[APP]-Apollo and DSP Manager for 4.4

Search This thread

junxracr

Dec 12, 2010
Lopardo your app is working great for me on sykopompos rom with play music :thumbup::thumbup:.

Sent from my Android 5.0 Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

ttheodorou

Apr 7, 2010
i have read all the comments here about dsp and lolipop. is there any sure way to work? i did it once and the sound of headphones broke for me. is there any android l version coming?

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
i have read all the comments here about dsp and lolipop. is there any sure way to work? i did it once and the sound of headphones broke for me. is there any android l version coming?

Lopardo's zip seems to be working for just about everyone but me on the factory images. Have you tried his zip?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

I think I got it to work. I edited the updater-script, I modified the line that removes MusicFX.apk to this:
Code:
delete("/system/priv-app/MusicFX/MusicFX.apk");

Tested it for a bit, it seems to work. I attached the modified file.

Your zip is working for me now as well. I think I figured out why. Your zip has some additional qualcomm libs that the OP's zips and my zips are missing. May I ask where you found those?

k3vink3vin

Apr 1, 2007
Lopardo's zip seems to be working for just about everyone but me on the factory images. Have you tried his zip?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Your zip is working for me now as well. I think I figured out why. Your zip has some additional qualcomm libs that the OP's zips and my zips are missing. May I ask where you found those?

I flashed Lopardo's zip on stock lollipop, at the beginning I get no sound from play music (both speaker and headphone), but I get sound from Youtube. Toying the settings around for a bit (play a video in youtube, enable bass boost in dsp manager, vol up and down, etc.) and all in a sudden I get sound from play music.

ttheodorou

Apr 7, 2010
I flashed Lopardo's zip on stock lollipop, at the beginning I get no sound from play music (both speaker and headphone), but I get sound from Youtube. Toying the settings around for a bit (play a video in youtube, enable bass boost in dsp manager, vol up and down, etc.) and all in a sudden I get sound from play music.

broke again i will wait for a stable version with android l love...

lopardo

Apr 27, 2011

Oh, I know why, I screwed up. When I was testing this, I downloaded the zip from the OP and another one from this thread (for the Nexus 5) to compare both of them, as the one for the N5 seemed to work on it with Lollipop. I seem to have accidentally flashed that one, without actually changing anything and it's the one I uploaded. Sorry about that, I was in a hurry.

So the build for the N5 seems to work on the N4. Except that I noticed that the speaker wasn't working correctly sometimes. Now I'm testing it with audio_policy.conf from the OP's zip.

ΦDroid, what do you think about this? Do you build yours from source?

I'm attaching what I'm testing now. In case other people want to try it, remember this is just a test, from files for the Nexus 5, always backup your stuff (your system partition).

Attachments

• DSPManager_5.0.2_modded_by_eng-newtest.zip
    698.8 KB · Views: 75

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
Oh, I know why, I screwed up. When I was testing this, I downloaded the zip from the OP and another one from this thread (for the Nexus 5) to compare both of them, as the one for the N5 seemed to work on it with Lollipop. I seem to have accidentally flashed that one, without actually changing anything and it's the one I uploaded. Sorry about that, I was in a hurry.

So the build for the N5 seems to work on the N4. Except that I noticed that the speaker wasn't working correctly sometimes. Now I'm testing it with audio_policy.conf from the OP's zip.

ΦDroid, what do you think about this? Do you build yours from source?

I'm attaching what I'm testing now. In case other people want to try it, remember this is just a test, from files for the Nexus 5, always backup your stuff (your system partition).

For past updates I just downloaded the ROM zips and extracted the files from those. There are some cm12 builds out there that would have the right files but the only way I know of to extract them is by flashing the zip. We should be able to easily fix this with a system dump of cm12 for mako.
Another option is that I could find a way to compile cm12 with the regular zip structure instead of the system.new.dat so they can be easily extracted. I saw a post about this somewhere on xda but its a big place. I cant find it again. Im just going to make a backup of my current rom then flash cm12 over to get a system dump.

Last edited:

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
Update 1124

This update is based on an unofficial build of cm12. Thanks to AndroGeek974 for the build. Here is a system dump for anyone who needs it: UNZIPPED ZIPPED
I haven't tested Apollo but there isn't much that can go wrong with it so it should work fine. DSP Manager works perfectly for me.
Please press the thanks button and/or comment to let me know if either zip works for you.

Changelog:
Replaced all files with cm12 equivalents for optimal stability

Attachments

• DSP_ONLY-1124.zip
    736.1 KB · Views: 462
  • DSP+Apollo-1124.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 452
Last edited:

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
Awesome, I'll try it later. I was going to reply to your previous message telling you that I was willing to flash CM12 this weekend. :p

It ended up being a fast process so I just did it myself. Now I just need to get a system dump of cm12 for hammerhead. Unfortunately the hammerhead build will not flash on mako even with updater-script modifications.

pafaisal

Apr 7, 2011
Dubai
This update is based on an unofficial build of cm12. Thanks to AndroGeek974 for the build. Here is a system dump for anyone who needs it: UNZIPPED ZIPPED
I haven't tested Apollo but there isn't much that can go wrong with it so it should work fine. DSP Manager works perfectly for me.
Please press the thanks button and/or comment to let me know if either zip works for you.

Changelog:

Hi
Just flash it with CWM..? or need to edit some script...? Please help
Root required...?
I know how to flash it...but if i need to do something more, i dont know how to do..

Last edited:

ttheodorou

Apr 7, 2010

Changelog:

i tried it on lollipop and works like a charm. no problem until now but only thing i checked it with is google music. if i find anything i will report

Vlad Paul

Sep 1, 2012
Buzau

Changelog:
Thank you much! Working fine on Lollipop AOSP v6.0.
Sound Efects setting(DSP, Music FX, etc) from kitkat has gone on Lollipop or i missed something?
35cdbcb4157a832ccb761fcbeb3f6485.jpg
d655e40e8380a7430f3c0e4633284207.jpg

Sent from my L mako

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
Thank you much! Working fine on Lollipop AOSP v6.0.
Sound Efects setting(DSP, Music FX, etc) from kitkat has gone on Lollipop or i missed something?
35cdbcb4157a832ccb761fcbeb3f6485.jpg
d655e40e8380a7430f3c0e4633284207.jpg

Sent from my L mako

Lollipop does not support Equalizer switching like KK did. Only one can be installed at once. Now for DSP Manager to work MusicFX.apk must be deleted.
Edit: You have MultiROM dont you :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Paul

ΦDroid

Aug 21, 2012
hidbulbsrus.com
Future updates

The title of this thread says it is for 4.4 and I think its time for me to create my own thread to make it easier for new users to find. Most people will just look at the first post and see that there is no 5.0 support then leave. They may never notice that I have continued support later on in the thread. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Vlad Paul

Sep 1, 2012
Buzau
The title of this thread says it is for 4.4 and I think its time for me to create my own thread to make it easier for new users to find. Most people will just look at the first post and see that there is no 5.0 support then leave. They may never notice that I have continued support later on in the thread. What do you guys think?
My vote is yes ;)

Sent from my G2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

I have bundled DSP Manager and Apollo. It also includes the libs for DSP Manager. It removes MusicFX.apk.

USE V1 for roms older then 4.4!

Working:
    Apollo - Themes
    DSP Manager - all settings

Not working:
    You tell me !

Flash instructions:
    1. Download Zip
    2. Place on SD card
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Install ZIP file
    5. Reboot
    6. Enjoy!

Let me know if you like it and hit thanks !

Changelog:
    V2.1:
    • Separated DSP Manager and Apollo.
    V2:
    • Second release! - DSP+Apollo_N4_Tomvs16_v2.zip
    • Updated Apollo from CM11
    • Updated DSP Manager from CM11
    • Updated libs from CM11
    V1:
    • First release! - DSP+Apollo_Tomvs16.zip
    • Apollo from CM10.2
    • DSP Manger from CM10.2
    • Libs from CM10.2

Credits:
    • Cyanogenmod - for providing Apollo, DSP Manager and libs.
    Update 1124

Changelog:
    I think I got it to work. I edited the updater-script, I modified the line that removes MusicFX.apk to this:
    Code:
    delete("/system/priv-app/MusicFX/MusicFX.apk");

Tested it for a bit, it seems to work. I attached the modified file.

Update: see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57018423&postcount=146
    Update 1031

This update is based on cm-11-20141031-NIGHTLY-mako. I may release new zips in a week or so if there are any major Lollipop-related changes.
    **DSP Manager does not work on the latest version of the android L port.
    If you do not know what you are doing only flash these zips on the Nexus 4

Changelogs:
    Apollo- http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+apollo,n,z
    DSP Manager- http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+dspmanager,n,z
    I tried it with the official Lolipop build and the DSP-Manager didn't work.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone