[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S10, NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

nastiv

Nov 14, 2009
Can you add an option to force english language? Partial polish translation turned on itself again after the latest update (2.11).

Last edited:

barty22

Jan 4, 2008
And maybe possiblity for unlimited display duration instead of 5h max?

Edit: and an extended option for the "Auto color"; EXCEPT app x use color x

Last edited:

Edriv

Aug 28, 2019
I just downloaded the app to use on note 10+ snapdragon but apparently when screen is off the little circle shows below the camera hole? I've tried all I can.

m8980

Mar 4, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
hello,

if my s10+ is charging the notification doesn't work for me. in this case I only see the dark aod which I set up.

don't know if my settings are correct. so I attached some pictures to show my aodnotify settings.

i hope someone can help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190829-030909_aodNotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20190829-030909_aodNotify.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_20190829-030858_aodNotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20190829-030858_aodNotify.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot_20190829-030806_aodNotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20190829-030806_aodNotify.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_20190829-030708_aodNotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20190829-030708_aodNotify.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_20190829-030639_aodNotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20190829-030639_aodNotify.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20190829-030535_aodNotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20190829-030535_aodNotify.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 152

sg77

Oct 2, 2010
A feature request: add an option to activate the AOD only when connected to power and NOT charging; i.e., I want the AOD to turn on to notify me that charging has finished (Samsung already shows a built-in notification when charging finishes, but that goes away after a short time; I want AOD to stay on)

(To clarify, I also want AOD to activate when I get other notifications, regardless of whether it's connected to power or charging; the new thing I want is for "finished charging" to also be treated like a notification.)

Some questions:

Could you explain why "AOD Manager" needs to be installed from "Unknown Sources" instead of being built in to the aodNotify app?

Can I view the source code to AOD Manager, to check that it's not doing anything malicious?

The Automate app with its "AOD Manager v2" or "AOD Manager Ext" flows sounds like it accomplishes a similar thing as aodNotify? What are the differences between using Automate and aodNotify? (Does one use more battery than the other? And I guess aodNotify gives an easier interface.)

The Timeout option in aodNotify ("Disable the AOD automatically after this time") gave some kind of warning about battery usage not being restricted; does enabling this option make it use more battery?

Last edited:
Reactions: Keule-Tm

Cryte-k

Oct 24, 2017
A feature request: add an option to activate the AOD only when connected to power and NOT charging; i.e., I want the AOD to turn on to notify me that charging has finished (Samsung already shows a built-in notification when charging finishes, but that goes away after a short time; I want AOD to stay on)

This option is interesting, only show the screen when it is 100% charged so avoid burn on the screen.

nico39

Nov 3, 2012
Hi great app Thanks

Its work fine but the Light desapears after 15 seconds and reapear later. Why ?
It is possible to turn on the Light until i clear the notification ?

And ive à request : it is possible to use screen edges (for 2sec) AND after camera edges ?

mackalilar

Dec 29, 2016
Hi great app Thanks

Its work fine but the Light desapears after 15 seconds and reapear later. Why ?
It is possible to turn on the Light until i clear the notification ?

And ive à request : it is possible to use screen edges (for 2sec) AND after camera edges ?
Do you want to burn your screen..

nico39

Nov 3, 2012
thanks for your answer
I understand so this security. Do you know how many time the light disapears ? There is something to choose the time?

nico39

Nov 3, 2012
Thanks

And to finish, i can't find where choose app color (i bought premium app).

In "Edge setting", i'd activated "Auto color" but where choose colors by app ?

numerci

May 26, 2013
There seem to be a bug in the application related to the wireless charging. There are cases when the AOD is not switched on although set to be. Here is the particular case:
1. AOD is set to be on while charging.
2. Put the phone on the wireless charging pad.
Result1: the AOD is switched on as expected.
3. While on the charging pad restart the phone.
4. Wait for the phone to restart and unlock it.
5. Wait till the screen goes off or press the Power button.
Result2: The AOD doesn't switch on as expected although the phone is charging.
There are two ways to activate the AOD now:
a) Disable/Enable the activate while charging option.
b) Lift the phone from the wireless charging pad and put it back. Then the AOD is displayed again while charging.
All the above appear on an S10 973F.

Probably the application doesn't check if the phone is already charging when the app starts.

barty22

Jan 4, 2008
I actually like the new "fingerprint sensor" notification option, it actually makes more sense than the camera cutout. Place your finger in the notification ring and see your notification :)

Can i ask for a preview of the actual effect at the fingerprint sensor location, when changing the effects and settings? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here. S10+.
    @Jawomo , after the latest update I lost pro version and features - I'm beta user

Hello,
    Same problem here on S20 after the latest update :(

Same here on Note10+. Lost all pro features
    I have just bought Jawomo another coffee :coffee: The first cup of coffee must be empty now ;)
    All Pro feature are available again. It seemed that they have been sticked as long as you do not change anything.
    I have just bought Jawomo another coffee :coffee: The first cup of coffee must be empty now ;)
    All Pro feature are available again. It seemed that they have been sticked as long as you do not change anything.
    I bought a coffee for $2.99 in june 2020, so yes I guess I can buy another one almost one year later :p

But a little message from the developer to explain that the pro features were going to be removed would have been appreciated. Or maybe this is just a bug with the new update.

Oh, and now the coffee is $4.99 ^^
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy S10? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy S10! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy S10!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S20, S10, Note 10 and others!
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Other apps use up to 5-10% per hour!

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    Uploaded aodNotify 2.50

Hide the AOD
    You can FINALLY hide the AOD if you only like to see the lighting effect! Please see details on setup in the app. Enjoy!

Lighting effect:
    • Hide the AOD
    • Eco animation fixes
    • Fixes and optimizations

General:
    • Updated translations

More features to come soon..
    Next update will have an exciting new option to hide the AOD, so only the lighting effect will be visible :)

Stay tuned, coming soon...
    Uploaded aodNotify 2.52

Contact colors
    Colorize lighting effect depending on content of the notification!

LED dot effect
    You can now simulate an LED by showing an LED dot effect in the statusbar!

Hide the Always on Display
    You can now hide the AOD and only show the lighting effect! Activate in settings > AOD operation mode > Show never

Lighting effect:
    • Different styles for screen on/off
    • LED dot effect
    • Hide the AOD / Show never
    • Eco animation fixes

General:
    • Fixed DnD & Night time bugs
    • UI reorganized
    • Updated translations
    FYI, support will be off for some days now, but will be back soon!

Taking some time to recover and think about new projects.
    Please keep posting your questions and suggestions for new features! Excited about your ideas :)

Regards
    Jawomo
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone