[App] AntTek App Manager ☆ root v0.95

leducbao

Feb 15, 2010
Paris
www.baole.org
App Manager {root} is a powerful utility to manage Android apps, data, and caches. This app is designed specially for rooted devices. It offers several advanced features such as freeze, back up an app, manage application caches. Following is a complete feature list.

Features
  • One-click to clear system caches, internal caches and sdcard caches
  • Back up/restore a system or regular apps
  • Freeze/defrost a system or regular apps
  • Clear cache/data for system or regular apps
  • Delete/uninstall a system or regular apps
  • Different choices on app filters (system app, third-party apps, running apps, custom text-based filter…), and sort (by app’s size, name)
  • Widget to clear cache

We are working in order to add more features, check it out in next releases.

Requirements

Android version 2.1-3.0+
Rooted and NAND unlocked device.

Download

Market: AntTek App Manager ☆ root

Incoming features:

• More choices on clear caches (pre-configured apps, caches)
  • Schedule backup
  • Back up both app (.apk file) and data (preferences, data)
  • Clear data (history, logs…)

Screen shot

FAQ

1. What is freezing an app?
    Freezing an app is a process that put an app hidden state in Android OS. All data is reserved. Therefore, a frozen app does not use any run-time resource (such as CPU or memory) and consume zero-battery. This option should be chosen if you would keep an app, but do not use it or try to test an alternative app. A frozen app can be defrosted later
  2. What is defrosting an app?
    This is a revert process of freezing that brings a frozen app back to Android OS. Some apps need reboot your device in order to effectively defrost.
  3. What is backing up/restoring an app?
    Backing up an app saves a current version of that app source (i.e. .apk file). Currently, backing up data will be supported soon. Restoring an app will overwrite the current app’s version by the backed up version. This option should be chosen if you want to test a new version of an app.
  4. Which caches will be cleared?
    This app attempts (I said attempt) to remove different caches on your devices. Currently, App Manager {root} supports three options: clear system caches, clear caches on internal storage and clear caches on SD card. There options can be enabled/disabled from setting button on Overview tab.

For further question, please leave a comment or contact our support team support @anttek.com

Last edited:

TomXP411

Apr 3, 2006
I'm down with this; I've been looking for something to freeze apps for a whle.

A question: is there a difference between the free and paid versions in the market? Ads, or just the satisfaction of contributing to the cause?

But I'm not sure how "angry bird, robo defense, sims" relate to this app... is this to make this app show up when someone searches for Angry Birds?

Last edited:

ManCityFC

Oct 3, 2010
In theory this sounds a great idea. Will download and give it a try. Very good idea. Works great. Like the freezing thing. Useful on N1 with C7 as RAM is at a premium now.

Last edited:

plainjane

Jan 14, 2011
Charlotte, NC
This app totally messed up my phone a while back. I downloaded it & opened the app (granted su) but didn't do anything with the app. All of a sudden, every system app started force closing. I couldn't open the market or settings to uninstall because they would force close before they even opened. It took me a couple of minutes to get through the force close popups, then I finally opened Titanium backup & uninstalled the app, then restarted my phone. After restarting the phone, the apk for this app was in /system/app. I deleted it with root explorer. I then just decided to wipe & restore from a recent backup. I really thought this app was a scam until I saw this post.

Has anyone else had any issues with this app?

kbkrogs

Feb 11, 2010
Nice App. I wonder if it is possible to implement a feature.
The android OS is dynamically allocating ram to apps and then let them "run" as a background process, making them launch faster. When you open an App that use a hell lot of ram (like the browser), it seems like android kills these background processes on a random basis to free up ram to the foreground application (i.e the browser).
Will it be possible to make some kind of priority list, so the user can define what processes should be killed first?
Example: Handcent SMS is kind of slow to start up on my SGS (dohh) unless it is already loaded into the Ram. Since I use Handcent SMS a lot, I would like it to stay in the Ram for a faster launch, unless I launch a program/game that needs the entire amount of ram on my device.

Thanks

d-lab

Dec 8, 2010
Italy
dlab.deviantart.com
NIce, congrats.
Some info about.
Can I use it to remove system app too??
I have a rooted Desire, work fine on it??
And, about Nand (Im a newbie), how can know if I have an unlocked nand?
Thx

PS. I have bought a used rooted phone.

OlafTheOx

Mar 10, 2011
@ kbkrogs AutoKiller Memory Optimiser does exactly what you asked for. It classifies apps to rate their priority for clearing from RAM. You can assign a "lower oom value" to individual apps to give them a higher priority for keeping loaded. The developer has a good explanation on his page how this works.

Reactions: kbkrogs

Cobjones

Mar 13, 2011
If you uninstall and reinstall you will lose the ability to find and restore frozen apps. You would think an app manager would have backup settings.

TheGratefulDead

Mar 9, 2011
Whitehall NY
If you uninstall and reinstall you will lose the ability to find and restore frozen apps. You would think an app manager would have backup settings.
Incoming features:

More choices on clear caches (pre-configured apps, caches)
Schedule backup
Back up both app (.apk file) and data (preferences, data)
Clear data (history, logs…)

im pretty sure with the future update of backup of app and data it would back up itself right?****

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Question: Do app backups re-establish Market links when they are restored? IMO this is one of Ti-Backup's strongest features

AlbertoBN

Aug 27, 2012
APP freezes when opened... in Android 4.0.4

Well i showed promise and the the app froze every time I opened it... The freezer froze...

SGS2 Stock Android 4.0.4