[APP][Android 7 Nougat][Quick Settings] [Samsung Galaxy S7] QuickTile

Search This thread

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Nougat fresh on your Galaxy S7? Want to try one of the Android 7 exclusive new features?

Have a look at QuickTile: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.widgapp.quicktile

:D

I do have some promo codes reserved for Galaxy S7 users, so send me a PM and I will give you a promo code (while supplies last) for pro. :good:

Feedback always welcome ....

Last edited:

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Update 1.7

Update 1.7.+ is out in the wild (-> Google Play)....

Update 1.7.+
* App themes (Yep, new colors ;))
* Additional Battery status design
* Fix for several 3rd party plugin issues
* Minor tweaks and fixes

Reactions: MitoTakatori

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Update 1.8.1

Update 1.8.1 is out in the wild -- > Google Play

You can now set a custom text as your Tile Icon (e.g. "2G" for cycle1 and "LTE" for cycle2) ... have fun and also try some emojis as input (some will look quite good, but Android will most render to a silhouette) :eek:
The "Start App Activity" will now contain additional system apps ....

Update 1.8.+
* Text Icons
* Improved 'Start App Activity' activity
* Tweaks and fixes

milojoseph

Sep 18, 2012
Brooklyn
Update 1.8.1 is out in the wild -- > Google Play

You can now set a custom text as your Tile Icon (e.g. "2G" for cycle1 and "LTE" for cycle2) ... have fun and also try some emojis as input (some will look quite good, but Android will most render to a silhouette) :eek:
The "Start App Activity" will now contain additional system apps ....

Update 1.8.+
* Text Icons
* Improved 'Start App Activity' activity
* Tweaks and fixes
Any promo codes available

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Update 1.9.1

Update 1.9.1 just uploaded to Google Play -->

Update 1.9.+
* Data Saver activity (root)
* Data Saver Status Link (root)
* Bugfixes

Reactions: nalas

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Any chance to enable data with 4G/3G in the same toggle?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not sure, if I understood your questions ... but yes, you can add the network mode activity, like any other activity, to this tile.

BUT the network mode is a tricky one ... the network mode activity uses some heavy workarounds and standard Android, manufacturers and even roms (looking at you cm/lineage) mess around with this feature .... sometimes adding a 3 seconds wait activity between the network mode activity and another activity will solve issues, sometimes it does not ... If it does not work for you, send me a message with details (device, rom, root methode, quicktile activities and a log file) and I will have a look ... but don´t expect a fix.... some things are not fixable :eek:

royal_eagle

Feb 25, 2009
casablanca
Not sure, if I understood your questions ... but yes, you can add the network mode activity, like any other activity, to this tile.

BUT the network mode is a tricky one ... the network mode activity uses some heavy workarounds and standard Android, manufacturers and even roms (looking at you cm/lineage) mess around with this feature .... sometimes adding a 3 seconds wait activity between the network mode activity and another activity will solve issues, sometimes it does not ... If it does not work for you, send me a message with details (device, rom, root methode, quicktile activities and a log file) and I will have a look ... but don´t expect a fix.... some things are not fixable :eek:
Sure many thanks for your prompt answer

royal_eagle

Feb 25, 2009
casablanca
It works fine Man, much appreciated, it was needed 4 or 5 click to have data with 4G, now with this app i can dovit with only one click from notification panel

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Hi all,

QuickTile has more than 50 different activities, some easy to understand (like the standard device settings activities), some more unique, complex and powerful. A lot of users ask me which activities to use and how to handle complex setups, so I decided to introduce some use cases. A lot of these activities are unique (no other app will provide something similar), so I will focus on these activities. In each post I will introduce 2-4 features/ activities ... so let´s start with:

# Text-to-Speech:
QuickTile has a powerful Text-to-Speech engine. Currently 3 different activities are supported:
- Text-to-Speech: Let QuickTile Speak any text you want ... you can combine this with any other activity to give you some audio feedback, for example combine the text "WiFi ON" with the WiFi ON activity ... or you can use it for fun and let your device say "good morning ascsa" or something completely different.
- Speak time: Tells you the time
- Say Date: Tells you the date

# External Plugin:
This unique feature let you use standard automation plugins with QuickTile. What does that mean: You can use a wide range of automation plugins (the same you could use with e.g. Tasker) to fire automation task activities ... for example you could fire "Secure Settings Plugin" activities with QuickTile or use "Pushbullet" to send notifications to other devices or you can fire "Greenify" tasks. All you have to do is install the Plugin App and choose your activity via the "External Plugin" Group.

# HttpGet and HttpPost
You can use QuickTile to send HttpGet and HttpPost request ... Very cool and powerful feature, you can do all kinds of cool stuff with this...
Some users control their Smarthomes via QuickTile ... You can for example switch on your smart Hue lights with just a Tile in your quick settings. Pretty cool isn´t it?

QuickTile has a lot of other cool and unique features and if you enjoy this post, just let me know and I will present some other cool features in similar posts. ...

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
QuickTile unique and cool features Part 2:

Received a lot of positive feedback for the previous "QuickTile cool features" postet, so let´s have a look at some other cool activities and features in QuickTile:

# Music Player (Start/Launch)
You can fire up your music player and start playing music (play/pause parameter recommended)....
Yep, doesn´t sound much, BUT you can combine this activity with other activities and features and create your own customized "play music profile" ... e.g. add the "Set Music vol" activity and bring your media volume to 100 % and also add the "Ringer" activity (both -> Device settings) with the "Do NOT Disturb" parameter to enjoy your music ....AND you can add an additional cycle to stop the music, bring back your music volume to e.g. 34 % and bring your Ringer mode back to normal ...cool :good:
Cycle 1:
- Music Player : Play
- Set Music Volume: 100
- Ringer: Do not Disturb

Cycle 2:
- Music Player : Stop
- Set Music Volume: 34
- Ringer: Normal

Remember to choose a Pause icon (II) for cycle 1 and a Play icon (>) for cycle 2 and matching labels, because QuickTile will always show you the icon + label for the next cycle ;)... You can also add more activities like bluetooth on/off or Navigation to this Tile

#Navigation (Start/Launch)
Start a Navigation ... Just enter your desired address as parameter and you are good to go ... or keep the address empty to just open your navigation app
You can also combine this activity with other activities start a custom car mode (e.g. WiFi off, Bluetooth on, Music Player Play etc.)

or you can try out the Android Car Mode (depends on your rom / device)
#Car Mode (Start/Launch)
Start the android car mode ... I would recommend to install Android Auto and you should be good to go ;)

Should be enough for part 2 of this "QuickTile cool features and activities" post ....

Feedback always welcome ;)

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Update 1.10.1

Update 1.10.1 is out in the wild --> Google Play ;)

Contains a new Set Orientation Activity. You could now fix your display orientation to Portrait, Landscape, Reverse Portrait or Reverse Landscape :good:

Update 1.10.+
* Set Orientation activity
* Bugfixes

Reactions: MitoTakatori

ssceddie

Oct 9, 2008
Hello, an much thanks to @ascsa, great app.
I 'd like to add a tile for screen off time but it does not work...could someone tell me what I have to do, step by step?
Network switch 3G/4G work perfectly. Thanks

And I'd like to add a tile for easy switch on/off VoLTE but I don't find the correct option

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Hello, an much thanks to @ascsa, great app.
I 'd like to add a tile for screen off time but it does not work...could someone tell me what I have to do, step by step?
Network switch 3G/4G work perfectly. Thanks

And I'd like to add a tile for easy switch on/off VoLTE but I don't find the correct option

Screen off time: Have you tried the Display timeout activity ? just add a parameter (ASAP depends on device/ firmware, but all others should work on all devices :fingers-crossed:)

volte: VoLTE has no native Activity ... not sure if it´s possible via shell or root shell command (I do not use it and can not test it) ... Anyone with feedback regarding volte ?

ssceddie

Oct 9, 2008
For VoLTE switch I found the correct option, see my attached pic....
For screen off time I looking for the right set up if I have more time ^^

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170528-103813.png
    Screenshot_20170528-103813.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 284

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nougat fresh on your Galaxy S7? Want to try one of the Android 7 exclusive new features?

Have a look at QuickTile: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.widgapp.quicktile

:D

I do have some promo codes reserved for Galaxy S7 users, so send me a PM and I will give you a promo code (while supplies last) for pro. :good:

Feedback always welcome ....
    Update 1.7

Update 1.7.+ is out in the wild (-> Google Play)....

Update 1.7.+
    * App themes (Yep, new colors ;))
    * Additional Battery status design
    * Fix for several 3rd party plugin issues
    * Minor tweaks and fixes
    Update 1.9.1

Update 1.9.1 just uploaded to Google Play -->

Update 1.9.+
    * Data Saver activity (root)
    * Data Saver Status Link (root)
    * Bugfixes
    Update 1.10.1

Update 1.10.1 is out in the wild --> Google Play ;)

Contains a new Set Orientation Activity. You could now fix your display orientation to Portrait, Landscape, Reverse Portrait or Reverse Landscape :good:

Update 1.10.+
    * Set Orientation activity
    * Bugfixes