[App] Battery Charge Limit control file

Search This thread
For anyone who is rooted and wishes to use the app Battery Charge Limit, this is the control file you need to add to the settings.

1. Open Battery Charge Limit app
2. Open settings (the gear icon in the top right corner)
3. Enable "Configurable CTRL File Data"
4. Click "Configure Control Data"
5. Click "I Understand" on the Advanced Users Only warning
6. Under Set Path to Desired File, type:
Code:
/sys/class/power_supply/battery/device/smartchg_stop_charging
7. Under Set Enabled Value, type:
Code:
8. Under Set Disable Value, type:
Code:
9. Click "UPDATE CTRL FILE DATA"

I have submitted a pull request to the app developer's Github for this control file to be added to the app, but in the mean time users can manually do this to be able to use the app.

Reactions: MyronAz and Mike845
so,this is about the percentage limit or the ampere-voltage limit?

Percentage limit. The app (not developed by me) is designed to limit the maximum charge of the battery to keep the battery health good. Most li-ion battery degradation occurs when the battery is charged up to and/or held at 100% charge. By limiting the maximum charge to like 80% or even 90%, your battery will degrade MUCH slower that normal. The ROG Phone 2 already has a similar feature built in that you can activate, but some people might still prefer to use this app anyway.

Reactions: vagenrider

Einheit-101

Jul 4, 2013
Can someone confirm that this works with ROG Phone 1? I will try it asap and report back. I almost lost hope.

duck from space

Mar 21, 2013
You can otherwise use the built in planned charge limit feature of the phone. Just make it cover the whole day and voila.

ovisoftblue

May 15, 2007
just use this

Don't fret too much. Just use a Chargie (https://chargie.org), it works with both rooted and non-rooted phones. It costs a few bucks, because it involves external hardware, but it works like charm. It even has delayed charging like the iPhones, only much more configurable.

For anyone who is rooted and wishes to use the app Battery Charge Limit, this is the control file you need to add to the settings.

Code:
Code:
Code:

I have submitted a pull request to the app developer's Github for this control file to be added to the app, but in the mean time users can manually do this to be able to use the app.

Last edited:

doork

Jul 2, 2022
But this file will be specific to your phone device. For my motorola E4 I am unable to find such file. It have "status" file . I think this is the file but when I add any content in this file, it immediately overwrite by system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    Code:
    Code:

so,this is about the percentage limit or the ampere-voltage limit?

Percentage limit. The app (not developed by me) is designed to limit the maximum charge of the battery to keep the battery health good. Most li-ion battery degradation occurs when the battery is charged up to and/or held at 100% charge. By limiting the maximum charge to like 80% or even 90%, your battery will degrade MUCH slower that normal. The ROG Phone 2 already has a similar feature built in that you can activate, but some people might still prefer to use this app anyway.