• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] Arnova8G2's Google Camera Port

Search This thread
@Arnova8G2 Thank you again for your amazing work!

Using the ruler package with a Snapdragon S21 Ultra:

The aux lenses are working properly, but the Auxillary Config is only allowing for three back cameras numbers and not all four lenses. Specifically, the 0.5x, 1x and 10x lenses are enabled by default, the 3x lens is not available.

Is it possible to enable the 3x lens (Camera ID 52) as well?
Using an unlocked Snapdragon S21 Ultra here. Does the viewfinder freeze after a few seconds for you? I can tap a different lens/zoom to get it working again, but it freezes again after a bit.

Also what .XML should I start with for this device?

Using an unlocked Snapdragon S21 Ultra here. Does the viewfinder freeze after a few seconds for you? I can tap a different lens/zoom to get it working again, but it freezes again after a bit.

I'm using the one from this thread. Seems to be working well.
Some other configurations were doing for me what you are describing. Freezing in subpar light conditions, and then starting back up when you changed lenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: acc3d

almsur

Apr 4, 2015
Version 6
based on google camera 8.1.101:

Finally a stable version:

- Many new features
- Optimizations and better management of codes.
- Added AUX mode with button detection
- Everything can be set in Advanced menu > Auxiliary, Stream config, Ram patcher, Noise modele, custom lib, xml
- Fixed several bugs

Tested on my devices and works well
Oneplus3T, Oneplus5T, Oneplus6, Oneplus7Pro, Oneplus7tPro, Oneplus8Pro, Oneplus8T, S20 Ultra, Poco x2, Poco x3, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Zenfone6

A big thank you to a whole team of dev
BSG, Eszdman, Savitar, Zoran, cstark27, Urnyx05, Wichaya, r0m10, Julian Tsependa ,AndreyZo ,I_User_X, overwhelmer, UltraM8, RealJohnGalt, Wyroczen, MarcoChr, Abhi Shake, archesolus, TlnNeun, namok, fu24, Marcello, Tadi777 and more

Custom Lib by r0m10, Julian Tsependa ,AndreyZo ,I_User_X:
libR1_01v3.3.so , lib_R1_01Final.so , libgcastart_a.so

Problema con OEM y AUX

Samsung :
GoogleDrive: Ruler_GCam_6.210329.0034build-8.1.101.apk

Snapcam:
GoogleDrive: Snap_GCam_6.210329.0153build-8.1.101.apk

No-AUX-Mod para google
GoogleDrive: NoAux_GCam_6.210329.0037build-8.1.101.apk

Lista de dispositivos activados para esta versión
OneplusNord, Oneplus8T, Oneplus8Pro, Oneplus7Pro, Oneplus7tPro, S20 Ultra, Poco x3, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Zenfone6
Mi9TPro, Mi 10 ultra, Mi Note 10 pro, Mi Note 10 lite, Mi 10, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Oppo Find x2 Pro, Realmex2pro
Redfin Pixel5, zarza Pixel4a (5G), pez luna Pixel4a, coral Pixel4XL, llama Pixel4, bonito Pixel3aXL, sargo Pixel3a, rayado Pixel3XL, blueline Pixel3, taimen Pixel2XL, lucioperca Pixel2
OnePlus 8, Mi9, S10 Lite, S20 plus, ROG Phone 3, Zenfone 7 Pro, Poco M2 Pro / Redmi Note 9S, Mi9T / RedmiK20
Oneplus3 / 3T, Oneplus5 / 5T, Oneplus6 / 6T, Oneplus7 / 7T / 7Pro 5G, Oppo Reno 10x, Mi9T / RedmiK20, Realme6, Realme 7 Pro, S10 plus, S20 FE, S8, A71, S A70, S9 +, Razer, S21u, MI Mix3, Mix2s, MI 11
Is it possible to add the option to change the exposure time? Like in the Nikitas GCam. Thank you.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
Brother, I loved the XML files you shared especially the advanced one the shots are great I used them on my 7t but I can seem to switch between the aux cameras after using ur XML and even the shots are great the viewfinder does not seem to focus properly with choppy blur do have any suggestions or settings to be changed it would be really helpful, I'm using the latest apk shared Snapcam

It's for 8T only, and works fine here, even after wiping app data and applying the XML from scratch after enabling All Files Storage Permission.

