[app][android 4.3] stock aosp launcher

Search This thread

matthewgwilt

Mar 13, 2011
jelly-bean_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

I thought this might be useful to some of you who are using custom roms and maybe miss the 4.3 stock launcher. I find that it is actually quicker and smoother than Nova and Apex... No stutters or loading of the widget drawer!

Just download and install like a normal app

DOWNLOAD APK
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_DjdqH3U7pLQTU0ZW4ydDRGdTg/edit?usp=sharing

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THANKS!

Last edited:

aleks_

Oct 11, 2011
Will it work on 4.2.2?

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda app-developers app

It should work. I don't see why it shouldn't since 4.2.2 still has a bit of the same framework as 4.3. I would do a nandroid back up just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
I'm having same issue error parsing something. I moved the file to the /system/app but every time I try to change attributes it fails I'm thinking the file is corrupt could you please check I have this md5 hash
651422043741a7894ac1d707bf1af77a

matthewgwilt

Mar 13, 2011
I'm having same issue error parsing something. I moved the file to the /system/app but every time I try to change attributes it fails I'm thinking the file is corrupt could you please check I have this md5 hash
651422043741a7894ac1d707bf1af77a

Why are you moving it to system? Just install it like a normal app. What version of android are you running?

I have this launcher installed on CM10.2 (4.3) and it installed and works great

Last edited:

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
hahaha people are sooooo funny. Its an apk how long does it take to download and install. Its not like its going to take over your whole system if it dont work. Geeeez

OP thanks for the contribution hopefully people just use it or dont but nice to know its here for those who would like too... :good:

Reactions: matthewgwilt

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
I got 4.2.2 running I downloaded the apk twice and got the same parsing error trying to install so i tried placing it in the system to use as default launcher to replace stock touchwiz can you check md5 hash my download maybe corrupted

matthewgwilt

Mar 13, 2011
I got 4.2.2 running I downloaded the apk twice and got the same parsing error trying to install so i tried placing it in the system to use as default launcher to replace stock touchwiz can you check md5 hash my download maybe corrupted

This is the Nexus 4 Themes and Apps.... I have no support for Samsung devices.

You do know your in the Nexus 4 forums right??

matthewgwilt

Mar 13, 2011
FYI

This app is extracted from aosp jelly bean 4.3 i have no idea if it works on 4.2 and i definitely don't know if it works on stock samsung firmwares or any other firmware other than google aosp.

I have installed this as a normal app on my nexus 4 running cm10.2 jelly bean 4.3 (not copied to system). It is now my default launcher

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
This app is extracted from aosp jelly bean 4.3 i have no idea if it works on 4.2 and i definitely don't know if it works on stock samsung firmwares or any other firmware other than google aosp.

I have installed this as a normal app on my nexus 4 running cm10.2 jelly bean 4.3 (not copied to system). It is now my default launcher

It's working for you as you are in 4.3 . It will definitely work for other firmware based on 4.3.

nichobrooks

Dec 22, 2011
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I installed it on cm 10.2 nightly but to get it to work I had to uninstall trebuchet launched with titanium backup, but now I can't modify the launcher like a PA ROM, but now that I think about it, that editing option must come from the ROM and not the launcher... But if you guys know a way to edit the number of home screens and all that, let me know.

Thanks!

matthewgwilt

Mar 13, 2011
I installed it on cm 10.2 nightly but to get it to work I had to uninstall trebuchet launched with titanium backup, but now I can't modify the launcher like a PA ROM, but now that I think about it, that editing option must come from the ROM and not the launcher... But if you guys know a way to edit the number of home screens and all that, let me know.

Thanks!

This is stock launcher so you can't edit the settings of the launcher like you can with Nova, Apex and Trebuchet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jelly-bean_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

I thought this might be useful to some of you who are using custom roms and maybe miss the 4.3 stock launcher. I find that it is actually quicker and smoother than Nova and Apex... No stutters or loading of the widget drawer!

Just download and install like a normal app

DOWNLOAD APK
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_DjdqH3U7pLQTU0ZW4ydDRGdTg/edit?usp=sharing

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THANKS!
    hahaha people are sooooo funny. Its an apk how long does it take to download and install. Its not like its going to take over your whole system if it dont work. Geeeez

OP thanks for the contribution hopefully people just use it or dont but nice to know its here for those who would like too... :good:
    Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I am not surprised to see this.You go on flashing flashing flashing.. then you know

"Stock Rom was gooood!!"

Sent from my Nexus⁴ running franco's kernel (AOSP)