WhatsApp is properly registered with phone number 1.
2. Start WhatsMore and swipe to the tab - Manage Profiles.
3. Click the [import] button on the bottom of the screen.
4. Input a profile name when prompted for.
5. After import success, you can see the button on the bottom of the screen has the label changed. It should read ‘Prepare WhatsApp for a new registraion’.
6. Click the [prepare] button and you will get a warning dialog.
7. Click [Continue] and wait for the process to be finished.
8. Turn off the phone and swap the SIM cards of phone number 1 and 2.
9. Start WhatsApp
10. Go thru the WhatsApp registration procedure using the phone number 2.
11. Make sure the new phone number 2 is working on the WhatsApp.
12. Start WhatsMore and swipe to the tab - Manage Profiles.
13. Click the [import] button on the bottom of the screen.
14. Input a profile name when prompted for.
15. Swipe to the tab - Status.

After doing the above steps, you should see 2 phone icons on the status tab.

Note:
Make sure you have the latest Busybox installed. Otherwise, this app won't work!

HAPPY CHATTING! :)

WhatsMore on Google Play

Screenshots:
Screenshot_2013-07-03-21-20-36.jpg

Last edited:

sneakyfoxx

Jan 29, 2009
I have followed every step you said, but cannot import the whatsapp account. Dun know why??

I have uninstalled and re-installed the whatsapp.

Can you let me know why??

Many thx by the way

dchsub

Dec 26, 2011
I would like to know if the message database of two accounts will be merged into one or two separate databases will be kept?

vpower

Jun 11, 2008
I have followed every step you said, but cannot import the whatsapp account. Dun know why??

I have uninstalled and re-installed the whatsapp.

Can you let me know why??

Many thx by the way

The same thing is happening with my rooted GT-I9082.
Error I getti is: cannot retrieve the whatsapp profile

seneca88

Aug 19, 2010
A new version of WhatsMore has been published to the play store. It uses a less complicated root command syntax and perhaps more devices are supported. Also, please make sure you have the latest Busybox installed.

seneca88

Aug 19, 2010
I don't really unterstand that, 2 numbers on a Single sim card? Can anybody explain it to me?
Some carriers certainly provides 2 numbers on 1 sim-card. However, you don't need this special sim-card to use WhatsMore. Once you are done with the WhatsApp registration, you can pull out that sim-card out of your phone. It is not needed anymore when you are chatting WhatApp.

billab0n6

Nov 10, 2009
I do not receive any confirmation number as I do not see any banners at all..what can I do?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

seneca88

Aug 19, 2010
Please make it compatible with Android 2.3 as well as many of us have dual sim phone which are still having 2.3 so please try to get it in the compatible list.

A new version (v0.15) is published to the play store which is compatible with Android 2.3.3. I can only test it on a Galaxy S. Please let me know if it works on your device.:D

Reactions: shahabazas

shahabazas

Jun 5, 2012
Pune
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 5a
Problem in Auto rotating between profiles.

I have installed this app on my Micromax A75 and it works totally fine but there is a problem in Auto rotating between profiles as it dint do it has to manually swap the profiles rest everything is working fine.

seneca88

Aug 19, 2010
I have installed this app on my Micromax A75 and it works totally fine but there is a problem in Auto rotating between profiles as it dint do it has to manually swap the profiles rest everything is working fine.

The release version has a fix. In the beta version, the number picker did not refresh the phone wake up duration when the auto rotation had already been turned on. Thanks.

P

propter delevit

I'm using the donate version on an HTC One S running CM 10.0. The app keeps asking to grant Superuser twice upon every startup, despite having told my superuser-app to automatically grant permission upon the first run. After having used Whatsnow, other apps requiring root keep telling me they couldn't find the SU-binary and won't work anymore till restart.

alan1984

Jun 15, 2006
Anyone have this problem? Once i've installed, connect to the wireless access point, unable to get the IP address, and at the end wireless will disconnect automatically.
Please advise.

