[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S20, NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

overblood

Jul 18, 2012
I have tried many different settings but I can't figure this out.

I enabled LED light around the camera.

I enabled "Show message preview" for 10 seconds.

I enabled "Tap to Show" in Aodnotify settings.

When I get a notification, the message preview appears for 10 seconds, but instead of turning off the screen, the AOD activates and never turns off. I would like the notification preview to turn off and then screen goes black, except for the LED around the camera.

This is what I am trying to do:

1. I get a notification
2. LED light turns on (I set for 15 minutes) & Message Preview Shows for 10 seconds
3 After 10 seconds, message preview turns off, AOD turns off, but the LED continues flashing. Tap to show is still available.

Is this possible?

2Faat

Oct 12, 2016
Just gave in and set this app up on my s20 plus after using it on my s10, I'm just wondering if there's a way to get rid of the weird unlock 'transition' or if it's just me that's seeing that.

Any1 know what I'm talking about? Might be hard to show to you guys.

mic141414

Aug 1, 2013
primecashapp.com
Would like to achieve same thing please

I have tried many different settings but I can't figure this out.

I enabled LED light around the camera.

I enabled "Show message preview" for 10 seconds.

I enabled "Tap to Show" in Aodnotify settings.

When I get a notification, the message preview appears for 10 seconds, but instead of turning off the screen, the AOD activates and never turns off. I would like the notification preview to turn off and then screen goes black, except for the LED around the camera.

This is what I am trying to do:

1. I get a notification
2. LED light turns on (I set for 15 minutes) & Message Preview Shows for 10 seconds
3 After 10 seconds, message preview turns off, AOD turns off, but the LED continues flashing. Tap to show is still available.

Is this possible?

Aug 20, 2009
Thats not possible in combination with tap to wake.

You would have to select the hode aod option, but then tap to wake will be disabled.

I just wanted to say i love the app Jawomo. Thank you.

I just noticed also that you fixed the color>>>>auto color not being applied to apps in the beta for OneUI 3.0. Thank you for that also :)

Last edited:

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
ECO animations can help to reduce battery usage. New beta also has a "Stamina Mode" which reduces battery usage even more

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
• LED - 3.0%
• LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
• LED & ECO - 1.5%
• LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
• NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
• ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

This means the LED waste 6 times more than the notification preview or the always on display?? I am using the camera hole LED for some apps like Whatsapp and Instagram, with 12h lasting time (the LED seldom blinks more than a few minutes, because I am always checking the notifications), and no not preview nor always on display. I am getting high battery consumption. What else could I change? I dont want to use stamina mode or reduce the time the LED blinks, because this ruins the purpose of the app. Also, as I said, I don't let the led blink for much time, since I often check the notifications.

Would letting just the notification preview or aod instead of led be better? What are the settings that people are saying that makes it spend only 0.5% battery a day???

NIKOSXRI

Jan 27, 2009
Athens
@Jawomo
Very good.
A bug:If Aod is set to tap to show then message detailed come to screen then if I open the phone screen and then come to Aod again, the tap to show doesn't work.Screen remains black when I tap to show. I must clear the notification for tap to show work again.

Last edited:

asifanwaruk

Feb 22, 2012
Hi everyone. Huge thanks to the developer for this very professional app, and I have bought you a coffee! But there is one reason I no longer use it and if anyone can help, it would be great (maybe I am setting it up wrong?)

I have my (native Samsung) AOD set for 24/7, and specifically I use it at night on a charging dock as my bedtime clock.

With this app, it gives a fantastic notification during the daylight hours, but it also ruins my nighttime clock. If, eg, an email comes in overnight then that means that my bedtime clock no longer shows, but is now replaced with the notification from this app. While that is fine during the day, I find it an issue at nighttime, as I want to just look at my phone and go back to sleep, without having to interact with it.

SO....

Is there some way I can have my cake and eat it?! Ideally I would want this app to work as it does during the day, but somehow have it turn OFF at night such that the NATIVE AOD now functions like normal and I see the clock (with small icons underneath as usual). Just to be clear, I dont want to turn off AOD entirely at night, just this overlay.

Perhaps it could take its timings from the Do_Not_Disturb setting? If DnD is turned on, then this app steps back and allows normal AOD to function? (my DnD is set from 2300-0900)

Is there some way I can get the above? THIS app during daylight hours and native AOD Samsung clock at night time?

I hope this is possible, but if it isnt, then I am still happy to have bought it and supported its development!

I would appreciate any help. Cheers everyone.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Hi everyone. Huge thanks to the developer for this very professional app, and I have bought you a coffee! But there is one reason I no longer use it and if anyone can help, it would be great (maybe I am setting it up wrong?)

I have my (native Samsung) AOD set for 24/7, and specifically I use it at night on a charging dock as my bedtime clock.

With this app, it gives a fantastic notification during the daylight hours, but it also ruins my nighttime clock. If, eg, an email comes in overnight then that means that my bedtime clock no longer shows, but is now replaced with the notification from this app. While that is fine during the day, I find it an issue at nighttime, as I want to just look at my phone and go back to sleep, without having to interact with it.

SO....

Is there some way I can have my cake and eat it?! Ideally I would want this app to work as it does during the day, but somehow have it turn OFF at night such that the NATIVE AOD now functions like normal and I see the clock (with small icons underneath as usual). Just to be clear, I dont want to turn off AOD entirely at night, just this overlay.

Perhaps it could take its timings from the Do_Not_Disturb setting? If DnD is turned on, then this app steps back and allows normal AOD to function? (my DnD is set from 2300-0900)

Is there some way I can get the above? THIS app during daylight hours and native AOD Samsung clock at night time?

I hope this is possible, but if it isnt, then I am still happy to have bought it and supported its development!

I would appreciate any help. Cheers everyone.
Just activate while charging or fully charged events in the app and disable the light for the events if you like

anachron13

Aug 9, 2010
Marseille
Just activate while charging or fully charged events in the app and disable the light for the events if you like
I would also be interested in this. I use a Bixby routine to switch the AOD from off to always while charging to use the phone as a bedtime clock, but i can't find how to disable the light on event in your app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy S20? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy S20! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy S20!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S20, S10, Note 10 and others!
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Other apps use up to 5-10% per hour!

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    aodNotify 3.10 public release is rolling out now!!

Thanks for testing and your support!

Added Stamina Mode for notification light with up to 50% less power consumption!

Notification preview can now show the remaining charge time!

• Added stamina mode • Preview shows charge time
    • WhatsApp notification fixes
    • Added contact color reordering
    • Optimizations for S20
    • Added power saving categories
    • FAQ content updated
    • App icon updated
    • Updated translations
    • Fixes and optimizations
    Will change the ui in next release.to prevent confusion
    1mtuj24.png
    7m7zk0k.png
    Uploaded aodNotify 3.08 beta #8

Added Tap to show mode as experimental feature.

• Tap to show mode (experimental)
    • WhatsApp notification fixes
    • Added contact color reordering
    • Optimizations for Galaxy S20
    • S20 fingerprint position fix
    • UI optimizations
    • Updated translations
    • Fixes and optimizations

To download latest beta release please open the app page in playstore and scroll down to join.