[APP] Arc Lighting - Notification Light for Galaxy Note 10

Search This thread

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
Arc Lighting adds a highly customizable ring of light around the camera cutout of your phone. You can use this light with various indicators such as audio visualization, notification lighting, critical or low battery warnings, as well as a charge indicator. The ring can also appear on your Always-On display. (to make aod work you need to make sure you have downloaded always on amoled and activated it, you also need to make sure samsung stock aod and samsung edge lighting is disabled under samsung display settings you also need to make sure that aod is enabled under arclighting with override set to off)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FibMTD5Mdx8

Features:

- Highly customizable lighting for the Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, and Note 10. Select a variety of colors, animations, and styles.
- Always show ring with various gradient effects (add multiple colors and make them spin for a visual experience)
- An adjustable glow effect that can be turned on or off (sometimes this can cause the light to freeze to a white glow this will be fixed)
- Notification lighting both when the display is on or off (update planned for only the lockscreen or only inapp)
- Music lighting that syncs the light to your music (does not work together with other indicators so other indicators will stop working if you enable music lighting this will be fixed)
- Battery indicator lighting for charging, low and critical battery states. (note it will not work until you configure the zones you want the colors to appearm, not configuring zones can freeze the light entirely this will be fixed)
- Device overheating indicator for gamers and power users (note it will not work until you configure the zones you want the colors to appear, not configuring zones can freeze the light entirely this will be fixed)
- Arc Lighting can be configured to match the color of your wallpaper, the app you're currently in, or both! (this only works for the only show ring and only when you set it to a solid color the option is not available for gradient colors which will be added later)

This app requires certain permissions to function correctly.

Accessibility: This permission is used for the ring to appear over your lock screen, always-on display, and for accessing the color of the current app you're in. This permission is required for the app to function properly.

Draw Over Other Apps: This permission allows the ring to show on top of other apps. This permission is required for the app to function properly.

Microphone Access: This permission is used to analyze the internal device audio for the music lighting. You will not be asked for this permission unless you choose to enable the Audio Visualizer indicator for the ring.

Storage Access: This permission is used to get the color of your wallpaper. You will not be asked for this permission unless you choose to use the color of your wallpaper for the ring.

Notification access: This permission is used to change the color of the ring after notifications

Burn-in concerns: Some Android displays may suffer from mild burn-in if a single item is displayed on the screen for an extremely significant amount of time. If you are concerned about this, feel free to enable the rotation animation in ring settings. That will ensure the display is constantly changing. Alternately, you can disable the default effect to only show the ring while an indicator is being triggered. Note: Samsung Galaxy devices come with burn-in protection that moves the pixels a little each time.

Compatible Devices
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy note 10
- Galaxy note 10+
- Galaxy note 5g

Download (xda members get free access, will provide unlock codes to any xda member who asks when you ask please specify if you want the code for my navigationbar app or this app as they both have similar names)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symetium.holepunchcameraeffects

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

how do i disable individual notifications: currently this is a planned update, you can go into custom colors and set each app you don't want notifying to 100% transparent

light is constantly flashing even if i cleared all notifications: sometimes theres forced notifications such as when you're charging it will force a notification that says you're fast charging, the light will pick up on these you need to hold on these notifications and turn them off to stop the light there should be nothing at all in the notificationpanel, if you still have a flashing light with nothing in the panel contact me.

frozen light: music lighting will disable all other indicators same with battery indicator or battery temp indicator, you need to set custom zones otherwise the light will be frozen, glow also tends to freeze the light so turn that off if it's frozen (this will be fixed in a coming update)

Last edited:

ZEDEK

Apr 24, 2008
PHILLY
Peace!!
Thanks for creating app...Testing the app out now. May I please have a code (Inbox me)

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
Tried the app and willing to purchase a license but when I was setting it up there was an ongoing Android system notification about the app that every time I disable it would turn right back on.

sunwee

May 8, 2009
been testing out several solutions with mixed results.

