[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S21 - NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

NIKOSXRI

Jan 27, 2009
Athens
_
When I use the app my custom clock face clock (Goodlock app) disappears from lock screen.Only when I use the notify app.
Can you reproduce it? @Jawomo

Last edited:

akira888

Dec 14, 2008
Hi folks, love the functionalities of the app. Bought the pro immediately after downloaded!

I am using s21 ultra with the latest March 2022 patch.

But it seems the notification preview doesn't work for me? Does it require AOD to work? I assume it does. So I set AOD to on as always, but after I turned the screen off, there was no notification preview, then I turned on the screen and found AOD got turned off somehow automatically? I repeated the process, found AOD always got turned off mysteriesly by itself?

I assume the notification Preview would be on (based on my timeout setting) as long as I have uncleared notifications on my status bar? And yes I do have lots of uncleared notifications. But the notification preview is just not there when my screen is off. I guess the culprit is my AOD is always got turned off somehow?

Any clue?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi folks, love the functionalities of the app. Bought the pro immediately after downloaded!

I am using s21 ultra with the latest March 2022 patch.

But it seems the notification preview doesn't work for me? Does it require AOD to work? I assume it does. So I set AOD to on as always, but after I turned the screen off, there was no notification preview, then I turned on the screen and found AOD got turned off somehow automatically? I repeated the process, found AOD always got turned off mysteriesly by itself?

I assume the notification Preview would be on (based on my timeout setting) as long as I have uncleared notifications on my status bar? And yes I do have lots of uncleared notifications. But the notification preview is just not there when my screen is off. I guess the culprit is my AOD is always got turned off somehow?

Any clue?

Thanks
You can try latest beta. It has some new fixes included

BUGkc

Oct 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Last week I bought this app (pro) and everything was ok.
Today, after app update, there is no pro options anymore and there is only free version. There is again option to buy a coffee to unlock pro features.
???????

william58

Mar 31, 2011
Tacoma
www.moskovita-photography.com
Does it hurt/burn in the screen leaving using "Always On"
I just bought the Galaxy S21+ 5G and don't want to harm the phone. I'm deaf due to Tinnitus, so these notifications really help.

Can I set it up so the little circle at the top blinks until I check my text message? The way I set it up, it blinks for a little while, then stops. Also it changed my screen and icons, not liking that much.

Also I can't seem to find your FAQ link?

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Does it hurt/burn in the screen leaving using "Always On"
I just bought the Galaxy S21+ 5G and don't want to harm the phone. I'm deaf due to Tinnitus, so these notifications really help.

Can I set it up so the little circle at the top blinks until I check my text message? The way I set it up, it blinks for a little while, then stops. Also it changed my screen and icons, not liking that much.

Also I can't seem to find your FAQ link?
Never experienced any burn, but everyone has to use the app at own responsibility.

The display time can be set directly from main menu.

As several users asked for the time setting.
Is the naming "display time" misleading?
Could this be optimized?

vibrantliker

I've used this app on a number of devices no problem. I especially like the notification preview.

I just got a S21 Ultra and was sure the notification preview was working but now not.
Can someone tell me the correct settings for both the app and on the device as well?
Maybe the devices' settings are messing the app up.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I've used this app on a number of devices no problem. I especially like the notification preview.

I just got a S21 Ultra and was sure the notification preview was working but now not.
Can someone tell me the correct settings for both the app and on the device as well?
Maybe the devices' settings are messing the app up.
What clock did you select on always on display

Kierewiet

Nov 7, 2013
I don't know if it is possible, but it would be great if you could add functionality for viewing notifications when using the Clear View Cover from Samsung. Now you can only see what apps have notifications but not see the notification itself.

LiamGTR

Jan 31, 2021
Bought Pro yesterday and it only seems to work for a few hours then stops?. Every time I go back into the settings the "notification light" toggle is always turned off even when I turn it back on?

Also, what does "display time" refer to? There needs to be some kind of description.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Bought Pro yesterday and it only seems to work for a few hours then stops?. Every time I go back into the settings the "notification light" toggle is always turned off even when I turn it back on?

Also, what does "display time" refer to? There needs to be some kind of description.
Please disable accessibility service of aodNotify and restart phone once

kirvad

Feb 12, 2008
Hannover
have used the App long time on my S10, was very satisfied. On S21, however, the app consumes too much battery power.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy S21? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy S21! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy S21!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S21, Note 20, S20...
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

If there is no notification the app consumes almost 0% battery

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    144261909_500312494280pjnf.jpg

1mtuj24.png
    7m7zk0k.png
    Did not test the app on S21 yet, but it should be compatible out of the box!
    I have used it on many of my samsung devices. Now it also works perfectly on the note 20 ultra device. As soon as I get my S21 ultra device I’m already putting it up. Basic application. (y)
    I've been using this on my S20U, and love it. Will load on S21u when it arrives next Friday. 👍
    Works perfectly on S21 ultra device.