[APP][android 6 and 7] Material Notifications - Color for your screens [ROOT][NEXUS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
MATERIAL NOTIFICATIONS for rooted Nexus devices
Marshmallow and Nougat
[BETA]

6yHeYCq.png

dEaCjiu.png

VKhUk2im.png

How would you like to be first to try out this new theming app? How would you like to see a little color instead of stock white notifications?

I am looking for Nexus device owners to test Material Notifications. I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and I find that it runs perfectly on it, but before sharing it with the wider community, I would like to make sure it runs well on other Nexuses.

If your device is not a Nexus, or if you are using a custom rom, this probably won't work. If it does work, I would be glad to know.

Whatever device you own, make sure you have a nandroid backup before using this app. If you get stuck in a bootloop or if your systemUI force closes, you can easily sort the problem by going into TWRP, mounting your system, opening the file explorer and deleting color.apk from system/vendor/overlay. Or you can use your nandroid.

Please note that I am not responsible if you brick your phone. Only test this app if you know what you are doing.

Thank you in advance for testing. I hope you will think it was worth your while! I'm looking forward to your feedback. Cheers!

MOVED TO http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-material-notifications-color-screens-t3492912

Last edited:

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi StrangerWeather,

I don't have a nexus device, I run CM13 on my SGS3 LTE, but I'll let you know if it works after my nandroid backup ;)

Thanks a lot for this! My understanding is that it won't work with CM, but let me know. I think only AOSP based custom roms have a chance. And stock, of course.
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: woodman

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It installs, root granted, configured, I chose a color and then reboot OK but color is not taken into account after reboot. Will you need logs? If yes, which moment exactly?

Thanks but no, logs are not needed in this particular case. I need to study how CM functions and work out a solution from that! :D

Can you tell me, in terms of the UI, was everything running smoothly?

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
Thanks but no, logs are not needed in this particular case. I need to study how CM functions and work out a solution from that! :D
Okay :)
Yes everything is smooth:
> Splash screen is great :)
> Test Notifications (after reboot): OK
> Reset and reboot: OK
> Valid button on bottom right: OK

Is the selected color supposed to be highlighted? Because it's not the case on my device. If it's not implemented, I think it should be good to know which color has been picked :)

Reactions: StrangerWeather

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Is the selected color supposed to be highlighted? Because it's not the case on my device. If it's not implemented, I think it should be good to know which color has been picked :)

Brilliant, thanks! No the selected button is not supposed to be highlighted. But it's a good idea. I hadn't thought of it! :)

Reactions: woodman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MATERIAL NOTIFICATIONS for rooted Nexus devices
    Marshmallow and Nougat
    [BETA]

6yHeYCq.png

dEaCjiu.png

VKhUk2im.png

How would you like to be first to try out this new theming app? How would you like to see a little color instead of stock white notifications?

I am looking for Nexus device owners to test Material Notifications. I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and I find that it runs perfectly on it, but before sharing it with the wider community, I would like to make sure it runs well on other Nexuses.

If your device is not a Nexus, or if you are using a custom rom, this probably won't work. If it does work, I would be glad to know.

Whatever device you own, make sure you have a nandroid backup before using this app. If you get stuck in a bootloop or if your systemUI force closes, you can easily sort the problem by going into TWRP, mounting your system, opening the file explorer and deleting color.apk from system/vendor/overlay. Or you can use your nandroid.

Please note that I am not responsible if you brick your phone. Only test this app if you know what you are doing.

Thank you in advance for testing. I hope you will think it was worth your while! I'm looking forward to your feedback. Cheers!

MOVED TO http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-material-notifications-color-screens-t3492912
    Hi StrangerWeather,

I don't have a nexus device, I run CM13 on my SGS3 LTE, but I'll let you know if it works after my nandroid backup ;)
    Hi StrangerWeather,

Thanks a lot for this! My understanding is that it won't work with CM, but let me know. I think only AOSP based custom roms have a chance. And stock, of course.
    ;)
    It installs, root granted, configured, I chose a color and then reboot OK but color is not taken into account after reboot. Will you need logs? If yes, which moment exactly?