Btw, I'm using Samsung Note 2 N7105.

Thanks.

emesen99

Jun 12, 2013
Next Step

on galaxy s4, after installation and viewing an add, i returned back to whats more.
The 4 digit activation code is written there. Below there is a message " Input activation code here"
I input the verification code but nothing happens after that. there is no "Enter" button in the key pad of whats more.
Please help.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

on galaxy s4, after installation and viewing an add, i returned back to whats more.
The 4 digit activation code is written there. Below there is a message " Input activation code here"
I input the verification code but nothing happens after that. there is no "Enter" button in the key pad of whats more.
Please help.

I have resolved the problem.

If you have installed another key borard, then simply revert to default keyboard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

I make this app for my own daily use originally. However, I found that many people are asking for similar features on WhatsApp. So, I make it available on Google Play Store. You need a rooted device to run this app.

WhatsMore is an add-on account management to make WhatsApp holding more than 1 phone number even on a single-SIM mobile phone. Now, we can give different phone numbers to the family, co-workers, customers, net-friends, and etc…

Features:
    - Allow Up to 2 phone numbers to be used with WhatsApp on the same device.
    - Auto swapping WhatsApp accounts in a user preset interval.
    - Show notifications when swapping WhatsApp accounts.
    - Show notifications if there are unread messages of swapped out WhatsApp accounts.
    - Launch any inactive WhatsApp account from within WhatsMore.
    - Perform auto recovery upon the App starts (or the phone starts up) if the previous swapping process is interrupted. (ie. Power off, reboot of the mobile phone, upgrade from the play store)

** The following statement is copied from the official WhatsApp FAQ **
    If you attempt to frequently switch your WhatsApp account between different devices, at a certain point, you may be blocked from re-verifying your account. So please do not repeatedly switch between different devices.

Using this app is a different story. You only register the each linked phone number once. And, you are always working on 1 device only.

Set up procedures:
    Assume you have phone number 1 and phone number 2. Follow the following steps to do the configuration:

1. Make sure the WhatsApp is properly registered with phone number 1.
    2. Start WhatsMore and swipe to the tab - Manage Profiles.
    3. Click the [import] button on the bottom of the screen.
    4. Input a profile name when prompted for.
    5. After import success, you can see the button on the bottom of the screen has the label changed. It should read ‘Prepare WhatsApp for a new registraion’.
    6. Click the [prepare] button and you will get a warning dialog.
    7. Click [Continue] and wait for the process to be finished.
    8. Turn off the phone and swap the SIM cards of phone number 1 and 2.
    9. Start WhatsApp
    10. Go thru the WhatsApp registration procedure using the phone number 2.
    11. Make sure the new phone number 2 is working on the WhatsApp.
    12. Start WhatsMore and swipe to the tab - Manage Profiles.
    13. Click the [import] button on the bottom of the screen.
    14. Input a profile name when prompted for.
    15. Swipe to the tab - Status.

After doing the above steps, you should see 2 phone icons on the status tab.

Note:
    Make sure you have the latest Busybox installed. Otherwise, this app won't work!

HAPPY CHATTING! :)

WhatsMore on Google Play

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2013-07-03-21-20-36.jpg
    I would like to know if the message database of two accounts will be merged into one or two separate databases will be kept?
    Separated internal memory storage for each WhatsApp number.
    Please make it compatible with Android 2.3 as well as many of us have dual sim phone which are still having 2.3 so please try to get it in the compatible list.

A new version (v0.15) is published to the play store which is compatible with Android 2.3.3. I can only test it on a Galaxy S. Please let me know if it works on your device.:D
    What is to do?

Screenshot_2013-12-08-00-54-49.jpg
    It's still working :)

First I looked at the date of the post and found that it's 2 years ago and probably will not work after all the updates and whatsapp being owned by Mark Zuckerberg... But I tried it and it's working :) Thanks A lot for this App