• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] Arnova8G2's Google Camera Port

Search This thread

fattox

Jul 5, 2011
tried last version (MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_V1.3.030119.0645) with S8 Exynos and it worked for the back camera. But front gets black screen

WillLeung

Nov 17, 2017
GZ
For me I notice the image texture of two apks on 1st March is not at all as sharp as the old one on 30 Dec no matter what seetings applied, I guess that's due to denoise algorithm changes? Noise is significantly reduced in 1st March versions though, especially for darker area of the image. I would go with both versions for now in different scenes and wait for future versions test. Cheers again for Arnova8G2 for what possibilities he brought!

Last edited:

reservation31

Mar 10, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Google camera 6.1 night xml file and day xml file

I have downloaded the google camera 6.1 on my samsung galaxy note 8 eynos with root and pie. I can get photos to take in camera. When i try to take a photo using nightmode or portrait the photo takes but picture is white. Has anyone got settings i can use on my phone or could i have some config. xml files to import to my phone to try. Thanks

Last edited:

EMJI79

Sep 7, 2014
Paris
OnePlus 9 Pro
Mine is not laggy at all. When I remove the previous versions I force close app, clear cache, clear data then uninstall. I also clear data cache in app installer in system app, for the close camera. I also clear memory from device manager. shut the device off and enter in boot mode to wipe cache partition. Once all that is done then I re-install clean version and set my settings.

I have done the big mistake of uninstalling multiple versions of gcam without clearing cache prior to the uninstall.

What should I do now?

I cannot install a new version I want to...

waylo

May 9, 2010
That's odd, as it shouldn't matter as long as you've uninstalled all Gcams. Are you sure you uninstalled ALL your gcam clones?

Nour Sherif

Nov 19, 2012
Alexandria
Help changing the package name

Hello devs,
Thank you so much for your work on Gcam.
I know probably this is not something to ask about here, but I don't know a better thread for that matter.

I just wanted to ask you what method do you use to change the package name of Google Camera, if possible maybe post a guide about it

I own Nexus 6P running stock android 8.1 and I'm not able modify the ROM/unlock the bootloader as I currently have important data that I will not be able to restore after the inevitable unlocking wipe

As Camera NX is probably dead I'm trying to find an alternative gcam usable on my 6P,
I tried many versions but obviously it's not working properly for Nexus or conflicts with existing Google Camera,
I've been trying to modify Arnova's gcam package name to not conflict with the stock Google Camera, I tried Apk editor, App cloner, and even tried a bit with apk tool using an outdated guide on XDA but didn't generate a package that's installable/working.
My best results so far crash on start.

So I was hoping you can help me with that issue

TL;DR
I was wondering if you can tell me what steps are used to successfully change the gcam's package name without messing up the app.

Last edited:

EMJI79

Sep 7, 2014
Paris
OnePlus 9 Pro
That might be your problem. Though I don't know for sure as I don't have the Pixel.

You can take the new apk, use appcloner (https://appcloner.app/) to clone it, and install that clone.

I will try this and report, thanks.

It works!
Thanks a lot.
The modded camera app I used completed install. It force closed a time or two but I think I solved ghetto issue by accepting location access for the app.

Edit 2: granting location access didn't solve the force close issue.
It seems that the app closes when I am too much shaking the phone while opening the app. Don't know.

Last edited:

sandeepkubbe

Nov 9, 2013
Bug report: Aperture switch on Note 9 Snapdragon

@Arnova8G2
Samsung Note 9 Snapdragon
Stock Pie (Official)
Issue:
Aperture change not working
Hi man, i've been following your ports for my Note 9 snapdragon. I'm using MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_V1.3.030119.0645.apk port. Inside the main camera settings, under the Samsung camera2api settings. there is an option to switch the aperture. Do you know what is causing that issue?
Thanks
By the way, great work man

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

[/COLOR @Arnova8G2
Samsung Note 9 Snapdragon
Stock Pie (Official)
Issue:
Aperture change not working
Hi man, i've been following your ports for my Note 9 snapdragon. I'm using MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_V1.3.030119.0645.apk port. Inside the main camera settings, under the Samsung camera2api settings. there is an option to switch the aperture. Do you know what is causing that issue?
Thanks
By the way, great work man

Last edited:

Cashreedhar

Nov 19, 2011
New York
Note 9 - Thanks for another big update

@Arnova8G2
Thank you so much for another big update and the app works with most new features on my Snapdragon Note 9. I have been testing all the apps as soon as they are out and this is the only app that is working perfectly after beta 6. Using the app from a week now and here is my report:
1. Slow motion - this is the only feature that is still not working (same with beta 6)
2. The app performance overall is around 0.5 seconds slower than beta 6 app.
3. Aperture control works perfectly (exif verified). I wish there is an option to add the toggle button. With smaller aperture, more details are visible (1/3 slower shutter)
4. New libs are worth experimenting. I noticed some other apps have more lib options and hope to try in the future.
5. All the Samsung Camera APIs I tested worked fine. Some API settings are advanced and some are under Samsung Camera API. I wish all those were under Samsung Camera API.
6. The new menu for version is very nice
7. Thanks for the OIS function toggle
8. Using Sabre toggle - Is this to use sabre camera trigger?
9. Pixel 3 color transform is very helpful toggle

Sergykm

Nov 1, 2012
Rivne
News MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun version :
Hello @Arnova8G2. Thanks for the new version, but in new version hdr+ and hdr++ doesn't work on samsung s9+ snapdragon. It take photo but witout hdr processing, I tried different configs and camera models but without success.
Can you fix it? If you need any testing or help I can do it. In previous version hdr++ works well.

cirogg

Dec 3, 2018
Hello @Arnova8G2. Thanks for the new version, but in new version hdr+ and hdr++ doesn't work on samsung s9+ snapdragon. It take photo but witout hdr processing, I tried different configs and camera models but without success.
Can you fix it? If you need any testing or help I can do it. In previous version hdr++ works well.

Same phone, same problem. I had to go with other version.

zergow

Nov 9, 2014

S9+ snapdragon here and working perfectly. This are my settings, i use pixel xl for better night photos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190320-105158_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20190320-105158_Camera.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2,216
  • Screenshot_20190320-105230_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20190320-105230_Camera.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 2,198

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    google-camera.png

Google Camera Port
    by @Arnova8G2

This is a support thread for apks created by Arnova8G2. Here you'll find basic instructions on how to use this port and how to properly report bugs.

Compatibility:
    - The camera2 api needs to be enabled;
    - Most versions only work on Snapdragon SoCs, but some work on Kirin and Exynos processors;
    - 64 bit ROMs are a requirement;
    - Doesn't work on phones without RAW support (eg: some Sony devices);
    - Newer versions may work only on new Android versions. Old versions might be better for old Android versions;

Known issues:
    - FAQs and troubleshooting

- Slow motion is broken on some phones and Android versions;
    - Some devices have issues with their front cameras (eg: OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T). You may have to install a fix (if available for your phone) or disable HDR+ on the front camera (setting only available on some apks);
    - Features on new Google Camera versions may take some time to be ported;

Downloads:
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port.3862448/post-78054159

ARCore and Playground:
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port.3862448/post-78054162

Donations:
    If you want to say "thanks" to Arnova8G2, use his donation link:
    - https://www.paypal.me/fofy

How to report bugs:
    If possible, post on a thread for your phone (check this list or your phone's forum) or here if you can't find a thread for your phone. Please describe the issue and give details about your setup:

- Phone, ROM, any fixes installed;
    - Name of the apk you're using;
    - Screenshots or video recordings of the bug if you're able to;
    - A logcat if there's a crash (How to save a logcat: video guide, advanced guide);
    - Steps to reproduce the bug/crash;
    - Mention @Arnova8G2 username;

- Your report will be ignored if no logs or a good explanation is provided.
    - Arnova8G2 will do his best to fix bugs, but keep in mind that this is a free port and he also has his personal life.

Example of a report:
    @Arnova8G2 Portrait mode crashes on my OnePlus 3 running LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1). I'm using "GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013.apk".
    To reproduce, open the app, go to portrait mode using the front camera, and take a picture.
    Here's the crash log: <google drive link>
    Stable version

Update from the latest version of BSG and TlnNeun
    - Add a toggle to choose Portrait Mode or Lens Blur
    - SlowMotion works on Pie (test on OP6/OP5/Mi5)
    - And other improvements

Stable version on the devices I tested, made tests to find the right setting for your device and share these settings with other users.

MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.3d+_TlnNeun.apk

Many thanks to @Tolyan009 for this version and to BSG

Many thanks to @S4turno for this thread, his website and all the time and works make a donation to maintain are website : Here
    Many thanks to the users who made donations.

* Share and add xml files in /sdcard/GCam/Configs, To use the settings, double tap bottombar "the area around the shutter button" and select
    The settings I share only work for the named devices.

Edit :
    @matzeZe a telegram user shares these settings for OP6t ( with the settings of Google lib + denoise )
    GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3_build.6.1.021

Changelog :
    - Fixed motion focus
    - Fixed Motion photo
    - Night Sight and Photobooth Works on Oreo
    - Faster than previous versions

If your viewfinder is slow, disable "dirty lens"
    For this version now must be compatible with many devices checks the image formats ( RAW_SENSOR ) with the Camera2 Info app

Code:
    Output formats: [RAW_SENSOR, JPEG, PRIVATE, YUV_420_888, RAW_PRIVATE, RAW10]

A big thanks to B-S-G for the night mode for Oreo

For GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3_build.6.1.021

- HDR+ : ( HDR+ Off since version 5.3 it doesn't work)
    --- Back : Enhanced, ON ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : Enhanced, ON ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Portrait Mode :
    --- Back : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - RAW files :
    - Video :
    --- Back : 1080P/AUTO/30FPS/60FPS, 4K/30FPS ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : 1080P/AUTO/30FPS/60FPS ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Flash :
    --- Back : OFF, Auto, Forced ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : OFF, Auto, Forced ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Night Sight :
    - Motion photo :
    - Top Shot :
    --- Back : Works on custom rom with GooglePhotos (Daydream) ( Oreo /Pie )
    --- Front : Works with GooglePhotos (Daydream) ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Timer : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Face retouching : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Motion Auto Focus : Works ( Pie )
    - Google Lens suggestions : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Panorama : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Photo Sphere : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Super Res Zoom : Works ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Slow motion : Works on some device. ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Photobooth : Works. ( Oreo /Pie )
    - Burst : Not available
    - Lens blur : Not available

Google drive :
    GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3_build.6.1.021.apk

Xda mirror :
    All GCam_Pixel3Mod
    @S4turno's mirror :
    All GCam_Pixel3Mod

Bug with the front camera for OP6.
    I don't forget the samsung users, I received a lot of messages to fix this version.
    @Tolyan009 I will work on this version because it is faster on a device with a little RAM would add B-S-G setting and miniuser123 setting.

Many thanks to @S4turno for this thread, his website and all the time and works make a donation to maintain are website : Here
    News GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.4.032219.1950

ChangeLog :
    - Fixed SlowMotion
    - Fixed normal/tele/wide angle/super wide/dualcamera mod by @fu24 ( If the aux camera is off long press is open setting)
    - Added in the Samsung CameraAPI2 menu, Fix ISO Limit ( OFF, Medium, High)
    - Added shortcuts by @back.rider555
    - Fixed shortcut crashes when Photobooth
    - Fixed crashes when switching portrait to camera or Night sight
    - Added lens blur resolution
    - Now new devices are compatible
    - Fixed some bugs in the logcat received
    - And some code cleaning

Stable version for tested devices

GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.4.032219.1950.apk

Name change for dev who want to work on this version.
    If possible, keep the codes so that other devices can benefit from your improvements.

GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013

Changelog :
    - Fixed green tint on front camera for some device.
    - Fixed crash instantly when open the app on some device.
    - Fixed focus in Night
    - Deleting the folder for portrait mode
    - Fixed Touch focus on some device.
    - Fixed black viewfinder in Night on android 8.1 works on some device ( by B-S-G )
    - And some stability correction.

- For Night Sight on android 8.1 :
    -- the viewfinder is green but it works

- For the device on viewfinder lags
    -- select HDR off after HDR +Enhanced

For GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013
    - HDR+ : ( HDR+ Off since version 5.3 it doesn't work)
    --- Back : Enhanced, ON
    --- Front : Enhanced, ON
    - Portrait Mode :
    --- Back : Works
    --- Front : Works
    - RAW files :
    - Video :
    --- Back : 1080P/AUTO/30FPS/60FPS, 4K/30FPS
    --- Front : 1080P/AUTO/30FPS/60FPS
    - Flash :
    --- Back : OFF, Auto, Forced
    --- Front : OFF, Auto, Forced
    - Night Sight :
    - Timer : Works
    - Face retouching : Works
    - Motion Auto Focus : Works
    - Google Lens suggestions : Works
    - Panorama : Works
    - Photo Sphere : Works
    - Zoom : Works
    - Top Shot :
    --- Back : Works on custom rom with GooglePhotos(Daydream)
    --- Front : Works with GooglePhotos(Daydream)
    - Super Res Zoom : Broken
    - Slow motion : Works on some device.
    - Photobooth : Works on some device.
    - Burst : Broken
    - Group Selfie : Not available
    - Lens blur : Not available

GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013.apk

Xda mirror
    GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.1_build.6.1.013.apk

*Sorry for the reports and logcat of today's.

For the next version
    I will work on fixing bugs on OP5/OP5T for the donors.
    There will be 2 versions, one similar of Google and the other with the additional B-S-G setting and miniuser123 setting.