[APP][Android 7 Nougat][Quick Settings][Pixel XL] QuickTile

Search This thread

vlatinlove

May 6, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Hey I sent you a PM a few minutes ago, but since I noticed you have not been receiving some might as well post here also. I would love to try this app if you still have promo codes available.

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Some people are saying PMs aren't getting through, though I doubt it ... but anyway

Please let me try out QuickTile with my new and shiny Pixel XL as per PM sent :)

Thank you

This app seems so convenient and useful; I'd love to help test this app if you've got codes

Hey I sent you a PM a few minutes ago, but since I noticed you have not been receiving some might as well post here also. I would love to try this app if you still have promo codes available.
Check your pm [emoji2]

...send from mobile...

Reactions: vlatinlove

Rootuser3.0

May 18, 2011
Happy new year! I sent a pm about 2 months ago and never received a pm back. Can I please try this app out I'm looking forward for this feature. Thanks you!

Beanerman

Jan 8, 2012
Check your pm [emoji16]

...send from mobile...
Again, loving it and thank you.

It would be cool to be able to choose which cycle from a particular tile I suppose, a drop down or something, That way it could be kinda a categorized tile.
But, I don't know much about these things, just spitballing, Lol.

Keep up the awesome work!

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

jdpro22

Dec 30, 2016
Everyone should post up the tiles they've created. Maybe dev could add them in as options for everyone to use?
I made one called Playback which essentially toggles my phone between my normal preferences and those for showing someone media on my device.
Cycle #1
Auto Rotate On
Brightness Max
Music Vol Max
Ringer set to DND

Cycle #2
Auto Rotate Off
Brightness Low
Music Vol Low
Ringer set to Normal

I'm curious what everyone else has come up with!

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Everyone should post up the tiles they've created. Maybe dev could add them in as options for everyone to use?
I'm curious what everyone else has come up with!

yep, I like the idea of sharing tiles and use cases ...the possibilities are endless and every example leads to more ideas, tiles and use cases ... for example a HUE light control via Http get/ post is a use case i never thought about, but it´s brilliant and easy ...and base on this, you can think of a lot more similar IOT use cases ...

not sure, how we should handle the use case sharing, but if we get many people to share their use cases here in the thread , I thing I will find a more suitable solution .... :good:

Last edited:

Brentboy

Jun 29, 2014
I like this app a lot, I'm currently trying to make it emulate lean droid in a way. Is there a way for you to make settings repeat?

Brentboy

Jun 29, 2014
Like say, after like 30 mins can I make it turn on WiFi for a minute and turn off later periodically?

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Like say, after like 30 mins can I make it turn on WiFi for a minute and turn off later periodically?

Ok,got it.
No, QuickTile does not support periodically triggers and I do not plan to implement such triggers.

Let me explain it a little more in detail:
A lot of tools out in the wild do more harm (meaning drain more battery) than using the standard config. Especially Android 7 has some highly sophisticated internal optimization and messing with these, usually do not save any battery. Btw. task cleaners and virus killers are in the same "placebo" category from my point of view ... :eek:

regis.stration

Feb 23, 2007
Want to try out QuickTile with your new and shiny Pixel/ Pixel XL? :good:

Send me a PM and I will give you a promo code (while supplies last) for pro.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.widgapp.quicktile

Feedback always welcome ....

Only discovered this app today and I'm loving it. If you are still providing promo codes, I would love to get one.

I also use tasker and GMD Gestures to trigger tasks manually, but this app fills a big gap doing tons of automation with manual triggers from the quick settings. Keep up the awesome work!

mattyb65

Oct 29, 2010
Franklin, Ma
4j0uoi4.jpg

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Update 1.6.1

Update 1.6.1 is out in the wild --> Google Play ;)

- New Sleep activity (root required)
- Widget support --> you can now fire a tile via homescreen widget (nothing fancy, not linked to device status or tile icons etc. but handy for some use cases)
- Additional tweaks and fixes

:cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Want to try out QuickTile with your new and shiny Pixel/ Pixel XL? :good:

Send me a PM and I will give you a promo code (while supplies last) for pro.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.widgapp.quicktile

Feedback always welcome ....
    Update 1.3.1

Update 1.3.1 is out in the wild (Google Play) now.

OK guys, I´m pretty proud of this one ;)

The main new feature is the possibility to link the tile icon and label to your device status ... You can now link your WiFi, Ringermode, Location and Battery device status to your quicktile. Especially the Battery link is pretty awesome (--> battery percentage + battery temperature direct within your tile :cool: ).

Another cool feature is the screenshot activity (no more power+ volume down ;)) ..try it out ...
    Update 1.6.1

Update 1.6.1 is out in the wild --> Google Play ;)

- New Sleep activity (root required)
    - Widget support --> you can now fire a tile via homescreen widget (nothing fancy, not linked to device status or tile icons etc. but handy for some use cases)
    - Additional tweaks and fixes

:cowboy:
    Update 1.5.1

Update 1.5.1 is out in the wild now (--> Google Play)

Usually the Nexus (now Pixel?) devices, stock Android and SuperSu (for root) are my baseline for development.

In the past, a lot of manufacturer roms as well as custom roms implemented a lot of workarounds, non-standard APIs and even changed some of the standard APIs. It was, and still is, a support nightmare. However, the 1.5.1 update contains a compatibility mode for non-supersu root apps and fixes some of the horrible custom rom workarounds (looking at you, CM :p). I certainly can not fix all the workaround and bugs in all custom (and manufacturer!) roms but 1.5.1 should fix at least some of the common ones. Especially the root activities should now work much more stable on CM.

Update 1.5.1
    - Advanced custom rom support
    - Minor tweaks and fixes
    Update 1.1.0

something very, very, very NICE is coming .... :D

Meaning Update 1.1.0 is out in the wild (Google Play) .....The main new feature is the CYCLE feature .... you can now add several cycles to each Tile --> each one with own activities, icon and label ....so you can define your own powerful toggle tiles .... or whatever else you want ....

3 cycle behavior: cycle1 -->cycle2 --> cycle3-->cycle1 --> cycle2 etc. ....

It´s a very powerful feature and I´m looking forward to hear your use cases .... However, I found a solution to keep the UI nearly as simple as before, so if you don´t need it, you can ignore it completely .... :highfive:
    Beside that I added 2 additional toggle parameters for the Ringermode (did that before implementing the cycles :eek: ) and added a setting to let you protect your tiles on a locked device (activate it, and you have to unlock the device before fire the activities) .... + additional minor improvements and fixes ....

As always, you can test and use every feature for free ... the pro version removes the ad and let you use more Tiles and an unlimited number of activities per Tile .... and btw. some promo codes still available ....:laugh: