[APP] Android Loader v6.0 Final for HD2

Search This thread

teninchnail

Oct 28, 2010
thnx

This really helps a lot. I am walking around if I really want to go with NAND or SD! But I can say that your replies and everything really very helpful. Thanx again
Cheers from Istanbul

KFD

Jan 8, 2010
Just having som issues with this tool:

Starting without SoftReset: No Problem
Starting with SoftReset: Not possible to start Android, its always starting WinMo. System asks me to launch haret.exe, when im hitting "yes", just HTC is beginning to load and afterwards I need to set my pin code.
I also can't see a dual boot menu when chosen.
Any ideas?

Edit: Found the solution: Error was depending on my Android Build, it worked when i tried another one!
Thanks for your work.

Last edited:

neol

Jun 11, 2011
It works!!! I think what i did wrong the first time was just powered off the phone this time I soft rebooted the phone after installing and it works great now! And I'm not sure about flashing android to nand cause I would probally screw my phone up knowing my luck.
Its a suprisingly easy process as long as you have HardSPL 2.08 installed and a new 2.**.50.** Radio on your phone there is very little chance of anything going wrong. If you ever want to get rid of Windows Mobile completely then goto the link in my thread where there is always help available.

Mark.

I have a brand new TMOUS HD2 and haven't installed any HardSPL or Magldr or any other Dual Boot Loaders. It is running a Stock rom win6.5. Just installed your Android loader app and it is working as expected.

Without installing any HardSPL or Magldr is it dangerous to run in this way ? will this brick and cause any problems to TMOUS ?? :eek:

BTW, thanks for this wonderfull app. I have been thinking, thinking, thinking and thinking from past 2 months whether or not to install/tryout android with fear of bricking the phone though not exactly knowing whats the difference between HardSPL/Magldr(even after searching on forum) and various other dualOSloader and methods to install android/linux on nand/sd/rom/ram puff and then I found this awesome yet so simple app. Power of simplicity :p

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I have a brand new TMOUS HD2 and haven't installed any HardSPL or Magldr or any other Dual Boot Loaders. It is running a Stock rom win6.5. Just installed your Android loader app and it is working as expected.

Without installing any HardSPL or Magldr is it dangerous to run in this way ? will this brick and cause any problems to TMOUS ?? :eek:

BTW, thanks for this wonderfull app. I have been thinking, thinking, thinking and thinking from past 2 months whether or not to install/tryout android with fear of bricking the phone though not exactly knowing whats the difference between HardSPL/Magldr(even after searching on forum) and various other dualOSloader and methods to install android/linux on nand/sd/rom/ram puff and then I found this awesome yet so simple app. Power of simplicity :p
There have been a few (and I mean ONLY a few) cases where people reported losing information on the WinMo Rom after rebooting from Android into WinMo but I dont think I have ever heard of any cases where running an SD version of Android has broken the WinMo Rom.

Glad you like it :)

Mark.

neol

Jun 11, 2011
letting others know... just using this app with gingerbread 2.3.5 version it seems to be working but a little lagging

EDIT: have tried other darkstone's, superram SD roms (with sense & without sense), they are working too on tmous.

Last edited:

Vazkez23

Sep 11, 2010
Hi Mark :)

First I must say: Great app dude :) Realy makes things much easer in these times where we are all lazy to clicking around :D

Anyway I have a idea or a sugestion:

I do not want to look like I am not thkfull for this app but is there any chance to change colour of the backround pic. or put some kind of wallpaper plz ?

Do not take me wrong I am not asking you to make a new apps with lots of different skins etc. just like to ask about small push. For example like change value there to that and you get red backround or something like that.

Thk vm dude :)

Vazz

lamsbery

Oct 15, 2011
There are numerous Android Bootloaders out there right now that will load Android before WindowsMobile boots up (into the screen) but this app is a bit special and has everything that you will ever need all in one ;)

For starters you can load Android easily once you are already using Windows. It comes with a cool looking icon so you can add it to Sense or Mobile Shell or whatever you use as your day to day interface.

On installation you can also set your default Operating System (Android or Windows Mobile), then you will be asked for an AutoBoot timeout (3, 5, 10, 20, 30 or 60 seconds). After a soft reset of your phone, as soon as WindowsMobile boots up you will be prompted to choose what you want to boot into. If you make no selection then your default Operating System will be Auto loaded after the time out.

You will also be asked on installation to select the folder where your Android files are (no typing needed). This NEW feature means that when developers bring out Android Builds that arent in the standard 'Android' folder you can still auto load it without any problems. If you make no selection or cancel then the default location will be set (Storage Card\Android) :D

Another NEW feature is a Windows Link (with icon) that will Soft Reset your phone and then load straight into Android without any prompts. This was added by request for people who want to load Android after Windows has been running for a while, but want to reset the phone before loading it.

Last but by no means least there is a folder in the Start Menu called 'Android Loader' which holds a Manager app where you can change any of the default settings. There are also 2 switches, Fast Mode will load Android as soon as the icon is clicked, Safe Mode will always ask for confirmation when the icon is clicked to avoid accidental loading.

When it is run the Android loader will first run Clrcad.exe for the sound and then a second later run haret.exe to start Android.

NOTE: If you want to run a different build that is in a different folder then you can use the Loader Manager utility to change the Android Path. If the new build will be in the same folder then there is no need to reinstall :)

ChangeLog:
V6.0 (18th December 2010) -
Added the final feature missing from this Loader, an AutoBooter with configureable default OS and selection of timeouts. Also if no location is set then a default location is automatically set to help avoid bad installations. Registry entrys have been moved to the HKLM, Software folder and the Loader is fully uninstallable including uninstallation of all registry settings.

V5.0 (24th September 2010)
- Added a Loader Manager utility in the Start Menu, Android Loader folder. With this utility you can change any of the options that was asked when installing the Android Loader. Change the Startup Boot Option, Change the Startup Folder where Android is and Change which icons are shown in the Start Menu on the fly without having to reinstall the app.

Added a switch in the Start Menu, Android Loader folder. By default Android will boot straight away when the icon is clicked (fast mode) but you can now switch to safe mode which will ask a confirmation question before booting Android when you click on the icon.

V4.1 (10th August 2010)
- Changed the icon images for a better look and also added detection for my Ubuntu Loader in post#2 so that both auto loaders cant be set at windows startup.

DONT ASK IN THIS THREAD ABOUT QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH ANDROID. THIS IS TO BE KEPT JUST ABOUT THE ANDROID LOADER.

--------------------------------------

Useage:

1. Make sure you have your desired build of Android copied across to your Storage Card. Go *HERE* for download links.

2. Make sure to uninstall any previous versions if you are updating.

3. Using a File Manager, browse to the file on your phone and install the cab to DEVICE Memory.

4. You will now be asked if you want a prompt everytime you start WindowsMobile to run Android or continue to Windows. This is your Autoboot setting. If you select No you wont get this.

5. You will now be asked which Android links you want displayed in the Start Menu (Android, Android with Soft Reset or Both).

6. You will now be asked select the folder where your Android build is copied to. You only have to do this once, it will remember the settings until you uninstall the program.

NOTE: If your icons dont change in HTC Sense after upgrading the cab then install and run SICC (Sense Icon Cache Clearer) *HERE* and your new icon will be shown after a soft reset.

If you enjoy using this program or anything else I do please consider making a donation. Even if its just a small amount it gives me satisfaction and enthusiasm to carry on developing and appreciation of my work is very welcome.

Enjoy :D

Mark.

th_Android.png
th_AndroidSoftReset.png
Hi, Thanks to MSKIP, i successfully running MV 7.1 on my sd card (8gb/SDHC4) on my htc hd2. there is only a weak point is a bite slow on the Android by SD card. i tried to load this MV 7.1 or CWM 7.1 by flashing mode but failed due to USD connection (USD ini) problem. is there anyway can copy any android (pls specif where to download) on the sd card and transfer (by how) to htc hd2 ? I like android quite a lot instead of the stupid wm 6.5, can a lot of restriction. Appreciated for your promp reply, my email lamsbery@yahoo.com.sg Cheers

Vazkez23

Sep 11, 2010
Hi, Thanks to MSKIP, i successfully running MV 7.1 on my sd card (8gb/SDHC4) on my htc hd2. there is only a weak point is a bite slow on the Android by SD card. i tried to load this MV 7.1 or CWM 7.1 by flashing mode but failed due to USD connection (USD ini) problem. is there anyway can copy any android (pls specif where to download) on the sd card and transfer (by how) to htc hd2 ? I like android quite a lot instead of the stupid wm 6.5, can a lot of restriction. Appreciated for your promp reply, my email lamsbery@yahoo.com.sg Cheers

Oficial HTC HD2 android thread where you can choose any build you like :

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=735

What I use >>> smooth runing + lovely HTC sence

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1038694

Big thk to MccMBoxmaX GS, mccmjoon76 and their team :)

EDIT:

Forgot to be more specific :p

Dowload choosed biuld from link above >>> extract folder (Android) to main root of your SD card run CLRCAD.exe then haret.exe (or use this app) and you done :)

Hope its help...

Vazz

Last edited:

W.Mia

Dec 14, 2011
Just having som issues with this tool:

Starting without SoftReset: No Problem
Starting with SoftReset: Not possible to start Android, its always starting WinMo. System asks me to launch haret.exe, when im hitting "yes", just HTC is beginning to load and afterwards I need to set my pin code.
I also can't see a dual boot menu when chosen.
Any ideas?

Edit: Found the solution: Error was depending on my Android Build, it worked when i tried another one!
Thanks for your work.

Hi KFD, I have the same trouble - system asks me to launch haret. exe ... Can you (or anyone else) tell me, how to solve it?

I am using build [BoxmaX.S3.5.v6.1a] on HTC HD2 with ROM 3.14.479.2
When I run Android manually (start clrcad.exe, then haret.exe), everthing is OK.

Thanks for any suggestion

Vazkez23

Sep 11, 2010
Hi KFD, I have the same trouble - system asks me to launch haret. exe ... Can you (or anyone else) tell me, how to solve it?

When I run Android manually (start clrcad.exe, then haret.exe), everthing is OK.

HI there. Sorry to hear that it has always worked for me.
Anyway you can always try exceller android loader.... If this one does not work for your ROM.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=737001

Hope its helped.

and the app looks like:

Attachments

• Screen07.jpg
    Screen07.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

W.Mia

Dec 14, 2011

Only for information: I stoped using this app. It doesn't do, what I've expected. And also I do the SD card magic at start :)

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
Will you be able to dual boot to SD Android?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are numerous Android Bootloaders out there right now that will load Android before WindowsMobile boots up (into the screen) but this app is a bit special and has everything that you will ever need all in one ;)

For starters you can load Android easily once you are already using Windows. It comes with a cool looking icon so you can add it to Sense or Mobile Shell or whatever you use as your day to day interface.

On installation you can also set your default Operating System (Android or Windows Mobile), then you will be asked for an AutoBoot timeout (3, 5, 10, 20, 30 or 60 seconds). After a soft reset of your phone, as soon as WindowsMobile boots up you will be prompted to choose what you want to boot into. If you make no selection then your default Operating System will be Auto loaded after the time out.

You will also be asked on installation to select the folder where your Android files are (no typing needed). This NEW feature means that when developers bring out Android Builds that arent in the standard 'Android' folder you can still auto load it without any problems. If you make no selection or cancel then the default location will be set (Storage Card\Android) :D

Another NEW feature is a Windows Link (with icon) that will Soft Reset your phone and then load straight into Android without any prompts. This was added by request for people who want to load Android after Windows has been running for a while, but want to reset the phone before loading it.

Last but by no means least there is a folder in the Start Menu called 'Android Loader' which holds a Manager app where you can change any of the default settings. There are also 2 switches, Fast Mode will load Android as soon as the icon is clicked, Safe Mode will always ask for confirmation when the icon is clicked to avoid accidental loading.

When it is run the Android loader will first run Clrcad.exe for the sound and then a second later run haret.exe to start Android.

NOTE: If you want to run a different build that is in a different folder then you can use the Loader Manager utility to change the Android Path. If the new build will be in the same folder then there is no need to reinstall :)

ChangeLog:
    V6.0 (18th December 2010) -
    Added the final feature missing from this Loader, an AutoBooter with configureable default OS and selection of timeouts. Also if no location is set then a default location is automatically set to help avoid bad installations. Registry entrys have been moved to the HKLM, Software folder and the Loader is fully uninstallable including uninstallation of all registry settings.

V5.0 (24th September 2010)
    - Added a Loader Manager utility in the Start Menu, Android Loader folder. With this utility you can change any of the options that was asked when installing the Android Loader. Change the Startup Boot Option, Change the Startup Folder where Android is and Change which icons are shown in the Start Menu on the fly without having to reinstall the app.

Added a switch in the Start Menu, Android Loader folder. By default Android will boot straight away when the icon is clicked (fast mode) but you can now switch to safe mode which will ask a confirmation question before booting Android when you click on the icon.

V4.1 (10th August 2010)
    - Changed the icon images for a better look and also added detection for my Ubuntu Loader in post#2 so that both auto loaders cant be set at windows startup.

DONT ASK IN THIS THREAD ABOUT QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH ANDROID. THIS IS TO BE KEPT JUST ABOUT THE ANDROID LOADER.

Useage:

1. Make sure you have your desired build of Android copied across to your Storage Card. Go *HERE* for download links.

2. Make sure to uninstall any previous versions if you are updating.

3. Using a File Manager, browse to the file on your phone and install the cab to DEVICE Memory.

4. You will now be asked if you want a prompt everytime you start WindowsMobile to run Android or continue to Windows. This is your Autoboot setting. If you select No you wont get this.

5. You will now be asked which Android links you want displayed in the Start Menu (Android, Android with Soft Reset or Both).

6. You will now be asked select the folder where your Android build is copied to. You only have to do this once, it will remember the settings until you uninstall the program.

NOTE: If your icons dont change in HTC Sense after upgrading the cab then install and run SICC (Sense Icon Cache Clearer) *HERE* and your new icon will be shown after a soft reset.

If you enjoy using this program or anything else I do please consider making a donation. Even if its just a small amount it gives me satisfaction and enthusiasm to carry on developing and appreciation of my work is very welcome.

Enjoy :D

Mark.

th_Android.png
    th_AndroidSoftReset.png
    where is your thanks button ?
    Next to the EDIT button at the bottom of the post you want to thank?

Mark.
    [APP] Ubuntu Loader v1.0 for HD2

This app will load Ubuntu before WindowsMobile boots up (into the screen) but it has more features too
    wink.gif

For starters you can load Ubuntu easily once you are already using Windows. It comes with a cool looking icon so you can add it to Sense or Mobile Shell or whatever you use as your day to day interface.

On installation you can also set the Ubuntu Loader to ask you what you want to do as soon as WindowsMobile boots up. If you select 'yes' then everytime Windows boots up you can choose between loading Ubuntu or carrying on into Windows. If my Android loader is detected with the Startup option set then this will be disabled for Ubuntu.

You will also be asked on installation to select the folder where your Ubuntu files are (no typing needed). This is mainly to get round the problem of different language Roms but its also useful if Ubuntu is put in a different folder
    biggrin.gif

Another NEW feature is a Windows Link (with icon) that will Soft Reset your phone and then load straight into Ubuntu without any prompts. This is for people who want to load Ubuntu after Windows has been running for a while, but want to reset the phone before loading it.

DONT ASK IN THIS THREAD ABOUT QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH UBUNTU. THIS IS TO BE KEPT JUST ABOUT THE UBUNTU LOADER.

Useage:

1. Make sure you have the Ubuntu files copied to your Storage Card already.

2. Install the cab to DEVICE Memory.

3. You will now be asked if you want a prompt everytime you start WindowsMobile to run
    Ubuntu or continue to Windows. If you select No you wont get this.

4. You will now be asked which
    Ubuntu links you want displayed in the Start Menu (Ubuntu, Ubuntu with Soft Reset or Both).

5. You will now be asked select the folder where your
    Ubuntu build is copied to. You only have to do this once, it will remember the settings until you uninstall the program.

Enjoy
    biggrin.gif

Mark.
    hate to seem stupid but im new to all this how long should the cab take to install mines been going for a good five minutes
    There are no stupid questions only stupid answers :)

The cab should only take a few seconds to install and then go through a series of questions to set it all up. If thats not happened then try rebooting your phone, run the cab straight away and make sure you install to device memory.

Mark.
    I read the same thing, but I am not sure what substance there is to it.

Needless to say both bootloader programs prompt you to choose at the start after powering on the device so I would tend to beleive you need to.

Simple answer to this dilema though is to run the shortcut as soon as Windows loads, infact I've read some people turn off HTC Sense so it loads up quicker when starting and then select to load Android... not tried myself, but sounds like a reasonable idea!
    No need to turn off HTC Sense it doesnt affect the running of Android in any way :)

Mark.