Would love a code to try this out as well. Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arc Lighting adds a highly customizable ring of light around the camera cutout of your phone. You can use this light with various indicators such as audio visualization, notification lighting, critical or low battery warnings, as well as a charge indicator. The ring can also appear on your Always-On display. (to make aod work you need to make sure you have downloaded always on amoled and activated it, you also need to make sure samsung stock aod and samsung edge lighting is disabled under samsung display settings you also need to make sure that aod is enabled under arclighting with override set to off)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FibMTD5Mdx8

Features:

- Highly customizable lighting for the Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, and Note 10. Select a variety of colors, animations, and styles.
    - Always show ring with various gradient effects (add multiple colors and make them spin for a visual experience)
    - An adjustable glow effect that can be turned on or off (sometimes this can cause the light to freeze to a white glow this will be fixed)
    - Notification lighting both when the display is on or off (update planned for only the lockscreen or only inapp)
    - Music lighting that syncs the light to your music (does not work together with other indicators so other indicators will stop working if you enable music lighting this will be fixed)
    - Battery indicator lighting for charging, low and critical battery states. (note it will not work until you configure the zones you want the colors to appearm, not configuring zones can freeze the light entirely this will be fixed)
    - Device overheating indicator for gamers and power users (note it will not work until you configure the zones you want the colors to appear, not configuring zones can freeze the light entirely this will be fixed)
    - Arc Lighting can be configured to match the color of your wallpaper, the app you're currently in, or both! (this only works for the only show ring and only when you set it to a solid color the option is not available for gradient colors which will be added later)

This app requires certain permissions to function correctly.

Accessibility: This permission is used for the ring to appear over your lock screen, always-on display, and for accessing the color of the current app you're in. This permission is required for the app to function properly.

Draw Over Other Apps: This permission allows the ring to show on top of other apps. This permission is required for the app to function properly.

Microphone Access: This permission is used to analyze the internal device audio for the music lighting. You will not be asked for this permission unless you choose to enable the Audio Visualizer indicator for the ring.

Storage Access: This permission is used to get the color of your wallpaper. You will not be asked for this permission unless you choose to use the color of your wallpaper for the ring.

Notification access: This permission is used to change the color of the ring after notifications

Burn-in concerns: Some Android displays may suffer from mild burn-in if a single item is displayed on the screen for an extremely significant amount of time. If you are concerned about this, feel free to enable the rotation animation in ring settings. That will ensure the display is constantly changing. Alternately, you can disable the default effect to only show the ring while an indicator is being triggered. Note: Samsung Galaxy devices come with burn-in protection that moves the pixels a little each time.

Compatible Devices
    - Galaxy S10+
    - Galaxy S10
    - Galaxy S10e
    - Galaxy note 10
    - Galaxy note 10+
    - Galaxy note 5g

Download (xda members get free access, will provide unlock codes to any xda member who asks when you ask please specify if you want the code for my navigationbar app or this app as they both have similar names)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symetium.holepunchcameraeffects

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

how do i disable individual notifications: currently this is a planned update, you can go into custom colors and set each app you don't want notifying to 100% transparent

light is constantly flashing even if i cleared all notifications: sometimes theres forced notifications such as when you're charging it will force a notification that says you're fast charging, the light will pick up on these you need to hold on these notifications and turn them off to stop the light there should be nothing at all in the notificationpanel, if you still have a flashing light with nothing in the panel contact me.

frozen light: music lighting will disable all other indicators same with battery indicator or battery temp indicator, you need to set custom zones otherwise the light will be frozen, glow also tends to freeze the light so turn that off if it's frozen (this will be fixed in a coming update)
    will send out the next batch of codes soon, i'd also like to adress a few things yes the cost is very high even i agree on that but the amount of purchases i get would make a cost like 2 dollars impossible for me considering the debt for the app can never be paid off neither can new updates be paid for google also takes a huge percentage off each buy especially in sweden and my app is not popular enough for it to be possible to have a pricing like that it would take over a year to pay off the debt that way, i am also forced due to live changes to move to an apartment very soon and i don't have the money for this due to debt so theres a chance i'll go homeless especially now that the app is slowing down at this pace the money will not be enough, so i hope people can understand the pricing of the app thats why i give it out to anyone who simply cannot afford it it's not just xda members i send out codes to, people who say they can't afford it i don't mind doing that, if you ask nicely you'll get a code either if you're an xda member or not because i appreciate that people like the app that i put so much into getting made, the last few weeks of growth for this app has been incredible to the point where i will be able to pay off a large part of my debt for the app but not all of it, i have not seen a single penny for myself from this app it's all gone to the debt of creating it, and since the app did so well the last 2 weeks before it just died down completely the last 2 days not sure why maybe it's because samsung made their notification light goodelock app more accessible on the galaxy store? i will hopefully be able to pay off nearly all the app debt i have by next month and then focus on updates. w
    sending out another wave of codes later today
    send me a message and i will get on the next wave of codes once i know the first wave has been used, i also wanted to thank everyone for the good reception my app got, this is just a small part of my work, this app started back in 2013, i hate the fact that it took this long to have it made but it wouldn't exist had it not been for a very friendly developer who believed in my work and agreed to get paid from the profit per month rather than straight away, the original work was symetiumos which you can google, it started with a custom navigationbar to create the base for symetiumui, but the navbar ended up being so advanced that i thought it was good enough for itself, so we started working on that as a first release then the galaxy s10 got unveiled and i thought why not add a light around the frontcamera using the code of the navbar app we already were working on, the developer found this idea to be silly so i didn't make much of it and we continued working on the navbar app, then we found out someone else had made an app called energy ring that wen't viral at which point he decided that my idea was good where we started to rush out arc lighting, arc lighting was not inspired by any other ring light apps it was an original idea from me, the navbar app unfortunately never got any attention at all so the developer saw it was pointless to continue working on the rest which is symetiumos, i need to pay off the work of arc lighting and the navbar app first before he decides to continue on the main ui, the navbar app is confusing and it has features that you wouldn't even know about, the navbar can literally be turned into a windows taskbar but it seems those features are something that interests only me, i do wish i had more resources and more help to have more of my work made, see attached pictures of what i intend when i can afford it or find the help for it, a little ironic that the app i worked on for over a year ended up getting no interest at all while the app that was a chance idea based on that app did, i am very thankful that people liked arc lighting i never meant for it to be just a boring notification light i wanted it to be a lightshow which is why i had so many various indicators added to have it constantly light up and why i want to add other effects like a spinning light rather than a blinking one, so if any developer is interested in working with me feel free to contact me theres so many more things i want to do with android, android to me is better than windows, windows feels dated and i want to replace windows with android dex feels too limited for that though so i want to create something more than dex, here you can see that even in it's limited state missing the dockmenu (startmenu) recent apps menu and custom notification panel the app is capable of doing quite a lot and offering more customization than windows has the lighting effects of arc lighting are implemented in every single button of this navbar app including the clock itself so the clock can flash after notifications too https://www.facebook.com/symetium/videos/199599300991612/

technology has always facinated me design mainly has facinated me to work on that is addictive to modify things and change them to be perfect to me i want to do my own rom for example made for me and my taste i do wish i had the resources to go wild there , so thank you again to everyone that made it all worthwhile, as your help your encouragement is going to allow me to keep going on both updates for arc lighting and further projects.
    will send the next wave of codes tomorrow i had a very stressful day today as well as yesterday my play console account got flagged so i need to verify my identity etc by eu law etc and that stressed me out quite a lot had to talk to google play console support over and over again now i am finally done with that process, ontop of that i find out i needed to classify the app by september 1st despite the fact that i already have classified it, google has introduced a new classification system ontop of the old one so i needed to do it again oddly enough i was never notified and got no issues from not doing it before september 1st so i hope thats ok, now i just want to sleep.