• DSP_ONLY-1031.zip
    632 KB · Views: 115
  • DSP+Apollo-1031.zip
    2 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
I think I got it to work. I edited the updater-script, I modified the line that removes MusicFX.apk to this:
Code:
delete("/system/priv-app/MusicFX/MusicFX.apk");

Tested it for a bit, it seems to work. I attached the modified file.

So do you think Android 5.0 is not designed to support multiple EQ apps like KitKat was? Only one can be installed at once?
Im going to copy Paranoid Android to a secondary ROM then flash Lollipop to do some testing.

Edit: The most obvious problem is that Android 5.0 does not support EQ app switching. So I'd say a good start to fixing this is to delete MusicFX.apk as you did. However DSPManager still does not work so we have more work to do.

Last edited:

lopardo

Apr 27, 2011
I don't know, I just took a look at the script in the zip from the first page, noticed it tried to delete MusicFX.apk but it was using the wrong path. So I just changed that, flashed it and it did work. DSP Manager seems to work just fine (Nexus 4, LRX21T).

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
I don't know, I just took a look at the script in the zip from the first page, noticed it tried to delete MusicFX.apk but it was using the wrong path. So I just changed that, flashed it and it did work. DSP Manager seems to work just fine (Nexus 4, LRX21T).

Im using an AOSP version so maybe that could be my problem. I wouldn't think there would be any relevant differences between that and the factory images though. It is more likely that there is something wrong with the latest DSPManager zip I released at the top of the page. I'll try downloading the zips from the OP and starting from scratch. If those work with the updated path to MusicFX.apk then I'll gradually start updating the files in the zip to identify the culprit. Are you 100% sure DSPManager is working for you? Please try setting the bass boost to extreme to make sure :good:

Last edited:

lopardo

Apr 27, 2011
100% positive it works, the awesome bass boost is what I use it for. :p Tested with Player Pro and Play Music.

MusicFX just sucks for that, it doesn't boost much and it makes sound get distorted easily.

I always test it with this song, it starts with explosive bass right away, you'll notice if the DSP is working in just a couple of seconds.

steve41993

Oct 25, 2014
Hi,
i flashed the zip from lopardo. It doesnt work. Is there a issue because i flashed the broken DSP before? Do you wiped anything after flashing the zip? How can i deinstall the dsp-manager? Everytime i start some music it just crashes... (Nexus 4)

Last edited:

lopardo

Apr 27, 2011
Hi,
i flashed the zip from lopardo. It doesnt work. Is there a issue because i flashed the broken DSP before? Do you wiped anything after flashing the zip? How can i deinstall the dsp-manager? Everytime i start some music it just crashes... (Nexus 4)

Probably, it works for me on my Nexus 4 with Android 5.0 LRX21T (rooted with CF-Auto-Root, flashed the zip with TWRP).
Try reflashing your system partition, then flash the zip again.

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
Hi,

DSP Manager crashes for me as well when I play music. Even on a clean flashed ROM. I don't really know why it is working for you lopardo.

Last edited:

lopardo

Apr 27, 2011
DSP Manager crashes for me as well when I play music. Even on a clean flashed ROM. I don't really know why it is working for you lopardo.
Did you try it on Google's build?

:cowboy:
I flashed everything new and now it works perfect :) Great work lopardo

Edit: Speaker doesn't work now :( Headphones work
Your speaker doesn't work at all? Or is it just that DSP Manager doesn't work with it? Everything seems to work OK with my phone, but I only use DSP Manager for headphones.

steve41993

Oct 25, 2014
The speaker worked after i changed something in the DSP-Manager app. Even with all disabled again. So it seems that this is a bit buggy. But now everything is fine now.

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
Did you try it on Google's build?

No, I don't want Paranoid Android to get wiped out. Flashing the factory images should also wipe my sdcard so they will delete my secondary ROM (AOSPA). That is why I used a flashable zip AOSP build of 5.0 which seems to be causing problems for DSP Manager. I suppose I could always create a nandroid of my secondary ROM, move that to my hard drive, flash the factory images, then use MultiROM to restore the backup as a secondary ROM again. I'll consider doing that this weekend.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

I have bundled DSP Manager and Apollo. It also includes the libs for DSP Manager. It removes MusicFX.apk.

USE V1 for roms older then 4.4!

Working:
    Apollo - Themes
    DSP Manager - all settings

Not working:
    You tell me !

Flash instructions:
    1. Download Zip
    2. Place on SD card
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Install ZIP file
    5. Reboot
    6. Enjoy!

Let me know if you like it and hit thanks !

Changelog:
    V2.1:
    • Separated DSP Manager and Apollo.
    V2:
    • Second release! - DSP+Apollo_N4_Tomvs16_v2.zip
    • Updated Apollo from CM11
    • Updated DSP Manager from CM11
    • Updated libs from CM11
    V1:
    • First release! - DSP+Apollo_Tomvs16.zip
    • Apollo from CM10.2
    • DSP Manger from CM10.2
    • Libs from CM10.2

Credits:
    • Cyanogenmod - for providing Apollo, DSP Manager and libs.
    Update 1124

This update is based on an unofficial build of cm12. Thanks to AndroGeek974 for the build. Here is a system dump for anyone who needs it: UNZIPPED ZIPPED
    I haven't tested Apollo but there isn't much that can go wrong with it so it should work fine. DSP Manager works perfectly for me.
    Please press the thanks button and/or comment to let me know if either zip works for you.

Changelog:
    Replaced all files with cm12 equivalents for optimal stability
    I think I got it to work. I edited the updater-script, I modified the line that removes MusicFX.apk to this:
    Code:
    delete("/system/priv-app/MusicFX/MusicFX.apk");

Tested it for a bit, it seems to work. I attached the modified file.

Update: see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57018423&postcount=146
    Update 1031

This update is based on cm-11-20141031-NIGHTLY-mako. I may release new zips in a week or so if there are any major Lollipop-related changes.
    **DSP Manager does not work on the latest version of the android L port.
    If you do not know what you are doing only flash these zips on the Nexus 4

Changelogs:
    Apollo- http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+apollo,n,z
    DSP Manager- http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+dspmanager,n,z
    I tried it with the official Lolipop build and the DSP-Manager didn't work.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone