[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S10, NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

vic7212

Nov 26, 2015
Hi, guys. Sorry for my poore english.
A couple of days ago I bought on Play Market this great app. Everything works fine but I have a little problem with it - I'll try to explain.
My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
I use AOD always on and choose a standart preinstalled analog round watch face.
In settings of aodNotify I choose AOD always on, style - around camera light, show only applications notifications icons during 10 seconds.
When I get a notification - no matter which - a circle with numbers of watch face is disappearing.
I'll attach 2 pictures - first of normal AOD, and second what actually happens when notification arrives. As we can see circle around watch face disappeared. After 10 seconds watch face circle comes back.
Trying to show only glowing circle around the camera and disabling notifications icons doesn't help - circle of watch face is still disappearing.
I tried all kinds of setting - nothing helps. I'm kindly asking for your assistance resolving this problem, because it's look terrible.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Thank you in advance and hope you will help me.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:

tonymhu

Nov 5, 2020
Attention to double tap on screen - switch off/on

Hi,
First of all, thank you for this great app. (I use it with an OnePlus NORD).

I'm thinking of buying the pro version of the app and I have two questions, suggestion:
Can you prevent the app from attention to you when you tap the screen? You can set double-tap on your OnePlus phone, I don't need this attention... Could this warning message be turned off/on within the app?

There may be a bug I found. In case the alarm rings and aodNotify also work because there is a notification then I can't mute the alarm clock with the volume button. The display must be unlocked and can only be muted.

Thanks in advance.

Abettor

Nov 21, 2011
Great app worth of Coffe cupfor developer :)

Hi, bought it couple of days ago and happy to use it on my Note 10 lite. It drains batt a bit more than i've expected, but it is fine for me. Was missing my Note's 9 AOD notification as well as led, so this app gives more or less same experience. The only thing i wish to improve is multicolour options for edge notifications like on Note 9.

gelfling83

Aug 23, 2010
Hey all...I'm hoping someone can help me with my settings. I'm using AOD pro on a Galaxy S20+. My goals is to see the light notification, around the camera, ONLY when the lock screen is on. And I want the notification to stop as soon as I open the phone (or clear the notification). I've toggled through a few different options and nothing seems to activate the blinking notification while the lock screen is on. Thanks!!

cjxsutton

Nov 3, 2011
Panama City Beach, FL
When I select "follow DND" in the app, I have no AOD at all during DND.

I still want to see my clock, I just don't want the edge lighting for notifications during that time.

Can you please add some more settings to accomplish this?

Reactions: bnacl

FrA1l3

May 25, 2009
AsociacionSantaBarbara.com
Hello,

With the latest Android update the app stopped working for me. I have rebooted the phone and then uninstalled and reinstalled (and configured) the app and it doesn't work.

Until now it had always worked perfectly. Please Could you check it? thanks in advance!

Galaxy S10 + and Android 10 with OneUI 2.5

Last edited:

nybreath

Jun 9, 2011
The app stopped working totally after the new update, it worked fine before upgrading.

It never shows the notification effect anymore, not even when testing it with the app opened, or when switching effect in the settings.

I have done the usual steps, reboot, uninstall, sett all the permissions, etc.

S10 exynos, aodnotify pro version.

Ikkuh84

Nov 7, 2010
Den Bosch
@Jawomo Since last 2 updates, the app won't show anymore notifications. The test notification works, but rest (WhatsApp, etc) don't show anything. Please fix it

bissa

Mar 28, 2013
I am facing a problem after upgrading to Android 11 OneUI 3.0 on my S20+ G9860
The AOD won't display anything like it was working before.
It is like I receive the notification and AOD is disabled but it is not.
Also notification preview not working any more.
I tried all the possible settings, nothing worked. Uninstalled, resetting everything, trying different settings but for some reason AOD will always stay off, I have to to "tab" to check the notifications.
I have been using AodNotify for 1 year since S10 no I know how it works. Also I am using the pro version but now it doesn't work like it was before. Is that a problem from my side only?

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
I am facing a problem after upgrading to Android 11 OneUI 3.0 on my S20+ G9860
The AOD won't display anything like it was working before.
It is like I receive the notification and AOD is disabled but it is not.
Also notification preview not working any more.
I tried all the possible settings, nothing worked. Uninstalled, resetting everything, trying different settings but for some reason AOD will always stay off, I have to to "tab" to check the notifications.
I have been using AodNotify for 1 year since S10 no I know how it works. Also I am using the pro version but now it doesn't work like it was before. Is that a problem from my side only?
On my S10 (SM-G973F) with Android 11 and OneUI 3.0 it is working fine like before. Might be something device specific 🤷‍♂️

bissa

Mar 28, 2013
I guess I found the reason for my problem
*Ignore notifications
- Phone unlocked. (This settings was always enabled) before upgrading to OneUI3
I just disabled it now and the notification is working.
I was referring the AOD notification not working in Locked mode. So I never tried to change the previous working setting but now I can confirm that disabling that setting fixed my issue.

update: still not working like it should, something is bugged.
The AOD preview test will work fine.
Anything else will not show AOD notification.
If I leave the AOD preview test without dismiss the notification, it will show the other notifications fine on AOD.

update #2
after more testing, if I keep the app aodnotify open, everything will work fine.
Once I go back to home screen or switch to different app, no more aodnotify will show up, like the app doesn't exist.
The app is already excluding from battery optimization. Also there is no option to lock the app.
- This all mess start once I upgraded to onui 3.0.

update #3
The fix is in the phone restart.
Each time the app updates, you have to open it, change any settings in the always on display and restart phone.
It will work fine till next time the app updates. redo the same again.

Last edited:

alexandre.br

May 21, 2013
I guess I found the reason for my problem
*Ignore notifications
- Phone unlocked. (This settings was always enabled) before upgrading to OneUI3
I just disabled it now and the notification is working.
I was referring the AOD notification not working in Locked mode. So I never tried to change the previous working setting but now I can confirm that disabling that setting fixed my issue.

update: still not working like it should, something is bugged.
The AOD preview test will work fine.
Anything else will not show AOD notification.
If I leave the AOD preview test without dismiss the notification, it will show the other notifications fine on AOD.

update #2
after more testing, if I keep the app aodnotify open, everything will work fine.
Once I go back to home screen or switch to different app, no more aodnotify will show up, like the app doesn't exist.
The app is already excluding from battery optimization. Also there is no option to lock the app.
- This all mess start once I upgraded to onui 3.0.

AODnotify currently has an option to set the time during which Always On will work and show the notification when the phone is blocked. That's the actual cause of the "issue".

The standard time is 5 minutes. After that, the screen goes off and the AOD will be shown for another 5 minutes if you receive another notification.

Last edited:

tvBilly

Dec 22, 2009
The modified GoodLock Clockface application in the [MOD][AOD]clockface notification only thread may be unnecessary once your phone is updated to Android 11 UI3. With the new ClockFace one can create a totally invisible analog clock which gives you an AOD screen that only shows you notification icons and nothing else. No notifications, you get a totally blank AOD screen. (The screen still shows a battery level indicator when you're charging your phone, as always).

I just got a Galaxy S21+ and my S10 hasn't been updated to Android 11 UI3 yet, so I don't know if S10 Android 11 updated phones get the new GoodLock ClockFace plug-in, but if they do, making an invisible analog clock should do the trick without having to use scrpn30's mod to Ggggeorge's original hack.

:)

Krunk83

Jul 31, 2012
This isn't working for me. No notification ring around the front facing camera not sure why it won't work. I've rebooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Jawomo, I just purchased the pro version from the Play Store. However, a few hours later I received a warning message from my bank app saying that I must disable aodNotify's Accessibility service to ensure safe banking transaction. Can you clarify the risk of using aodNotify? I do not want to loose all money in my bank account though aodNotify is a superb app. My device: Samsung galaxy M34 5G, android 13.
    I think it's secure policy of your bank applications same to me. Just disable accessibility on running bank app and enable it again after.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy S10? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy S10! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy S10!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S20, S10, Note 10 and others!
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Other apps use up to 5-10% per hour!

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    Uploaded aodNotify 2.50

Hide the AOD
    You can FINALLY hide the AOD if you only like to see the lighting effect! Please see details on setup in the app. Enjoy!

Lighting effect:
    • Hide the AOD
    • Eco animation fixes
    • Fixes and optimizations

General:
    • Updated translations

More features to come soon..
    Next update will have an exciting new option to hide the AOD, so only the lighting effect will be visible :)

Stay tuned, coming soon...
    Uploaded aodNotify 2.52

Contact colors
    Colorize lighting effect depending on content of the notification!

LED dot effect
    You can now simulate an LED by showing an LED dot effect in the statusbar!

Hide the Always on Display
    You can now hide the AOD and only show the lighting effect! Activate in settings > AOD operation mode > Show never

Lighting effect:
    • Different styles for screen on/off
    • LED dot effect
    • Hide the AOD / Show never
    • Eco animation fixes

General:
    • Fixed DnD & Night time bugs
    • UI reorganized
    • Updated translations
    FYI, support will be off for some days now, but will be back soon!

Taking some time to recover and think about new projects.
    Please keep posting your questions and suggestions for new features! Excited about your ideas :)

Regards
    Jawomo