• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[APP] AnyTAG NFC Launcher

jjohns63

Aug 2, 2010
Austin
Yeah, I actually include tectile intent-filter into AnyTAG. it seems like doesn't help too. give me some time to figure out.

This is what i include into AnyTAG manifest:

I appreciate the help. Sadly, I'm working on some other Android projects at the moment and haven't had time to explore much having to do with NFC. Eventually I'll get around to writing my own code to try and figure it out. Interestingly, my idea of using some ID value to identify actions seems to be the exact method that AnyTAG is using.

magicdroid

Oct 20, 2009
Ghent
marcvg.blogspot.com
Running apps are not displayed/launched.

Not sure if already reported, but it fails to launch some apps using the Intents -> Launch App/Launch Activity action: when the app is already in memory (available from the recent used apps screen), a countdown dialog is shown with the title of the app/activity. If the app is removed from the currently running screen (from memory), then the app launched correctly on the foreground (=displayed after launch).

Are you using "intent.setFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_REORDER_TO_FRONT);" to launch the intent?

I'm using a GN with the latest stock JB (rooted).

Last edited:

wedjohn57

Jun 17, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
www.xtrasec.com
I appreciate the help. Sadly, I'm working on some other Android projects at the moment and haven't had time to explore much having to do with NFC. Eventually I'll get around to writing my own code to try and figure it out. Interestingly, my idea of using some ID value to identify actions seems to be the exact method that AnyTAG is using.
:good::good::good:

Not sure if already reported, but it fails to launch some apps using the Intents -> Launch App/Launch Activity action: when the app is already in memory (available from the recent used apps screen), a countdown dialog is shown with the title of the app/activity. If the app is removed from the currently running screen (from memory), then the app launched correctly on the foreground (=displayed after launch).

Are you using "intent.setFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_REORDER_TO_FRONT);" to launch the intent?

I'm using a GN with the latest stock JB (rooted).

Noted this issue, thanks for report.

V1.2.5 is now ready in play store.
[changelog]
Added new 5 new languages, credit to:
★ Spanish - Cristobal Martinez, Xavier Fernandez
★ Polish - Rafał Witkowski
★ Dutch - Sybren Gjaltema
★ German - Harald Goriupp
★ Norwegian - Nikolai Grønland

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

iBuzman

Mar 7, 2011
Melbourne
Works really well with Myki public transport cards in Melbourne Australia. (in both Dragon rom v3.0 & Jellyking aokp)

Thanks!! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

thonzak

Nov 10, 2010
Prague
www.touchatag.com tags are not picked up by AnyTAG

Hello,

thanks for the great app!

I have the following issue: A friend brought me a couple of old tags from www.touchatag.com and they come with a stored bookmark. As they are read only, I can't rewrite / erase them, so I was hoping AnyTAG would be of use in the same way as it works with my public transport card etc.

AnyTAG NFC Launcher does detect them and allow me to create actions and stuff, however later when i touch those tags, AnyTAG is not launched and standard system NFC request to open the bookmark appears.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3.

I'd be happy to assist with any further diagnosis / testing required.

Regards
Tomas

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

drdoombot

Nov 19, 2011
Coming from NFC ReTag Pro; really enjoying the GUI of this app better.

However, I have the same problem with AnyTag that I had with NFC ReTag: when I touch a blank NFC tag with my Note II, I get a dialog asking me to "Choose an Action: AnyTag NFC Launcher or New Tag Collected."

Is there any way to default to AnyTag? I hate to have to touch an NFC tag and THEN tap the option I want.

(NFC ReTag actually has an option to write some small amount of data to the tag to get the phone to default to it, but for some reason, it is not correctly running my predefined Tasker task. AnyTag runs the task correctly, but isn't the default app for NFC. Argh!).

traybourne

Aug 25, 2011
Coming from NFC ReTag Pro; really enjoying the GUI of this app better.

However, I have the same problem with AnyTag that I had with NFC ReTag: when I touch a blank NFC tag with my Note II, I get a dialog asking me to "Choose an Action: AnyTag NFC Launcher or New Tag Collected."

Is there any way to default to AnyTag? I hate to have to touch an NFC tag and THEN tap the option I want.

(NFC ReTag actually has an option to write some small amount of data to the tag to get the phone to default to it, but for some reason, it is not correctly running my predefined Tasker task. AnyTag runs the task correctly, but isn't the default app for NFC. Argh!).
I'm wondering this as well. It would be perfect if scanning the tag would just run the task without the popup dialog.

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Oyster Card

Thanks for this app. It works with my Oyster Card (London, UK transport card) and connects to WiFi Zone at Tube stations on the Underground to access the Virgin Media portal which includes the latest travel information. Neat!
I have to take out and touch my Oyster card on a yellow card reader at the start of a journey so it is easy to also touch my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GTN-7100. Minor inconvenience is I have to turn on and unlock the phone first.
Tip1: close the AnyTAG NFC Launcher app before testing out an NFC card.
Tip2: remove other NFC apps (e.g. ReTag) so reader defaults to AnyTAG NFC Launcher app
Cheers
Tom

My Note 2 to you

Last edited:

ScottXe

Feb 15, 2006
Connect to specific BT device

I have installed the app and tried a couple of simple task and it works. I notice there is a task to connect the wifi to a specific wifi network. I would like to make it a realistic automation in my life. How can I automate the connection to my Logitech BT Boombox speaker when I tag on my NFC tag? Your advice is appreciate. Thanks!

crazy-rat

Jan 12, 2008
Ruhr Region
www.mein-horneburg.de
How to deinstall the app?

Hello,

I have a rooted Galaxy Note 2 and would like to test many NFC apps to find the correct one. Also I found this one, but I'm not really, that all off this app could be possible. How can I uninstall this app. Maybe I would reinstall it.

I have deactivated the app, but now I'm very unstabble, witch app I really want to use.

What have I to do, to unstall this app and the files in that?

MfG Nils

carapauzinho

Aug 19, 2010
Aveiro
A must have

Hi guys!

This is an awesome app and works like a charm in Galaxy S III!
I was just wondering, is it possible to use it to send an email or send a predefined msg using hangout (similar to send sms feature)?

I think this is still not available, but is it hard to implement?

Cheers!

jugg1es

May 29, 2012
How do I get a modified NFC service? Must I flash custom ROM, or can I keep the stock ROM and replace only the default NFC service?

Btw, I am on a Galaxy i9500
Try looking in the 'xposed framework' mods

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart."
- E E Cummings (1894-1962)

Batman81

Jan 7, 2009
Can some one clarify, default app

Hello, I'm having a little trouble...How do I disable the built in app when scanning an NFC tag? I always have this pop up when it scans a tag, and I cant find the built in app. (Currently running PAC ROM)

1. I installed AnyTag and the full proximity module for xposed framework. It seems to detect when I place on an NFC Tag, and also when I remove it.
2. I disabled the pop up setting in AnyTag
3. When my phone is locked I hear the sound that it successfully read the tag, but I have to turn my screen on and click the AnyTag app to actually launch the task.

Is there a way to force it to just use AnyTag? I haven't seen a clear answer for this... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks