[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S21 - NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

am11

Oct 4, 2010
Would it be possible to add a disable at night when charging. So it only applies the custom night disable if the phone is charging.

JayR_Mendoza

Sep 2, 2021
Does it hurt/burn in the screen leaving using "Always On"
I just bought the Galaxy S21+ 5G and don't want to harm the phone. I'm deaf due to Tinnitus, so these notifications really help.

Can I set it up so the little circle at the top blinks until I check my text message? The way I set it up, it blinks for a little while, then stops. Also it changed my screen and icons, not liking that much.

Also I can't seem to find your FAQ link?
+1 on this, or may I suggest if possible to get the notification reminder time to display the notification light? means that every time the phones alerts for unread message/notification let say every after 5 mins (depends on the setting), the notification light will display again. If this is possible though, but very nice app here!

ems328i

Jul 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
I am trying to make it so that the ring around the camera flashes when I get a message, when the screen is off (asleep). However, it only flashes when I unlock/wake up the screen, which completely defeats the purpose!
I don't have a screen lock set up, so it is just waking up the screen with the power button. The Samsung AOD is set up with a stock analogue clock only.
I have been through all of the settings, installed the aodNotify Manager, given every permission, cleared the cache of the apps, rebooted the phone, AOD is enabled, and it just doesn't work. I know I'm probably missing something obvious, but I don't know what that is!

ems328i

Jul 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
I am trying to make it so that the ring around the camera flashes when I get a message, when the screen is off (asleep). However, it only flashes when I unlock/wake up the screen, which completely defeats the purpose!
I don't have a screen lock set up, so it is just waking up the screen with the power button. The Samsung AOD is set up with a stock analogue clock only.
I have been through all of the settings, installed the aodNotify Manager, given every permission, cleared the cache of the apps, rebooted the phone, AOD is enabled, and it just doesn't work. I know I'm probably missing something obvious, but I don't know what that is!
No one?

derilsop

Oct 16, 2021
You can change these notifications from the settings. You don`t have to install an app(or smth like that). You have to enter the grounds and to turn it off. I had the same problem as you a few months ago, and I didn`t know what to do. A friend recommended me to look in the settings, and I found it. By the way, If you want to buy a LED light for your biro or house then, I recommend you to use: https://www.amazon.com/Flagpole-Energy-Battery-Illumunation-Vont/dp/B00YBDA7DC/ because they have the best quality and the most extensive range to choose from.

Last edited:

dscline

Sep 19, 2007
Atlanta, GA USA
Is anyonee else currently having problems with this app since a recent update? I've been using this successfully since receiving my S21U towards the beginning of the year, but my phone received an update a few days ago, and I've since noticed my notifications just flicker instead of the proper animation. I can't say with 100% certainty that the problem began exactly with the update, but it was within a day or so, so that's probably when it happeend. I use the screen edge light notification, with the gravity effect, which normally circles around the screen. Yesterday I noticed it seemed to be frozen with the edge lighting about 1/4 around the screen. A reboot didn't help. Today I updated aodNotify, and now instead of the animatino getting stuck, the edge lighting just flickers. I tried experimenting with different effects, and it seems they're all messed up and just flicker, EXCEPT shimmer, which seems to work correctly. Scrolling through that list (which has the animation in effect while you're on that screen) is very choppy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy S21? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy S21! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy S21!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S21, Note 20, S20...
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

If there is no notification the app consumes almost 0% battery

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    zoom_ezgifcfjpa.gif
    144261909_500312494280pjnf.jpg

1mtuj24.png
    7m7zk0k.png
    Did not test the app on S21 yet, but it should be compatible out of the box!
    I have used it on many of my samsung devices. Now it also works perfectly on the note 20 ultra device. As soon as I get my S21 ultra device I’m already putting it up. Basic application. (y)
    I've been using this on my S20U, and love it. Will load on S21u when it arrives next Friday. 👍
    Works perfectly on S21 ultra device.