[APP] Arc Lighting - Notification Light for Galaxy S10/+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

epicality

Aug 14, 2018
Keller, Texas
Hey everyone!
I'm here to announce the release of a new Android app developed by me and my partner under the company "Symetium Corporation."
REMOVED

The app is basically just a list of things we would really want to be able to put around the camera cutout. It's extremely customizable and has endless combinations of setups. For example, you can enable a setting called 'Always Show Ring' which lets you have a solid color, dynamic color (based on the current app), or a few different types of gradients. In addition to that, you can run a rotation animation on it. Finally, you can also set up different indicators such as a notification indicator, an audio visualizer, a charging indicator, a low battery indicator, a critical battery indicator, and a device overheat indicator. Another notable effect is that you can add a glow effect to spice up the ring's appearance.

The app isn't free because we need to make back some of the development costs as well as fund our exciting upcoming projects, HOWEVER, you get 1 free hour of use and can watch short video advertisements in exchange for additional hours of time using the app. If you can't afford to purchase the app, we understand but would still love it if you would take a moment and try the app for an hour or two!

Compatible Devices
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10e

Download
The app can be found on the Google Play Store here:

REMOVED

If you have an S10, S10+ or S10e, we'd love for you take a bit of time and try it out. Feedback is extremely crucial to us at this stage of development so we'd love to hear back from you! Thanks for your time!

Update:
Announcing support for the Galaxy S10e!
Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this new update. We really appreciate your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gilg@mesh

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
nice but it's out of position.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190406-185428_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190406-185428_Settings.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 7,208
Last edited by a moderator:

Paradoxxx

Aug 14, 2008
Krakow
So before anyone asks, what are the advantages over Chainfire's implementation ?

Does it work screen off ?

EDIT : This is not aligned with the camera hole on my SM-G9730.

Last edited:
Reactions: epicality

epicality

Aug 14, 2018
Keller, Texas
Hey everyone thanks for the feedback! I just released an update to fix the positioning issue. Apparently, I was using the wrong method for device detection. Basically, you were all seeing what I see when I test rather than what you SHOULD have seen using an S10/S10+. Apologies for the confusion! The update should rollout within the next few hours.

PapaWangsta

Mar 6, 2011
@epicality, Hmm, Where's the setting for the s10+? I'm getting half cut-off circle, it seemed to be for the s10 model?

Last edited:

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
Hi do you still have issues with alignment or detection im getting emails from people about it still apologies for this but neither he or I own a s10 or s10+ to test on

I am the client who designed the app

Last edited:

sergmarin

Feb 18, 2010
Moscow
It works as long as you have Always-On display enabled. Our goal eventually is to make it work regardless of whether or not AOD is enabled.

Thanks for your development!
I currently purchased your program and hope for further upgrades.
Bugs I found:
1. The program cannot correctly recognize the phone model (Hong Kong S10 SM-G9730), see attached screenshot.
2. The position of the ring coincides with the position of the camera.

epicality

Aug 14, 2018
Keller, Texas
If you're having issues with the app recognizing your device, please download the app "Phone Device Info" by "sadens studio" and send a screenshot of the first section like so:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190406-145855.jpg
    Screenshot_20190406-145855.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 633
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone!
    I'm here to announce the release of a new Android app developed by me and my partner under the company "Symetium Corporation."
    REMOVED

The app is basically just a list of things we would really want to be able to put around the camera cutout. It's extremely customizable and has endless combinations of setups. For example, you can enable a setting called 'Always Show Ring' which lets you have a solid color, dynamic color (based on the current app), or a few different types of gradients. In addition to that, you can run a rotation animation on it. Finally, you can also set up different indicators such as a notification indicator, an audio visualizer, a charging indicator, a low battery indicator, a critical battery indicator, and a device overheat indicator. Another notable effect is that you can add a glow effect to spice up the ring's appearance.

The app isn't free because we need to make back some of the development costs as well as fund our exciting upcoming projects, HOWEVER, you get 1 free hour of use and can watch short video advertisements in exchange for additional hours of time using the app. If you can't afford to purchase the app, we understand but would still love it if you would take a moment and try the app for an hour or two!

Compatible Devices
    - Galaxy S10+
    - Galaxy S10
    - Galaxy S10e

Download
    The app can be found on the Google Play Store here:

REMOVED

If you have an S10, S10+ or S10e, we'd love for you take a bit of time and try it out. Feedback is extremely crucial to us at this stage of development so we'd love to hear back from you! Thanks for your time!

Update:
    Announcing support for the Galaxy S10e!
    Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this new update. We really appreciate your help!
    Apologies everyone, the 1.0.7 APK didn't roll out for some reason. I re-uploaded it and it should be public within a few hours.

To make it up to everyone for all the complications, I'm going to be giving out free upgrades starting now until April 9th, 6:00 PM CST. Just Private Message me and I'll hook you up with a promo code! ;)
    nice but it's out of position.
    Hey everyone thanks for the feedback! I just released an update to fix the positioning issue. Apparently, I was using the wrong method for device detection. Basically, you were all seeing what I see when I test rather than what you SHOULD have seen using an S10/S10+. Apologies for the confusion! The update should rollout within the next few hours.
    Hi, I bought the app and for me it's the best one out there. But is there any way to choose which notifications light up the ring? There's a few of them I'd like to deactivate and can't seem to be able to do it.
    Also, the DND issue: the ring lights up white for that notification and I can't remove it.

Great job on this app. Thanks!

well technically you can't as the option hasn't been implemented yet i can't afford it, however you can use a workaround by setting each individual app notification to 100% transparency this will make it invisible then just leave the ones you need, it's not the best workaround as it will still light up you just won't see it. it will just be black instead but it will still take over any other notification.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

hi op
    i gout the paid version of ARC, and the ring is not always glowing on AOD.
    sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't (when phone is on AOD and screen off ).
    it does work always when screen is on though.
    I have a exynos version of s10+.
    tried reinstalling the app and allowing all the permisions needed. what am i missing here? and is there a way to turn off the ring when screen is on?
    thank you

you need to use a third party always on display or use the beta override function which will just force a black screen but it will also force a fingerprint icon for some reason so using a third party aod is best

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

hi op
    i gout the paid version of ARC, and the ring is not always glowing on AOD.
    sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't (when phone is on AOD and screen off ).
    it does work always when screen is on though.
    I have a exynos version of s10+.
    tried reinstalling the app and allowing all the permisions needed. what am i missing here? and is there a way to turn off the ring when screen is on?
    thank you

Thanks for the app, I have donated to try
    Firstly this is a good app, not far from the best

Couple of things holding me back though

1. This doesn't seem to work on AOD at all? The animations are great with the screen on but don't work on AOD?

2. Be nice to see some different effects added instead of just glowing...

Back to Holey Light at least until number 1 is fixed

use a third party always on display app such as always on amoled for properly working aod please report back

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Hi, digging the app on my s10e, one thing I find is at night when do not disturb comes on as scheduled it lights up with a white ring and defeats the point of DND. Any idea how I can disable that behavior?

if you mean the dnd notification causing a white light you can go to per app notifications and find the notification causing it (hold on the dnd notification to see which name is causing it) then just make it black this will make it invisible for example if you don't want facebook notifications and have no idea what facebook is called in the applist simply hold on the notification to get the correct name.

i apologize for late responses i do not monitor this thread at all i thought it was dead