[APP][Android 7 Nougat][Quick Settings][Pixel XL] QuickTile

Search This thread

chadwick359

Aug 9, 2010
I had just been thinking about something like QuickTile while getting settled in to my Pixel; if you're still providing Pro codes I'd like one please.

Much like some other folks in this thread; I can't seem to send you PMs for some reason.

Last edited:

nemesys504

Oct 13, 2006
New York, NY
Could you make a battery tile with just the battery percentage and no icon and when tapping it gives you the default battery tile action? I would just like to see the battery percentage in the quick actions bar.

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Could you make a battery tile with just the battery percentage and no icon and when tapping it gives you the default battery tile action? I would just like to see the battery percentage in the quick actions bar.

Added to the feature request list..... But are you aware that you could show the battery percentage on the default battery tile via the System UI Tuner setting ?

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Would love to check this out. Think a Calculator in the tiles would be nice.

pm send.
you can easily create a calculator tile with QuickTile;)
--> simply choose your calculator app with the Start App (Start/ Launch group) activity ... then choose your favorite icon and label :good:

overbyc1

Nov 1, 2006
Coastal NC
Thanks for this! Left you a review on the play store. I was able to get that installed very easily and now have my calc app in quick tiles. Kinda surprised with so many icons, there wasn't an actual calculator icon, but I found one that will do.

Looking forward to see what else I can make easier with this app!

Thanks again for the opportunity to try it out!

pm send.
you can easily create a calculator tile with QuickTile;)
--> simply choose your calculator app with the Start App (Start/ Launch group) activity ... then choose your favorite icon and label :good:

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Is there a screenshot option? I can't find one in the app.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Nope, no native Screenshot activity available... Added to the feature request list.... Not sure if you could use an app or app activity for that...

...send from mobile...

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Awesome app. Have been using it on and off. very helpful. If I may, one suggestion: is it possible to have an option to have the the "Car mode" turn on automatically if we add it to the tiles? Currently we can place a toggle command on the tile but if it could somehow detect that the phone is in moving in a car and the "auto on" mode is set, we don't have to manually turn it on. Chances are most of the times the phone owner is the one driving.

"car mode" is even more weird than the "do not disturb" mode .... I´m playing around with this since Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread and google changed the behavior a lot ... to be honest, I haven´t used it much for a couple of android versions now .... afaik there is no manual way to activate this in Android 7+ , so I´m not even sure if there is still a valide use case for this, let alone future use cases ....

sure, theoretically it should be possible to implement something like you described, but "somehow detect that the phone is moving in a car" would mean a lot of hassle, relying on (not always stable) APIs and some complex workarounds ... and all that for a activity, which is/will become probably abandoned from google --> sound more like a separate app (perhaps with plugin functionality ---> Yes, QuickTile can handle automation plugins ;)) for me

Gotcha. Too bad Google keeps changing the behavior. But I suppose they have their reasons. Thanks for the reply!

obviously, they had their reasons ;) ... have a look at the Android Auto v2.0 app ...pretty nice and you can automatically start it depending on a connected bluetooth device .... not much to do for QuickTile, but it seems that sometimes mountain view listen to their users :good:

Zeroflucks

Nov 2, 2016
Hey man, love the app. A requests if possible. Any way to put a VPN toggle to a specific VPN. Unless it's already possible and being dumb. Thanks

Last edited:

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills
Any way to setup a screenshot tile? I can't for the life of me get this Pixel XL to take screenshots with a TPU case on with the volume down and power buttons. It's driving me nuts and the Pixel's have the retarted Google assistant built-in so you can't use Google on tap to do a screenshot either. I constantly screenshot my screen but since purchasing the Pixel XL I've given up on screenshots since mine wont take them. Any chance possibly maybe a tile option can be added?

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Any way to setup a screenshot tile? I can't for the life of me get this Pixel XL to take screenshots with a TPU case on with the volume down and power buttons. It's driving me nuts and the Pixel's have the retarted Google assistant built-in so you can't use Google on tap to do a screenshot either. I constantly screenshot my screen but since purchasing the Pixel XL I've given up on screenshots since mine wont take them. Any chance possibly maybe a tile option can be added?

Should be possible with root ....BUT should be tricky/ impossible? without root ( --> i think, google does not want a rogue 3rd party app taking automated screenshot while you doing your home banking ... so it´s a good security restriction from my point of view ) .... would the root requirement be ok for you?

Zeroflucks

Nov 2, 2016
Hm, never used VPNs on android, so I have to spend some time to have a deeper look ....

Thanks man, I did make a shortcut to my shortcut app which helps. I use VPN a lot for work so a simple on and off switch would be very useful. As is the shortcut tile helps from searching for the folder then VPN section to turn it on our off. Thanks for looking into it.

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Thanks man, I did make a shortcut to my shortcut app which helps. I use VPN a lot for work so a simple on and off switch would be very useful. As is the shortcut tile helps from searching for the folder then VPN section to turn it on our off. Thanks for looking into it.

will have a look.

BTW: I always prefer to fire "automated non-user-interaction setting activities" , but if it´s not possible or not available showing a specific Settings screen with QuickTile is pretty easy ----> use the "App Activity" (group: Start/Launch) activitiy, choose the standard Android SETTINGS app and then you can choose the specific setting.... in your case, simply choose the "com.android.Settings$VpnSettingsActivity" setting

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills
Should be possible with root ....BUT should be tricky/ impossible? without root ( --> i think, google does not want a rogue 3rd party app taking automated screenshot while you doing your home banking ... so it´s a good security restriction from my point of view ) .... would the root requirement be ok for you?
Yeah, root will be fine. I appreciate it man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Want to try out QuickTile with your new and shiny Pixel/ Pixel XL? :good:

Send me a PM and I will give you a promo code (while supplies last) for pro.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.widgapp.quicktile

Feedback always welcome ....
    Update 1.3.1

Update 1.3.1 is out in the wild (Google Play) now.

OK guys, I´m pretty proud of this one ;)

The main new feature is the possibility to link the tile icon and label to your device status ... You can now link your WiFi, Ringermode, Location and Battery device status to your quicktile. Especially the Battery link is pretty awesome (--> battery percentage + battery temperature direct within your tile :cool: ).

Another cool feature is the screenshot activity (no more power+ volume down ;)) ..try it out ...
    Update 1.6.1

Update 1.6.1 is out in the wild --> Google Play ;)

- New Sleep activity (root required)
    - Widget support --> you can now fire a tile via homescreen widget (nothing fancy, not linked to device status or tile icons etc. but handy for some use cases)
    - Additional tweaks and fixes

:cowboy:
    Update 1.5.1

Update 1.5.1 is out in the wild now (--> Google Play)

Usually the Nexus (now Pixel?) devices, stock Android and SuperSu (for root) are my baseline for development.

In the past, a lot of manufacturer roms as well as custom roms implemented a lot of workarounds, non-standard APIs and even changed some of the standard APIs. It was, and still is, a support nightmare. However, the 1.5.1 update contains a compatibility mode for non-supersu root apps and fixes some of the horrible custom rom workarounds (looking at you, CM :p). I certainly can not fix all the workaround and bugs in all custom (and manufacturer!) roms but 1.5.1 should fix at least some of the common ones. Especially the root activities should now work much more stable on CM.

Update 1.5.1
    - Advanced custom rom support
    - Minor tweaks and fixes
    Update 1.1.0

something very, very, very NICE is coming .... :D

Meaning Update 1.1.0 is out in the wild (Google Play) .....The main new feature is the CYCLE feature .... you can now add several cycles to each Tile --> each one with own activities, icon and label ....so you can define your own powerful toggle tiles .... or whatever else you want ....

3 cycle behavior: cycle1 -->cycle2 --> cycle3-->cycle1 --> cycle2 etc. ....

It´s a very powerful feature and I´m looking forward to hear your use cases .... However, I found a solution to keep the UI nearly as simple as before, so if you don´t need it, you can ignore it completely .... :highfive:
    Beside that I added 2 additional toggle parameters for the Ringermode (did that before implementing the cycles :eek: ) and added a setting to let you protect your tiles on a locked device (activate it, and you have to unlock the device before fire the activities) .... + additional minor improvements and fixes ....

As always, you can test and use every feature for free ... the pro version removes the ad and let you use more Tiles and an unlimited number of activities per Tile .... and btw. some promo codes still available ....:laugh: