• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[App] Arnova8G2's Google Camera Port

zaqm

Apr 8, 2017
Hi @Arnova8G2,
the video stabilization is not working correctly on Mi note 3 (Android 9) with Arnova8G2 (Beta): Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2beta4.190630.0030.apk . The videos are very shaky. I don't know if a logcat or a test video is necessary - if you need one I'll upload it.
Thanks for your great work!
P.S: it's the same on Gcam 6.1.021 v1.6

Last edited:

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Hi @Arnova8G2, from your beta versions based on Gcam 6.2.030, the only one that works with both the normal and wide aux cameras of the Galaxy S10 series is Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2beta3.190624.0200.apk. This is also the only Gcam 6.2.030 version that supports the two S10 cameras out of all the modders. Your newer 2.2 beta 3's only works with the main camera and the switch button doesn't do anything. Your latest 2.2 beta 4 will force close the app if I try to switch to the wide angle.

Reactions: cristiansc93

Zayatoshi

Aug 25, 2014
FRANCE
Hi
In the last Chancelog of the version (Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6.190614.0200.apk)
it says "Add ultra-resolution compatibility (48Mpx)."

How does one to activate it in the settings of photos, I do not see this option?
[

Last edited:
Reactions: anonymity_antim

curiousGeorge

Feb 17, 2008
Saint Paul, MN
Lib loader no longer works for 6.1 series (Advanced 1.6) for any phones. (For more information, see here, second section: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/post-03/) Advanced V1.6 is still the highest quality variant for Samsung devices. Advanced V1.6 (6.1 series GCam) has an "Autoexposure correction" and "Correction NightSight" which are extremely effective for longer exposures and getting truly incredible still photos at low ISO in any light (with steady hands).

@Arnova8G2
Could you make an update to the Advanced V1.6 series to re-enable lib loading with the new LibLoader API keys? (With fresh install, "Get updates" no longer does anything and no libraries are available on any device).

Of course, the newer "Advanced 2.x" series would be perfect too if you re-introduced this feature, because the exposure sliders are completely broken on Samsung devices and that one feature (the exposure correction) remains the greatest feature of any camera app I've ever used.

Last edited:

zhka

Nov 12, 2010
@Arnova8G2: Latest beta works fine with Sony xz2c (talking about photo part, even on 17mpx).
Is there a chance to add pro mode (with manual focus) option in your mod (custom rom on sony at this time have trouble with continuous af)?

Reactions: mcraeally44

JonasSavimbi

Jan 24, 2007
Hello guys. I'm using latest stable version from Arnova (also tried beta) on unrooted Oneplus 5 running Oxygen OS 9.0.6.

The photos come out great but there's a slight frame looking yellowish tint in the bottom and left side of each photo... Has anyone noticed something like this? And if so, is there any solution to this? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Hello guys. I'm using latest stable version from Arnova (also tried beta) on unrooted Oneplus 5 running Oxygen OS 9.0.6.

The photos come out great but there's a slight frame looking yellowish tint in the bottom and left side of each photo... Has anyone noticed something like this? And if so, is there any solution to this? Thanks!

flessompouro

Jan 28, 2019
View attachment 4746182
Changelog:
- Based on the new Google Camera 6.2.024.239729896
- Adding new settings
- Add to 2.4f/1.5f aperture in viewfinder (for samsung by zoran)
- Two-in-one version (simple or advanced). Go to About > Advanced to unlock advanced settings
- Works without google services (Gapps)
- All features work well
- Version does not work with XML files
- Top Shot now works with Google Photos

Mirror Xda:
GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk

Mirror @S4turno :

Mirror drive :Downloading...

Many thanks to @S4turno for this thread, his website and all the time and works make a donation to maintain are website : Here
Many thanks to the users who made donations.
hello,
I would like to ask about galaxy s9 plus (exynos) which is the last Gcam who works properly?

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
New version of google camera is out on apkmirror

Version 6.3.017.253834016
- Night Sight option is now standalone, to the left of Portrait.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...amera-6-3-017-253834016-android-apk-download/
It will take a while to modify the code to be more compatible for other devices.
Big thanks @Arnova8G2 for hard work. :good:
More details of the new version
https://9to5google.com/2019/07/03/google-camera-night-sight-move/
Edit: Also, arnova just got op7 pro today from oneplus. Expect some development soon.

Last edited:

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
@Arnova8G2: Unfortunately I'm getting a FC as soon as I start the app.
I'm using a Xiaomi Mi6 with LOS 16 and without GApps (Google Services) or microG.
Log for version Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6.190614.0200.apk
Log for version Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.1.190614.0200.apk
It would be great if we could use the ports without GApps. Anyway: Thanks for your work!

@Arnova8G2 I now tried it with an Samsung Galaxy S9 (Exynos) and LOS 16 - the error stays the same.
It seems as if the App is still trying to reach Google Services when launching.

Log for version Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6.190614.0200.apk
Code:
FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: org.codeaurora.snapcam, PID: 5091
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.google.android.apps.camera.legacy.app.app.CameraApp: java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to find provider com.google.android.gsf.gservices for user 0; expected to find a valid ContentProvider for this authority
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5925)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1100(ActivityThread.java:200)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1656)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6718)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:858)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to find provider com.google.android.gsf.gservices for user 0; expected to find a valid ContentProvider for this authority
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:1950)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1918)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1868)
at android.content.IContentService$Stub$Proxy.registerContentObserver(IContentService.java:779)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:1973)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:1962)
at kas.a(Unknown Source:34)
at kas.b(Unknown Source:3)
at kas.a(Unknown Source:0)
at com.google.android.apps.camera.legacy.app.app.CameraApp.onCreate(Unknown Source:33)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1154)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5920)
... 8 more
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
at com.android.server.content.ContentService.registerContentObserver(ContentService.java:340)
at android.content.IContentService$Stub.onTransact(IContentService.java:76)
at com.android.server.content.ContentService.onTransact(ContentService.java:262)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:731)
Log for version Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.1.190614.0200.apk:
Code:
FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.google.android.GoogleCamera, PID: 6067
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.google.android.apps.camera.legacy.app.app.CameraApp: java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to find provider com.google.android.gsf.gservices for user 0; expected to find a valid ContentProvider for this authority
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5925)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1100(ActivityThread.java:200)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1656)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6718)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:858)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to find provider com.google.android.gsf.gservices for user 0; expected to find a valid ContentProvider for this authority
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:1950)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1918)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1868)
at android.content.IContentService$Stub$Proxy.registerContentObserver(IContentService.java:779)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:1973)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:1962)
at lof.a(Unknown Source:34)
at lof.b(Unknown Source:3)
at lof.a(Unknown Source:0)
at com.google.android.apps.camera.legacy.app.app.CameraApp.onCreate(Unknown Source:24)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1154)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5920)
... 8 more
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
at com.android.server.content.ContentService.registerContentObserver(ContentService.java:340)
at android.content.IContentService$Stub.onTransact(IContentService.java:76)
at com.android.server.content.ContentService.onTransact(ContentService.java:262)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:731)
I would be so happy if there would be a fix that doesn't need GApps / Google Services.
Cheers!

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I would be so happy if there would be a fix that doesn't need GApps / Google Services.
Cheers!
Just in case i'm not the only one: It seems i found a hacky workaround for now - if you want to use neither GApps nor microG in the system.
  • Get microG Services Core with version 0.2.4 from here or from F-Droid after adding the repository.
  • Install the app and give no permissions at all. Even deny internet access for microG Services Core .
  • Don't use a newer version and never update the app, since other apps will stop working.
  • Now install the gcam port of your choice and start using it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerii

drexhex

Apr 24, 2013
Hi @Arnova8G2, from your beta versions based on Gcam 6.2.030, the only one that works with both the normal and wide aux cameras of the Galaxy S10 series is Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2beta3.190624.0200.apk. This is also the only Gcam 6.2.030 version that supports the two S10 cameras out of all the modders. Your newer 2.2 beta 3's only works with the main camera and the switch button doesn't do anything. Your latest 2.2 beta 4 will force close the app if I try to switch to the wide angle.
I just tried the latest beta and it is working on my S10+ when others did not
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog575/

MrRubik20

Mar 5, 2019
I am looking to squeeze everything I can out of my Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. I've been reading a lot about gcam ports, but I'm having trouble understanding it all and I'm hoping you all can help. I am running the latest build of LineageOS 16 on a Mi Mix 2. I'm wanting to use the best camera possible. The Google Camera is available in my play store. Is this the same thing as the gcam ports, and if not, why not? Do I need to enable cam2api in order to use gcam on my device with LOS 16? I know that everyone has to have cam2api enabled to use gcam, but someone told me that most custom ROMS already have it enabled. Is this the case? I ran a cam2api checker app, and most things checked out green, but a couple were red and I'm not sure if they are important things. I have several different cam2api enablers. Are they universal or device specific? A few Magisk modules I've seen are device specific, but some of the enablers appear to be universal. If I do need to enable it, is it best to enable cam2api by editing build.prop or using one of the TWRP/Magisk enablers? And finally, does anyone know which gcam is best for the Mi Mix 2? Sorry about all the questions but I have spent countless hours reading and trying to find exact answers. I just can't find them so any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland
Hello, @Arnova8G2. I am facing still still with random crashes, especially in daily days (low iso?)
Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
Android: 9.0 (AOSP Extended)
Logcats: https://pastebin.com/Apd3rAsE
Tested on your latest beta version: Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2beta5.190704.1015.apk
Logcat when crash appeared: https://pastebin.com/Apd3rAsE

You said something about that my device is sending false ISO in that post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79376488&postcount=1712
Is it possible to fix (or bypass?) it in any way? Thank you.

I have disabled Sabre as you said before.

Last edited:

Flash mord

Aug 19, 2015
@arnova8g2 OnePlus 6 front cam bug

The latest version of gcam Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.1.190614.0200 has a bug which is there in some previous version too
OnePlus 6 has a 16 mp front camera but if it was shot on gcam it has only 4mp
In the gcam settings front cam resolution max out at 4mp
@Arnova8G2
I'm using OnePlus 6 running on oxygen is beta 21 on pie

Attachments

Flash mord

Aug 19, 2015
@arnova8g2 OnePlus 6 front cam bug

The latest version of gcam Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.1.190614.0200 has a bug which is there in some previous version too
OnePlus 6 has a 16 mp front camera but if it was shot on gcam it has only 4mp
In the gcam settings front cam resolution max out at 4mp
@Arnova8G2
I'm using OnePlus 6 running on oxygen is beta 21 on pie

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone