[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S20, NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

Xode

Jun 2, 2012
Near Adriatic Sea
@Jawomo
I would like to thank you for the work done. your app is very useful for our galaxies.
I would like to ask you if it was possible to add the activation function of the AOD only during charging in order to always have the time available at night but not if it is disconnected in order to save battery.
many thanks
You can use this option with the Bixby routine and it works great...

S20U-Exynos

LoriOP3

Sep 29, 2014
Milano
You can use this option with the Bixby routine and it works great...

S20U-Exynos
Hi, i have tried it but goes in conflict with aodnotify because if i receive a notification after that the routines doesn't restart and the samsung AOD don't work rest of the time .. so i think is good if this is implemented inside the application.. there just other option for AOD activation (always, on tap...ecc..) i only ask if is possible to add another option "in charge"

Anyway Thank you for suggestion;)

Xode

Jun 2, 2012
Near Adriatic Sea
Hi, i have tried it but goes in conflict with aodnotify because if i receive a notification after that the routines doesn't restart and the samsung AOD don't work rest of the time .. so i think is good if this is implemented inside the application.. there just other option for AOD activation (always, on tap...ecc..) i only ask if is possible to add another option "in charge"

Anyway Thank you for suggestion;)
Hi..don't know how you set it up, but i have no conflict between the AOD and the aod Noti.app.. everything works the way i set it...btw..am on latest beta update...

S20U-Exynos

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
aodNotify 3.10 public release is rolling out now!!

Thanks for testing and your support!

Added Stamina Mode for notification light with up to 50% less power consumption!

Notification preview can now show the remaining charge time!

• Added stamina mode • Preview shows charge time
• WhatsApp notification fixes
• Added contact color reordering
• Optimizations for S20
• Added power saving categories
• FAQ content updated
• App icon updated
• Updated translations
• Fixes and optimizations

wiggleme

Apr 26, 2011
How do you get the notifications to stay on when using the Samsung clear cover case on the s20. After 10 seconds it defaults to showing the time only.

tmord1

May 24, 2013
Love the way the app works. I was wondering if in a future version if we could have more flexibility in choosing colors for notifications, something like what is show in picture. Thank you!

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Love the way the app works. I was wondering if in a future version if we could have more flexibility in choosing colors for notifications, something like what is show in picture. Thank you!
You can already do that just press custom color in color menu

Reactions: tmord1

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
Just installed aodNotify on my new s20+ and gone Pro :good:

Now, I use my phone's AOD display at night as a clock on my wireless charger. I have a Tasker profile which puts the phone into a custom silent mode and switches the screen off quickly when the phone is placed on the charger after a certain time.

I'd like to be able to kill the aodNotify service when wireless charging is enabled, so I don't get a carousel of colours during the night :). Is that practical - that is, will the service remain disabled?

If it's possible, what is the name of the intent to stop, and to start, it?

(the inbuilt do not disturb function does not give me the per-app flexibility I need - I want to receive notifications from one particular app)

Alternatively, would you consider implementing a schedule for the service to be active? (I don't want to disable AOD so the current option doesn't work for me)

Xode

Jun 2, 2012
Near Adriatic Sea
@Jawomo
Hi ... with latest update everything works great, but i'm missing one option that used to work somewhat ... i charge overnight my device wirelessly and i like that my AOD is constantly on while the device is charging, the bixby routine has done well that job so far but now there is a conflict with aodN app using AOD "tap to show" option....So,my question: It is possible to make another option where the AOD is constantly on while the device is charging (plugged on charger) ??

S20U-Exynos

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Just installed aodNotify on my new s20+ and gone Pro :good:

Now, I use my phone's AOD display at night as a clock on my wireless charger. I have a Tasker profile which puts the phone into a custom silent mode and switches the screen off quickly when the phone is placed on the charger after a certain time.

I'd like to be able to kill the aodNotify service when wireless charging is enabled, so I don't get a carousel of colours during the night :). Is that practical - that is, will the service remain disabled?

If it's possible, what is the name of the intent to stop, and to start, it?

(the inbuilt do not disturb function does not give me the per-app flexibility I need - I want to receive notifications from one particular app)

Alternatively, would you consider implementing a schedule for the service to be active? (I don't want to disable AOD so the current option doesn't work for me)

You can disable the notification light for charging event if you like. Disabling the service is not possible currently.

Reactions: paul c

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
  • Aug 12, 2008
    The battery drain is def noticeable. Nearly 6%

If one has to use stamina mode to save battery, then it quite beats the purpose of a notification LEDs. Don't you think?

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014

If one has to use stamina mode to save battery, then it quite beats the purpose of a notification LEDs. Don't you think?

Depends on your setup and notification count.

If the light is displayed it consumes battery, that cant be changed by code. But you can optimize the app settings to your needs.

dscline

Sep 19, 2007
    Atlanta, GA USA

I tend to agree regarding stamina mode... if you want to look at the phone to see if there's a notification, and you happen to look during the 30s that's it's off, that's essentially no notification. But I'm using interval mode (show 1x, pause 3s) in combination with AOD. I allow the notification light to run 15m, and the AOD 2hr. I've not noticed excessive battery usage, and I can always tell at a glance if there's a notification. Personally, if I haven't used the phone in 2hr, I'll probably check it when I return, but you could extend that as needed.

garyHal

Jun 23, 2006
    I have the eclipse notification light on with 3 seconds off.

I noticed a few times where the notification light is flashing, that it causes my phone to lag. This is apparent when I am in the RECENT APPS view and scrolling through my opened programs.

Update- Not consistent so lets just chalk this up as a fluke.

Last edited:

sniper-joe

Sep 28, 2012
    I went from a S9+ to a S20 ultra, and I really miss the notification LED. I love this app so much that I bought the Pro version. Many thanks for developing this.

Now if only I could get the headphone port back...

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
    Mar 5, 2011
    Nowhere
    This app caused my AOD to bug out: whenever I selected show for 10 seconds, it would change itself to showing always or just completely turning AOD off. Is this a known issue or is there a fix for this? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy S20? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy S20! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy S20!

MAIN FEATURES:
      • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S20, S10, Note 10 and others!
      • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
      • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
      • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
      • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
      • Custom app / contact colors
      • ECO animations to save battery
      • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
      • Night times to save battery
      • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
      • LED - 3.0%
      • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
      • LED & ECO - 1.5%
      • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
      • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
      • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Other apps use up to 5-10% per hour!

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
      • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
      • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
      • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
      aodNotify 3.10 public release is rolling out now!!

Thanks for testing and your support!

Added Stamina Mode for notification light with up to 50% less power consumption!

Notification preview can now show the remaining charge time!

• Added stamina mode • Preview shows charge time
      • Optimizations for S20
      • Added power saving categories
      • FAQ content updated
      • App icon updated
      • Updated translations
      Will change the ui in next release.to prevent confusion
      1mtuj24.png
      7m7zk0k.png
      Uploaded aodNotify 3.08 beta #8

Added Tap to show mode as experimental feature.

• Tap to show mode (experimental)
      • Optimizations for Galaxy S20
      • S20 fingerprint position fix
      • UI optimizations
      • Updated translations

To download latest beta release please open the app page in playstore and scroll down to join.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone