[APP] Battery and Dock Widget [v1.1.1] 2011-06-13

Search This thread

mike5065

May 14, 2011
Rebooting did not help, still no widget. App is in manage apps list, looks ok, just no widget. I'm on leaked 3.1.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

Araf

Dec 12, 2010
Jakarta
Thanks for the widget...work perfect on my TF.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
Thanks for the source beeone42!

I have taken it upon myself to style up a new battery for you. A preview should be attached to my post here.

Couple of things to note:

- I've kept my icon(s) the same dimensions as yours to minimize changes on your end
- The charge icon would only be there if charging (obviously)
- The cells inside the battery can be multi-coloured as they are now, or I could make one with all green (different shades/gradients for each level)
- Actual battery container is from Oxygen Team

scar45-tf101-batteryWidget-v01.png

Anyways, let me know what you think and if you'd like me to continue and prepare/replace all of your current images, then send them back.

Hope you like, and thanks again for this great widget!

DevCake

Mar 3, 2008

I have taken it upon myself to style up a new battery for you. A preview should be attached to my post here.

- I've kept my icon(s) the same dimensions as yours to minimize changes on your end
- The cells inside the battery can be multi-coloured as they are now, or I could make one with all green (different shades/gradients for each level)

Anyways, let me know what you think and if you'd like me to continue and prepare/replace all of your current images, then send them back.

Awesome job! Working perfectly on stock 3.1

Any plans for larger sizes?

DroidxRage

Feb 28, 2010

Those battery icons are great.

Would be nice to have 1 in multicolor, and then some color gradient options to match themes (red, blue, green, pink for the ladies, etc).

beeone42

Feb 25, 2007
Paris

[...]

thanks for your work, it looks great

i'm working on adding a settings page, where it will be possible to choose the look of the widget, and i would be very please to include your work

i have asked myself the same when i did my poor design. i think both are nice, maybe the unique color (all green for full, then all yellow, etc...) is easier to read.

so you can do your second proposition... or both if you have a lot of time to waste :p

beeone42

Feb 25, 2007
Paris
I dont get a percentage to show up for my dock anyone else have this issue, its gray and sits a 0%. Its fully charged, Im using Prime v1.4 as my rom

this is a known issue with custom kernels, same problem with text version of the widget:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112391

fix: idk, i need to try prime 1.4 to see what happen.

i don't answer you to try a retail kernel because i don't know what will happen to your rom...

Araf

Dec 12, 2010
Jakarta

Hi Scar45,

Woww..very nice..like it!
Would you mind to share the apk?

Note: I'm on Prime v1.4 and PCB theme

StingRay_

Dec 19, 2010
Dallas

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
Woww..very nice..like it!
Would you mind to share the apk?

Note: I'm on Prime v1.4 and PCB theme

Hi Araf,

Glad you like where I'm headed with this :) Unfortunately, I have not modded any .APKs yet, as this was just a mockup for beeone42's project. I will get my ass in gear soon and send him over the final images, at which point he can incorporate them into the project, and hopefully release a new version.

@beeone42, I hear you about the non-rainbow version (I don't really like it either). I am thinking of making a few diff colour schemes, each with the same colour, different saturation/brightness. I.E. for high --> low battery levels, we'd have a bright --> dark green one, bright --> dark blue one, etc., so that users can pick which they like best and still know the battery level.

If things go smoothly after that, maybe I can help with the actual styling of text in the widget, etc.. as I must warn you I am not a good developer of java code, but more a front-end designer.

Anyways, I'll see what I can whip up over the weekend and surely let you know. BTW, do you prefer to keep the same format of images as your current v1.0.1 source, or should I make a battery 'shell', and separate single images for each colour gradient 'inner cell'? I'm thinking at this point it might be best to just keep the same image format as is now. Maybe the Settings page could let us choose which colour to use too (once I send you all colour versions).

Cheers!

Highland3r

Sep 27, 2009
Yep that is my setup as well forgot to mention I was on a custom kernel. Hopefully it will get worked out soon.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Might be worth contacting the kernel dev's and see if they can incorporate the relevant parts from the stock Asus kernel back into theirs.
Hopefully once Asus release their kernel source a new OC version will be released which has this as standard.

king_dani

Feb 5, 2006
Philly,PA
www.danieljafari.com
i have this problem with dock: everytime i close the transformer on its keyboard dock, the next time i open, both apps (the rudimentary one and this one) fail to show a %, and it can only be corrected by a undock/dock .
any ideas?

Top Liked Posts