Ok
Alright brother still it didn't seem to work here :(

Oh wait, just realized you're right! Wide isn't the real Wide with the released stable V6 GCam, it's just like Main gets zoomed a little or something. 🤔

It's like that regardless of settings, so I guess it's a last minute regression @Arnova8G2. 😕

Here's the last pre-release test build I was using. It doesn't have this issue. Still use it with my .xml for best results on 8T due to the things I noted in my XML post. 👍

[ Attachment removed since I was mistaken, Wide works, you just need to zoom out again after switching ]

Last edited:

Abrar551

May 14, 2014
based on google camera 8.1.101:

Finally a stable version:

- Many new features
- Optimizations and better management of codes.
- Added AUX mode with button detection
- Everything can be set in Advanced menu > Auxiliary, Stream config, Ram patcher, Noise modele, custom lib, xml
- Fixed several bugs

Tested on my devices and works well
Oneplus3T, Oneplus5T, Oneplus6, Oneplus7Pro, Oneplus7tPro, Oneplus8Pro, Oneplus8T, S20 Ultra, Poco x2, Poco x3, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Zenfone6

A big thank you to a whole team of dev
BSG, Eszdman, Savitar, Zoran, cstark27, Urnyx05, Wichaya, r0m10, Julian Tsependa ,AndreyZo ,I_User_X, overwhelmer, UltraM8, RealJohnGalt, Wyroczen, MarcoChr, Abhi Shake, archesolus, TlnNeun, namok, fu24, Marcello, Tadi777 and more

Custom Lib by r0m10, Julian Tsependa ,AndreyZo ,I_User_X:
libR1_01v3.3.so, lib_R1_01Final.so,libgcastart_a.so

Problem with OEM and AUX

Samsung :
GoogleDrive : Ruler_GCam_6.210329.0034build-8.1.101.apk

Snapcam :
GoogleDrive : Snap_GCam_6.210329.0153build-8.1.101.apk

No-AUX-Mod for google
GoogleDrive : NoAux_GCam_6.210329.0037build-8.1.101.apk

List of devices activated for this version
OneplusNord, Oneplus8T, Oneplus8Pro, Oneplus7Pro, Oneplus7tPro, S20 Ultra, Poco x3, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Zenfone6
Mi9TPro, Mi 10 ultra, Mi Note 10 pro, Mi Note 10 lite, Mi 10, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Oppo Find x2 Pro, Realmex2pro
redfin Pixel5, bramble Pixel4a(5G), sunfish Pixel4a, coral Pixel4XL, flame Pixel4, bonito Pixel3aXL, sargo Pixel3a, crosshatch Pixel3XL, blueline Pixel3, taimen Pixel2XL, walleye Pixel2
OnePlus 8, Mi9, S10 Lite, S20 plus, ROG Phone 3, Zenfone 7 Pro, Poco M2 Pro/Redmi Note 9S, Mi9T/RedmiK20
Oneplus3/3T, Oneplus5/5T, Oneplus6/6T, Oneplus7/7T/7Pro 5G, Oppo Reno 10x, Mi9T/RedmiK20, Realme6, Realme 7 Pro, S10 plus, S20 FE, S8, A71, S A70, S9+,Razer, S21u,MI Mix3 , Mix2s, MI 11
It doesn't work on OnePlus Nord and for some reason 1x is the wide angle while as the others don't work. What is the fix?

synapsesburned

Jun 11, 2010

To fix viewfinder freezes, the Stream Config settings need to be set for each lens and shooting mode to EISV2 or EISV3.

The S21U xml posted here fixed the missing 3x lens for me:

Reactions: acc3d

Arnova8G2

Sep 22, 2012
hi arnova, I have a redmi note 8 pro .........
can you logcat, seems same problem as samsungs no raw format on front cam

Hello, I tried on Mi 11 which is "activated" like u said but it still does not work like any other gcam on this phone.. any tips? maybe I need to turn on something in dev options etc. to make it work. thanks in advance!
it is recently that I activated this device, I found a tester to check to correct these bugs

Thank you again for your amazing work!

Using the ruler package with a Snapdragon S21 Ultra:

The aux lenses are working properly, but the Auxillary Config is only allowing for three back cameras numbers and not all four lenses. Specifically, the 0.5x, 1x and 10x lenses are enabled by default, the 3x lens is not available.

Is it possible to enable the 3x lens (Camera ID 52) as well?
OEM problem or you have to use stock cam package name for all AUX and for better use

Hi @Arnova8G2,

Long time I didn't talk to you.
Could you check my thread (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...de-cam-not-shooting-libgcastartup-so.4254053/) and let me know if it's feasible to include this fix on your next releases ?
yes it's true that it's been a long time, custom lib can already help you, I would add a toggle for the activated

s21 users activate stream config and use EIS2 or EIS3 for the modes where it freezes

any chance for adding 3rd party gallery support? Because unfortunately that's a show-stopper for me.
search in dev> use google photo and uncheck but must install a gallery, eg for oneplus is not detected

It doesn't work on OnePlus Nord and for some reason 1x is the wide angle while as the others don't work. What is the fix?
on OnePlus Nord with android 11 none works except wide, but android 10 all aux works perfectly

I've been using the above for about a couple weeks now on my 8T and it's 😙👌

Here is my OP8T basic multicam setup config for Arnova's Stable V6 GCam 8.1.101 (Snap) release, if anyone wants to use it as a base for others. I've also uploaded a bit of a more advanced setup @Arnova8G2 and myself worked out, which is what I use and has all of my usual features setup.🤘

Of note to others making/using configs:

1) Default GID 7 definitely seems bad for noise on 8T Wide. I tried all values 0 to 10. Arnova had Main 0 and Wide 4 in a previous test build and these seem to work well, so that's what I went with.

2) All Files Storage Permission is needed for GCam to function due to the config system, but it doesn't ask for it, so for best experience set it manually before first run and disable permissions auto-revoking.

3) Wide Slowmo crashes out immediately on at least 8T and 7T, seems no way around it at present.

4) Subject tracking and manual focus don't work on Wide, this also seems long-standing, so not sure if it's possible.

Enjoy! 🤠
here is an xml pixel5 mod for 8t,
optimized for topshot
add google stabilizer
and slowmotion that works

Attachments

• 8t_pixel5mod.xml
    12.3 KB · Views: 68

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
here is an xml pixel5 mod for 8t,
optimized for topshot
add google stabilizer
and slowmotion that works
@Arnova8G2 Switching to Wide is still broken in the release build, but going back to your 0308 test build fixes it.

Slowmo on Wide still crashes on your config immediately, so I guess that's not resolved either, and apparently not directly related to whether the Wide is actually in use or not. 🤔

Last edited:

alexferdean

Jun 13, 2012
Galati
I've installed the latest stable on my OP7 Pro. Cleaned storage and gave all permissions
The viewfinder seems very blurry compared to older GCams or OnePlus camera app. I can't seem to be able to make it look normal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210330-181526.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330-181526.jpg
    843.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20210330-181521.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330-181521.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 88

buggleston

Feb 18, 2014
Is there a way to disable the automatic night mode feature that's re-enabled every time GCam is opened? I searched through developer settings and didn't see any obvious candidates - disabling camera.promote_night_sight didn't do anything.

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
Is there a way to disable the automatic night mode feature that's re-enabled every time GCam is opened? I searched through developer settings and didn't see any obvious candidates - disabling camera.promote_night_sight didn't do anything.
I couldn't find a way either, that's why on my config I left it with the old night mode suggestion. 🤷‍♂️

SixArmedPriest

May 7, 2018
Oh wait, just realized you're right! Wide isn't the real Wide with the released stable V6 GCam, it's just like Main gets zoomed a little or something. 🤔

It's like that regardless of settings, so I guess it's a last minute regression @Arnova8G2. 😕

Here's the last pre-release test build I was using. It doesn't have this issue. Still use it with my .xml for best results on 8T due to the things I noted in my XML post. 👍

@S4turno might want it for the site too, I suppose, where it seems less buggy than the release build.
We have it working on Stable Build on 8T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    google-camera.png

Google Camera Port
    by @Arnova8G2

This is a support thread for apks created by Arnova8G2. Here you'll find basic instructions on how to use this port and how to properly report bugs.

Compatibility:
    - The camera2 api needs to be enabled;
    - Most versions only work on Snapdragon SoCs, but some work on Kirin and Exynos processors;
    - 64 bit ROMs are a requirement;
    - Doesn't work on phones without RAW support (eg: some Sony devices);
    - Newer versions may work only on new Android versions. Old versions might be better for old Android versions;

Known issues:
    - FAQs and troubleshooting

- Slow motion is broken on some phones and Android versions;
    - Some devices have issues with their front cameras (eg: OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T). You may have to install a fix (if available for your phone) or disable HDR+ on the front camera (setting only available on some apks);
    - Features on new Google Camera versions may take some time to be ported;

Downloads:
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port.3862448/post-78054159

ARCore and Playground:
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port.3862448/post-78054162

Donations:
    If you want to say "thanks" to Arnova8G2, use his donation link:
    - https://www.paypal.me/fofy

How to report bugs:
    If possible, post on a thread for your phone (check this list or your phone's forum) or here if you can't find a thread for your phone. Please describe the issue and give details about your setup:

- Phone, ROM, any fixes installed;
    - Name of the apk you're using;
    - Screenshots or video recordings of the bug if you're able to;
    - A logcat if there's a crash (How to save a logcat: video guide, advanced guide);
    - Steps to reproduce the bug/crash;
    - Mention @Arnova8G2 username;

- Your report will be ignored if no logs or a good explanation is provided.
    - Arnova8G2 will do his best to fix bugs, but keep in mind that this is a free port and he also has his personal life.

Example of a report:
    @Arnova8G2 Portrait mode crashes on my OnePlus 3 running LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1). I'm using "GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013.apk".
    To reproduce, open the app, go to portrait mode using the front camera, and take a picture.
    Here's the crash log: <google drive link>
    Stable version

Update from the latest version of BSG and TlnNeun
    - Add a toggle to choose Portrait Mode or Lens Blur
    - SlowMotion works on Pie (test on OP6/OP5/Mi5)
    - And other improvements

Stable version on the devices I tested, made tests to find the right setting for your device and share these settings with other users.

MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.3d+_TlnNeun.apk

Many thanks to @Tolyan009 for this version and to BSG

Many thanks to @S4turno for this thread, his website and all the time and works make a donation to maintain are website : Here
    Many thanks to the users who made donations.

* Share and add xml files in /sdcard/GCam/Configs, To use the settings, double tap bottombar "the area around the shutter button" and select
    The settings I share only work for the named devices.

Edit :
    @matzeZe a telegram user shares these settings for OP6t ( with the settings of Google lib + denoise )
    GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3_build.6.1.021

Changelog :
    - Fixed motion focus
    - Fixed Motion photo
    - Night Sight and Photobooth Works on Oreo
    - Faster than previous versions

If your viewfinder is slow, disable "dirty lens"
    For this version now must be compatible with many devices checks the image formats ( RAW_SENSOR ) with the Camera2 Info app

Code:
    Output formats: [RAW_SENSOR, JPEG, PRIVATE, YUV_420_888, RAW_PRIVATE, RAW10]

A big thanks to B-S-G for the night mode for Oreo

For GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3_build.6.1.021

- HDR+ : ( HDR+ Off since version 5.3 it doesn't work)
    --- Back : Enhanced, ON ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : Enhanced, ON ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Portrait Mode :
    --- Back : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - RAW files :
    - Video :
    --- Back : 1080P/AUTO/30FPS/60FPS, 4K/30FPS ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : 1080P/AUTO/30FPS/60FPS ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Flash :
    --- Back : OFF, Auto, Forced ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : OFF, Auto, Forced ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Night Sight :
    - Motion photo :
    - Top Shot :
    --- Back : Works on custom rom with GooglePhotos (Daydream) ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : Works with GooglePhotos (Daydream) ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Timer : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Face retouching : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Motion Auto Focus : Works ( Pie )
    - Google Lens suggestions : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Panorama : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Photo Sphere : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Super Res Zoom : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Slow motion : Works on some device. ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Photobooth : Works. ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Burst : Not available
    - Lens blur : Not available

Google drive :
    GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3_build.6.1.021.apk

Xda mirror :
    All GCam_Pixel3Mod
    @S4turno's mirror :
    All GCam_Pixel3Mod

Bug with the front camera for OP6.
    I don't forget the samsung users, I received a lot of messages to fix this version.
    @Tolyan009 I will work on this version because it is faster on a device with a little RAM would add B-S-G setting and miniuser123 setting.

Many thanks to @S4turno for this thread, his website and all the time and works make a donation to maintain are website : Here
    News GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.4.032219.1950

ChangeLog :
    - Fixed SlowMotion
    - Fixed normal/tele/wide angle/super wide/dualcamera mod by @fu24 ( If the aux camera is off long press is open setting)
    - Added in the Samsung CameraAPI2 menu, Fix ISO Limit ( OFF, Medium, High)
    - Added shortcuts by @back.rider555
    - Fixed shortcut crashes when Photobooth
    - Fixed crashes when switching portrait to camera or Night sight
    - Added lens blur resolution
    - Now new devices are compatible
    - Fixed some bugs in the logcat received
    - And some code cleaning

Stable version for tested devices

GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.4.032219.1950.apk

Name change for dev who want to work on this version.
    If possible, keep the codes so that other devices can benefit from your improvements.

GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013

Changelog :
    - Fixed green tint on front camera for some device.
    - Fixed crash instantly when open the app on some device.
    - Fixed focus in Night
    - Deleting the folder for portrait mode
    - Fixed Touch focus on some device.
    - Fixed black viewfinder in Night on android 8.1 works on some device ( by B-S-G )
    - And some stability correction.

- For Night Sight on android 8.1 :
    -- the viewfinder is green but it works

- For the device on viewfinder lags
    -- select HDR off after HDR +Enhanced

For GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013
    - HDR+ : ( HDR+ Off since version 5.3 it doesn't work)
    --- Back : Enhanced, ON
    --- Front : Enhanced, ON
    - Portrait Mode :
    --- Back : Works
    --- Front : Works
    - RAW files :
    - Video :
    --- Back : 1080P/AUTO/30FPS/60FPS, 4K/30FPS
    --- Front : 1080P/AUTO/30FPS/60FPS
    - Flash :
    --- Back : OFF, Auto, Forced
    --- Front : OFF, Auto, Forced
    - Night Sight :
    - Timer : Works
    - Face retouching : Works
    - Motion Auto Focus : Works
    - Google Lens suggestions : Works
    - Panorama : Works
    - Photo Sphere : Works
    - Zoom : Works
    - Top Shot :
    --- Back : Works on custom rom with GooglePhotos(Daydream)
    --- Front : Works with GooglePhotos(Daydream)
    - Super Res Zoom : Broken
    - Slow motion : Works on some device.
    - Photobooth : Works on some device.
    - Burst : Broken
    - Group Selfie : Not available
    - Lens blur : Not available

GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013.apk

Xda mirror
    GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013.apk

*Sorry for the reports and logcat of today's.

For the next version
    I will work on fixing bugs on OP5/OP5T for the donors.
    There will be 2 versions, one similar of Google and the other with the additional B-S-G setting and miniuser123 setting.