[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S21 - NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

inferno2

Feb 29, 2008
Good evening everyone, I was using Holey light on my S10 and it was perfect.
Is it possible to use Aodnotify on my S21 ultra but I don't want AOD just to keep my screen black and see only light?

inferno2

Feb 29, 2008
Good evening and thank you for this great software that I bought. I found the function to hide the AOD.

I do have 3 questions:

-When there are 2 notifications (for example whatapp in green and snapchat in yellow) is it possible to flash the different colors like on Holey light? green yellow green yellow ... Sorry i found the option.

-Is it possible to flash without time limit until it is read or erased? I saw in the application maximum 5 hours. 16 hours is good

-Why the "UpDay" application (new samsung) is present in the notification settings of the phone but is not present in the aodnotify applications?

Thank you

Last edited:

tamanaco

Jul 18, 2006
New York
Ran across this app and purchased yesterday to use on my new AT&T S21+ firmware version G996USQU1AUAG - Android Patch Feb 1, 2021. I'm coming from an S9+ where I used BxActions for a couple years without any issues, so I felt confident making this purchase. But I'm finding that I can't get this app to work with my existing AOD schedule. I set my AOD to turn on from 8PM to 8AM as I used it my phone as a clock on a wireless charger by my bed. I also set Do Not Disturb on from 11:pM to 7:AM so that I don't get notification sounds in the middle of the night. I set an exception in Do Not Disturb for the aodNotify App, but I don't believe it is needed as there are no notification sounds from the App.

I want to keep the same AOD and Do Not Disturb schedules and use aodNotify light notification functionality during the day when the phone screen is off + locked with AOD "disabled" and at night while AOD is "enabled" as scheduled. (Just get the little ring notification while AOD is on at night) I tried several iterations, but whenever I enable aodNotify it interferes with the AOD activation from the system settings and can't get it to work when I have AOD scheduled. The aodNotify AOD settings override the system settings for AOD.

Also, is it possible to add brighter intensity colors. At work the lights are very bright and when I leave the phone on my desk I need to get close to see if the notification light is flashing. I could see LED light of the S9+ from a lot farther. An option to reset to default settings for the separated settings sections can be helpful when you testing different settings. I also joined the Beta program in case test releases become available.

tamanaco

Jul 18, 2006
New York
Just set night time in aodNotify. aodNotify takes control over aod.

Brightness can be adjusted in aod system settings

Jawomo, thanks for your reply. I tried setting aodnotify night time setting to start at 8PM and end at 8:00 PM and set the aodNotify setting under AOD to hide the AOD so only the light is visible.

I just tested with the screen locked (during the day time), but the notification light only last a few seconds on the black locked screen. The blinking last for the same amount of time that the msg notification bubble lasts. When I unlock the phone the notification light is still blinking until I clear the notifications (The way I set it up) - I want the notification light to continue on the black locked screen, but increasing the timers makes no difference.

Btw, doesns't setting the aodNotify custom night time disable the light notifications completely... if so, then I would have to set the AOD schedule manually every night. Something I'd like to avoid.

Maybe I'm asking for too much given that aodNotify takes over the AOD settings completely. All I want is to have the notification light flash for certain apps on my locked screen during the day time (No AOD) then have the notification light continue to flash on the AOD when it's activated via the phone AOD schedule. Please, let me know if this is possible. I'm willing to wait for this feature to be added.

Regarding the brightness, I found the same brighness deficiency in the settings for the AOD clock. You only get to select muted (pastel) colors that lack brightness. The color settings for the clock in the "Lock" screen allows one to select brighter colors via an additional selector that has the full range of colors and brightness.

tamanaco

Jul 18, 2006
New York
Thats not possible. Without aod light is not visible

OK... Decided to go with AOD set to "Show Always" with Auto Brightness enabled to continue using aodNotify. Hopefully, it won't significantly impact my battery life. I guess the aodNotify app is tied to the options available (color/brightness) to Samsung AOD. It would have been nice to have the intensity of the notification Light be a little brighter and independent of the options available thru AOD. But I understand. One thing that I'm finding annoying is a secondary lock screen that pops up after using the fingerprint to authenticate on the AOD. Do you know what causes this black screen with a round lock in the bottom to appear? See 2nd picture. Sorry for the pictures quality... I borrowed my colleague's S21 to quickly snap these two pictures while at work.

AODScreen.jpg
AODScreenLock.jpg

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
OK... Decided to go with AOD set to "Show Always" with Auto Brightness enabled to continue using aodNotify. Hopefully, it won't significantly impact my battery life. I guess the aodNotify app is tied to the options available (color/brightness) to Samsung AOD. It would have been nice to have the intensity of the notification Light be a little brighter and independent of the options available thru AOD. But I understand. One thing that I'm finding annoying is a secondary lock screen that pops up after using the fingerprint to authenticate on the AOD. Do you know what causes this black screen with a round lock in the bottom to appear? See 2nd picture. Sorry for the pictures quality... I borrowed my colleague's S21 to quickly snap these two pictures while at work.

View attachment 5227071View attachment 5227073
Never seen this before. No idea tbh sorry

tamanaco

Jul 18, 2006
New York
Never seen this before. No idea tbh sorry

Got it... This secondary lock screen only comes up when I set "Show icon when screen is off" to (On Always On Display) under Fingerprint settings. If I change this setting to (Tap to show) the secondary screen doesn't pop up. Not a show stopper, but a little annoying as I have to tap the screen to see the fingerprint icon.

bnacl

Jun 4, 2013
Trying to understand how aodN and AOD/DND work together. Desired state is to have AOD show for notifications only AND have AOD show at night while charging (night clock) with DND on to suppress notifications.

Have aodN > AOD set to "Only on Notification" and Display Time set to "Follow DND". Samsung used to use the screensaver to set the clock to show while charging but that is no longer an option. The apparent way to do it now is via a Bixby Routine (IF charging THEN display AOD). Problem is it seems aodN is overriding and there is no way other than setting AOD to "always show" - which isn't desired and I'm not even sure this would work.

Ideas?

bnacl

Jun 4, 2013
Just enable charging notification in aodNotify

This does work, but it also triggers the notification light which flashes all night. Not sure if I am missing something here but I am trying to get aodN to follow DND at night so there is no flashing, but still show AOD for a night clock.

It does work if you set aodN to always show AOD but this isn't preferred during the day due to battery. The only way I can get this to work as desired is to turn AOD to "always show" when I go to bed and then change to "only on notification" in the AM.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
This does work, but it also triggers the notification light which flashes all night. Not sure if I am missing something here but I am trying to get aodN to follow DND at night so there is no flashing, but still show AOD for a night clock.

It does work if you set aodN to always show AOD but this isn't preferred during the day due to battery. The only way I can get this to work as desired is to turn AOD to "always show" when I go to bed and then change to "only on notification" in the AM.
You can disable the light for charging in charging settings in notifications.

Just click on the charging item in the list

bnacl

Jun 4, 2013
You can disable the light for charging in charging settings in notifications.

Just click on the charging item in the list

Welp I made that much more difficult than it needed to be!

So if I do not want ANY notification lights showing at night during DND time I am assuming "follow do not disturb" would also cause the AOD/clock we are discussing to also not work right? Is it possible to show the AOD/clock while also having the light disabled for notifications? I'm probably overthinking this one as well :rolleyes:.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Welp I made that much more difficult than it needed to be!

So if I do not want ANY notification lights showing at night during DND time I am assuming "follow do not disturb" would also cause the AOD/clock we are discussing to also not work right? Is it possible to show the AOD/clock while also having the light disabled for notifications? I'm probably overthinking this one as well :rolleyes:.
This will not work with dnd mode in aodNotify.

You can have charging event or use fillow dnd mode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy S21? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy S21! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy S21!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S21, Note 20, S20...
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

If there is no notification the app consumes almost 0% battery

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    Did not test the app on S21 yet, but it should be compatible out of the box!
    I have used it on many of my samsung devices. Now it also works perfectly on the note 20 ultra device. As soon as I get my S21 ultra device I’m already putting it up. Basic application. (y)
    I've been using this on my S20U, and love it. Will load on S21u when it arrives next Friday. 👍
    Works perfectly on S21 ultra device.