[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S20, NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

Enisine

Oct 22, 2012
Hi

From yesterday I have this issue.
Please check attached screenshot.

Does anyone have this issue?

Br
Screenshot_20210329-162833_Call.jpg

relax24

Mar 18, 2010
I've currently got it set as below:

AOD not visible - Nothing is shown on my AOD except led notification (fingerprint is also hidden)
AOD Brightness max (otherwise the led notification is too dim)
Notification light - 8hrs
Notification preview - off
Effect - Blink Eco
Show - 10x
Pause - 5 seconds

I still notice a fairly high usage for battery even though I've pretty much limited the settings. Is there anything better I can do without crippling the app too much? Does the Led dot use less battery than the camera ring style?

nmt1900

Apr 17, 2012
Strike that - it had nothing to do with app. It looks like OneUI redesign has changed the look of Always-On Display itself in a way that it reminds the preview screen of aodNotify...

Last few versions have started quite unwanted behaviour, that I could not find a way to stop - clearing app data and setting everything up again does not help and reinstallation does not either.

I use aodNotify with very simple settings - no notification preview screen, just turn on AOD as-is when notifications arrive and mark everything cleared when phone is unlocked.

Now to the problem - no matter how settings are set I always get a notification preview screen which stays on instead of plain AOD view. Other thing is that aodNotify does not clear these active previews even when phone is already unlocked and screen goes to sleep again...

Last edited:

wgraz

Sep 22, 2012
New Jersey
I've currently got it set as below:

AOD not visible - Nothing is shown on my AOD except led notification (fingerprint is also hidden)
AOD Brightness max (otherwise the led notification is too dim)
Notification light - 8hrs
Notification preview - off
Effect - Blink Eco
Show - 10x
Pause - 5 seconds

I still notice a fairly high usage for battery even though I've pretty much limited the settings. Is there anything better I can do without crippling the app too much? Does the Led dot use less battery than the camera ring style?
I'm loving this app. Still trying to out. Where can I find the AOD Brightness setting? Been using the white color for now to test, but when I use different colors for different apps, some will probably need to be brightened. Thx.

NEVERMIND... I found it. It's a system setting under AOD. Thanks anyways.

Maybe maxing the AOD brightness and an 8 hr LED blink is worsening your battery issues? Or are you referring to the AOD on for 8 hrs?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy S20? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy S20! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy S20!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S20, S10, Note 10 and others!
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Other apps use up to 5-10% per hour!

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    aodNotify 3.10 public release is rolling out now!!

Thanks for testing and your support!

Added Stamina Mode for notification light with up to 50% less power consumption!

Notification preview can now show the remaining charge time!

• Added stamina mode • Preview shows charge time
    • WhatsApp notification fixes
    • Added contact color reordering
    • Optimizations for S20
    • Added power saving categories
    • FAQ content updated
    • App icon updated
    • Updated translations
    • Fixes and optimizations
    Will change the ui in next release.to prevent confusion
    Uploaded aodNotify 3.08 beta #8

Added Tap to show mode as experimental feature.

• Tap to show mode (experimental)
    • WhatsApp notification fixes
    • Added contact color reordering
    • Optimizations for Galaxy S20
    • S20 fingerprint position fix
    • UI optimizations
    • Updated translations
    • Fixes and optimizations

To download latest beta release please open the app page in playstore and scroll down to join.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone