• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] Arc Lighting - Notification Light for Galaxy Note 10

Search This thread

m1santh3op

Jan 31, 2009
Vienna
Today I found the first and only minor "bug". Screen Off Memo doesn't work when notification led is active. Sadly this function is very important for mw, so I had to turn off Arc Lighting for the Moment.

alcohol120%

Feb 21, 2011
Urbana, IL
Hey, just wanted to let you know i left a review, and although its not something i'll keep installed on the phone, you did a great job and should continue making these wonderful modifications. My issues are with the phone, not the application.

Mr.King1616

Mar 16, 2017
Hi Dev,

Arc Lighting adds a highly customizable ring of light around the camera cutout of your phone. You can use this light with various indicators such as audio visualization, notification lighting, critical or low battery warnings, as well as a charge indicator. The ring can also appear on your Always-On display. (to make aod work you need to make sure you have downloaded always on amoled and activated it, you also need to make sure samsung stock aod and samsung edge lighting is disabled under samsung display settings you also need to make sure that aod is enabled under arclighting with override set to off)

Features:

- Highly customizable lighting for the Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, and Note 10. Select a variety of colors, animations, and styles.
- Always show ring with various gradient effects (add multiple colors and make them spin for a visual experience)
- An adjustable glow effect that can be turned on or off
- Notification lighting both when the display is on or off (update planned for only the lockscreen or only inapp)
- Music lighting that syncs the light to your music
- Battery indicator lighting for charging, low and critical battery states. (note it will not work until you configure the zones you want the colors to appear)
- Device overheating indicator for gamers and power users (note it will not work until you configure the zones you want the colors to appear)
- Arc Lighting can be configured to match the color of your wallpaper, the app you're currently in, or both!

This app requires certain permissions to function correctly.

Accessibility: This permission is used for the ring to appear over your lock screen, always-on display, and for accessing the color of the current app you're in. This permission is required for the app to function properly.

Draw Over Other Apps: This permission allows the ring to show on top of other apps. This permission is required for the app to function properly.

Microphone Access: This permission is used to analyze the internal device audio for the music lighting. You will not be asked for this permission unless you choose to enable the Audio Visualizer indicator for the ring.

Storage Access: This permission is used to get the color of your wallpaper. You will not be asked for this permission unless you choose to use the color of your wallpaper for the ring.

Notification access: This permission is used to change the color of the ring after notifications

Burn-in concerns: Some Android displays may suffer from mild burn-in if a single item is displayed on the screen for an extremely significant amount of time. If you are concerned about this, feel free to enable the rotation animation in ring settings. That will ensure the display is constantly changing. Alternately, you can disable the default effect to only show the ring while an indicator is being triggered. Note: Samsung Galaxy devices come with burn-in protection that moves the pixels a little each time.

Compatible Devices
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy note 10 (not tested yet)
- Galaxy note 10+ (tested confirmed
Can you give me a code for it? Thank you so much!!!

antisocialbratt

Nov 12, 2012
new year so i have new codes, but every time i attempt to send them the website goes down it's just xda i have issues with it keeps saying retry for live version it's so frustrating

Damn! and here i thought you were ignoring us :p Sent you an email, please check.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Thanks for the quick response. Loved the app so far and thats why i was on the verge of buying it but the high price in my region kept me from buying it. Please ignore my recent message, i figured out how to redeem it :p
This is one of those apps which should be the part of the phone OS itself in phones with hole-punch cut out.

Endur

Mar 9, 2011
Arc Lighting adds a highly customizable ring of light around the camera cutout of your phone. You can use this light with various indicators such as audio visualization, notification lighting, critical or low battery warnings, as well as a charge indicator. The ring can also appear on your Always-On display. (to make aod work you need to make sure you have downloaded always on amoled and activated it, you also need to make sure samsung stock aod and samsung edge lighting is disabled under samsung display settings you also need to make sure that aod is enabled under arclighting with override set to off)

Features:

- Highly customizable lighting for the Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, and Note 10. Select a variety of colors, animations, and styles.
- Always show ring with various gradient effects (add multiple colors and make them spin for a visual experience)
- Notification lighting both when the display is on or off (update planned for only the lockscreen or only inapp)
- Battery indicator lighting for charging, low and critical battery states. (note it will not work until you configure the zones you want the colors to appear)
- Device overheating indicator for gamers and power users (note it will not work until you configure the zones you want the colors to appear)
- Arc Lighting can be configured to match the color of your wallpaper, the app you're currently in, or both!

Accessibility: This permission is used for the ring to appear over your lock screen, always-on display, and for accessing the color of the current app you're in. This permission is required for the app to function properly.

Draw Over Other Apps: This permission allows the ring to show on top of other apps. This permission is required for the app to function properly.

Microphone Access: This permission is used to analyze the internal device audio for the music lighting. You will not be asked for this permission unless you choose to enable the Audio Visualizer indicator for the ring.

Storage Access: This permission is used to get the color of your wallpaper. You will not be asked for this permission unless you choose to use the color of your wallpaper for the ring.

Notification access: This permission is used to change the color of the ring after notifications

Burn-in concerns: Some Android displays may suffer from mild burn-in if a single item is displayed on the screen for an extremely significant amount of time. If you are concerned about this, feel free to enable the rotation animation in ring settings. That will ensure the display is constantly changing. Alternately, you can disable the default effect to only show the ring while an indicator is being triggered. Note: Samsung Galaxy devices come with burn-in protection that moves the pixels a little each time.

Compatible Devices
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy note 10+ (tested confirmed working)

Download (xda members get free access, will provide unlock codes to any xda member who asks please mention which app so i know as i have two apps with similar names)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symetium.holepunchcameraeffects
Please sent me one code also... I like this app.

Gintiz

Dec 23, 2019
Been using the app for a while and i was planning to buy when i could but after asking @zzcool i received a code! Very grateful and it's cool to get features that should be provided by manufacturers. Definitely give it a shot people.

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
codes sent out to everyone who asked, i have hundreds of new codes so just message me it will be a while until i run out of them, and please if you can when you receive a code give the app a rating this is the best way to thank me if you wish to thank me it helps me in a lot of ways as well as the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: high25

legalizacion_24

Dec 13, 2008
palma de mallorca

Features:

Compatible Devices
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10e

Download (xda members get free access, will provide unlock codes to any xda member who asks please mention which app so i know as i have two apps with similar names)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symetium.holepunchcameraeffects

Your app is fabulous, could you pass a code? thanks and good work;):victory:

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
someone said this app isn't working with oneui 2.0 can someone confirm thank you will send codes when i can it's frustrating when every time i try to send one the website crashes, so if you didn't receive a code after i said i sent them out let me know as it's possible i will miss two or three people

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features:

Compatible Devices
    - Galaxy S10+
    - Galaxy S10
    - Galaxy S10e

the reason it takes time this time to send out codes is because i've been feeling worse than every lately, currently i am in two warranty nightmare situations one where my note 10+ screen is so red tinted that i don't want the phone despite the fact that i have to pay it off until 2023, two my surface pro broke down and the only option i am offered is a used replacement i paid for new so i want new at this point i just want to let it collect dust, i am meant to move to an apartment very soon where moving the stuff happens tomorrow i have no choice really i have to it's not the ideal situation for me and it will cost me a lot of money to make it a decent home, the chances of me being able to afford food in this apartment depends on the app and the app is rapidly declining now to the point where i don't even want to look, i am just very stressed currently so i've let the messages pile up but i will get around too it to every single person that messaged and i will do that this month as the codes expire end of november
    i am going to sleep now so i will not respond to messages until i wake up thank you everyone for the support
    sending out the next wave of codes soon
    Sure Bro , no problem
    Waiting for fixes ( those mentioned in the info @ playstore ) and upgrades ( notification per app : this please !!! )
    IMO , Its better to be able to select what to trigger the ring , than having all notifications ( including the "invisible" and system ones ) triggering it :(

i have many updates planned once i can afford it.