[APP] Battery Status (v4.6.1.1) - Telerik controls, icon sets, globalization and more

Search This thread

SgtdreTheArchangel

Dec 10, 2010
North East Coast
If you're already running a custom rom, you could try this or this to unlock your other "locked" card.

I was not sure if putting in the locked sd crad in to the phone that is up and running wiit a different sd card would work, but I already have the cab sender tool + the tools for x64 / x86.

I will give it a try, but the reason why I could not recover the other sd card is because the phone was in a never ending reboot cycle and when it was not it was just at blank screen showing the battery icon & wifi / 3G icons.

And that is why I wondering if there could have been a conflict with the cab files I installed and this battery tool?

Thank you for the tips and see where I end up.

Dre

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
I was not sure if putting in the locked sd crad in to the phone that is up and running wiit a different sd card would work, but I already have the cab sender tool + the tools for x64 / x86.

I will give it a try, but the reason why I could not recover the other sd card is because the phone was in a never ending reboot cycle and when it was not it was just at blank screen showing the battery icon & wifi / 3G icons.

And that is why I wondering if there could have been a conflict with the cab files I installed and this battery tool?

Thank you for the tips and see where I end up.

Dre

I honestly doubt that it was any cab conflict, imho that is more of a custom rom thing (reboot/stuck at samsung logo).
Another way to recover your card (btw) is to format it in a Symbian phone that supports cards (newer models, like Nokia E series E71, or N series like N9x) or some photo cameras support that too. Some phones/cameras won't see the card at all, though.

noelito

Mar 26, 2009
10 min & 30 min does not consistently update, settings do not save

I periodically have to hit the "update live tile switch" every 10 or 30 minutes and hit save, because it shuts itself off on its own, it's not reliable, although I know I tapped the switch set it to check every 10 minutes and then save, hours will go buy and the live tile hasn't changed and I'll go back into the app and presto it automatically updates.

I've experienced this problem with earlier versions of this app, although its beautifully designed and well thought out because it does not consistently update and doesn't truly save my settings, it magically shuts off on its own, I take it off my start screen and stop using it.

does anybody else experience this buggy issue?

onesikpuppy

Aug 31, 2008
Logan, WV
Figured it out. I uninstalled a bunch of little used apps that used background tasks and boom, working live tile.

re-install didn't work either. Could it be a conflict with another app?

Update- got it working by removing the home brew folders app.

Update 2- and now it's stopped again. Worked well for maybe 1 day after removing folders app.

noelito

Mar 26, 2009
the live tile still stops updating

I have learned to, update and save my settings every time I swap a new battery. I feel I shouldn't have to manage an app every time I switch batteries but I have learned the habit, none the less

jimski

Jan 11, 2009
Florida
I have learned to, update and save my settings every time I swap a new battery. I feel I shouldn't have to manage an app every time I switch batteries but I have learned the habit, none the less

If you leave it at "Update every 30 minutes" you might not have to change/touch anything with a battery swap. But as "update every 10 minutes" breaks some rules, it's the price you have to pay.

noelito

Mar 26, 2009
Ya and I swap batteries so I don't have to charge or plug in my phone, the live tile constantly fails, this is a great app on a great premise it's just too bad it does not consistently update without me doing it myself

Sent from my Titan Tango Terrific using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Leapo

Jan 15, 2011
Finally got tired of dealing with this and uninstalled it. Too much trouble, and it's not getting updates anymore :crying:

jimski

Jan 11, 2009
Florida
Ya and I swap batteries so I don't have to charge or plug in my phone, the live tile constantly fails, this is a great app on a great premise it's just too bad it does not consistently update without me doing it myself

Sent from my Titan Tango Terrific using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Ok, but this is a FREE homebrew app, that "breaks" the Marketplace guidelines for app development. So there are bound to be little nits that may not work perfectly for everyone.

On my Surround, instead of prying off my hard shell and then prying off the back cover to switch out the battery, I simply picked up a few USB battery backups. Now I always have 7800mAh at my disposal. I can walk around the house with them and charge while I use my phone. I don't have a battery option for my L900, so the USB chargers really come in handy. Point is, there are options.

As I only reboot both phones on average once per month, dont have to worry much about losing the Battery Meter live tile. Maybe one in 5 times I have to reactivate the time and set back to update every 10 minutes. Otherwise, the app works perfectly on both phone. Sent a cup of coffee to this dev long ago for his hard work.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Finally got tired of dealing with this and uninstalled it. Too much trouble, and it's not getting updates anymore :crying:

What kind of trouble. Works perfectly on both my phones.

A

Atlant1s

Is it possible to disable the backtile? Or is there coding work needed?

singularity0821

Apr 6, 2011
I am not sure if I am still welcome in this thread after abandoning this project for so long, and there's no excuse after how great you all have been in the months that I have spent working on the app!

I had a very busy time, with a lot to do for work and for university there simply wasn't any time for my own projects anymore. But well as I said before, there's no excuse for just disappearing and I am sorry for that.

I am still very busy, but I will go through all the unread emails and messages and I will answer each one of that even if I am really late with some..

Anyway, I have some good news. I have ported BatteryStatus to WP8, and it already passed certification and should be in the marketplace very soon. (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/battery-status/76c3ebad-935b-4e5c-aab2-9ca63a4f7014) Also, I am working on a completely rewritten version that makes use of all the great WP8 APIs. It should be ready very soon as well. Regarding the old WP7 version, I'll try to also fix some bugs there if it is still needed.

Thanks to those who supported me all the time, to those who find the time to read this and sorry to all of you for taking so much time to return to this project.

dkp1977

Oct 6, 2009
Stolberg
www.opinion-control.de
Glad you're already working on a WP8 version. I always used your app on all my WP7 devices already. Even better that it'll be now an official app. Following your link tells me though that it is designed for 480x800, which isn't supported by Lumia 920. :/ Is that just because it's not available as of yet, or haven't you really changed the supported resolutions?

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using XDA Windows Phone App

singularity0821

Apr 6, 2011
Glad you're already working on a WP8 version. I always used your app on all my WP7 devices already. Even better that it'll be now an official app. Following your link tells me though that it is designed for 480x800, which isn't supported by Lumia 920. :/ Is that just because it's not available as of yet, or haven't you really changed the supported resolutions?

Yes that's right. The current version is just the Windows Phone 7 version that I made compatible with WP8, so it is just the small resolution. The next version will feature all the resolutions, and the different live tile sizes, the lockscreen text and remaining time :)

Reactions: kirk999

dkp1977

Oct 6, 2009
Stolberg
www.opinion-control.de

Yes that's right. The current version is just the Windows Phone 7 version that I made compatible with WP8, so it is just the small resolution. The next version will feature all the resolutions, and the different live tile sizes, the lockscreen text and remaining time :)

That's really good news. :) I hope you'll keep the tile with the changing background color. That has always been my favorite. Let me know if you need a beta tester. I have a dev unlocked Lumia 920.

Reactions: singularity0821
hi, for a while this app works realy well. but after some days of using work stops. No update batterystatus and i can`t switch it on again? I use the last version. my phone is htc mozart

edit...ok just readed that i have to switch on manualy after restart.. thanks it working again

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery Status, based on the DLLImport project by fiinix shows, as the name suggests, the battery status of your phone. It has a Live Tile which is updated about every 10 or 30 minutes (depending on the user's preference).

It shows the percentage on both sides of the tile and a matching icon on the front. You can log the battery data (percent or voltage), show the data on a graph and view a report.

The app also lets you view the current processes and memory usage and you can open the battery saver.

Working for all (Chevron/Developer) unlocked phones. :)

Supported languages as of version 4.6 are: Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean , Polish, Portuguese(Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish.

If you want to translate the app to Finish or Japanese or if you want to improve an existing translation, please use the app translator that is attached here and send me the generated file. Thanks a lot :)

Special thanks to fiinix for DLLimport, to sensboston for his great support, to MJCS for finding the GUID for the battery saver and to all the translators and donators.

New Windows application (History Viewer) by sensboston, which allows you to view the battery data on your PC.

• updates for several languages
    • added another icon set by user elkron

• updates for several languages
    • added 3 more icon sets by user elkron

updated Czech, Danish, French and Russian translation

• added phone info page
    • added new iconset
    • fixed a little issue with the graph
    • app now detects charging status change while it is running
    • added Norewegian, Japanese

v4.5.5.1
    • history will be reset if file can't be read

v4.5.5
    • fixed a bug that prevented logging the history for some region settings (thanks to Snake. and Treach81 for pointing me in the right direction and for testing the fix) Clear the history if you us a region different to en-US for the date!

v4.5.4
    • fixed bug in the Dutch translation that made the app crash
    • updated Telerik controls - graph now properly scrolls in landscape mode

v4.5.3
    • added Dutch and Korean
    • changed update notification
    • added download update button
    • fixed wrong notification in settings
    • changed the way the app looks for updates (should be faster now)

v4.5.2
    • fixed a little issue with the settings page that came with the last update

v4.5.1
    • readded Spanish
    • added translation to toogle buttons in settings

v4.5
    • added a new graph (tap and hold it for more info, pinch to zoom)
    • new report page with pie chart
    • new about page
    • new intro page
    • error reporting
    • choose icon set in settings
    • check for updates
    • Telerik controls
    • removed Dutch, Finish, Greek, Korean and Spanish - will be added again once I get the translations
    • coming soon: version with unsupported languages (Georgian, Slovenian, Croatian)

View attachment 839130View attachment 839131View attachment 839132View attachment 839133View attachment 839134View attachment 839135

Video by user wpxbox (it's tap and hold on the graph for details, and processes can't be killed neither inside or outside the app ;) )

v4.1.1
    • Fixed crash in settings if the background task is disabled. Thanks JosipoGo!

v.4.1
    • added Finnish, Hungarian, Korean and Croatian (although the phone doesn't officially support that so I am not sure if it will work)
    • fixed crash for Dutch version

v.4.0.0
    • added Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, Swedish
    • removed Korean - lost my translator
    • added new graph control
    • added process viewer
    • added report for data
    • added ability to show and log voltage
    • added ability to choose the update interval (10min/30min)
    • added button to open battery saver
    • and a few other improvements

If you upgrade to version 4.x from a version 3.x please make sure to uninstall the old one first.

v3.4.2
    • added Chinese (Simplified)
    • added localized app name for all supported languages
    • fixed background service issue

v3.4.1
    • little adjustment :)
    • fixes for Russian translation

v3.4
    • added Russian, Spanish
    • some small tweaks

v3.3
    • added Czech, Greek and Italian - thanks to everyone who sent me translations. Take a look at the about page ;)
    • another fix for the French translation

v3.2
    • Localized Live Tile text
    • updates for French and Portuguese translation

v3.1
    • Interop Unlock is NOT needed anymore
    • fixed typos in French translation

v3.0
    • added more detailed images for the live tile status
    • added settings page (turn background service on/off , enable logging, show charging status on/off)
    • added option for logging the battery data and showing it in a graph
    • added translations for German, French, Korean, Polish, Portuguese
    • added about page (to thank everyone who helped)

v2.1 added fix for HTC (thanks to sensboston)

v2.0 added Live Tiles and Background Agent

v1.0 first release

Downloads so far for previous versions:
    1.0: ~80
    2.0: 194
    2.1: 709
    3.0: 184
    3.1: 1026
    3.2: 744
    3.3: 3001
    3.4: 183
    3.4.1: 1430
    3.4.2: 6761
    4.0: 3490
    4.1: 4319
    I just finished version 4.0 and I am waiting for the translators now. Then I need to test it a little. Here are a few screenshots, I hope you like it.

View attachment 788882View attachment 788883View attachment 788884
    View attachment 788885View attachment 788886

The main screen buttons and the charging and voltage text can be removed in the settings.

P.S.: If you want the app in Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Japanese, Norwegian or Portuguese (Brazil), now is the time :) Send me a PM if you want to translate the app! All other supported languages are included in v4.0.
    As singularity0821 said, it works perfectly with Omnia 7 ^^x

I join Battery Status & CSharp DLLImport screens ;)

Live Tile would be great :)

I think the other information is quite useless because most of it is 0 :)

I'm working on the Live Tile right now :) I'm having a little problem with referencing DLLImport from another project (which is needed for the background agent) but I hope I can get around that.

This is how it looks so far:

battery1.jpg
    battery2.png

It's a flipping live tile, the status and the icons also change.
    I am not sure if I am still welcome in this thread after abandoning this project for so long, and there's no excuse after how great you all have been in the months that I have spent working on the app!

I had a very busy time, with a lot to do for work and for university there simply wasn't any time for my own projects anymore. But well as I said before, there's no excuse for just disappearing and I am sorry for that.

I am still very busy, but I will go through all the unread emails and messages and I will answer each one of that even if I am really late with some..

Anyway, I have some good news. I have ported BatteryStatus to WP8, and it already passed certification and should be in the marketplace very soon. (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/battery-status/76c3ebad-935b-4e5c-aab2-9ca63a4f7014) Also, I am working on a completely rewritten version that makes use of all the great WP8 APIs. It should be ready very soon as well. Regarding the old WP7 version, I'll try to also fix some bugs there if it is still needed.

Thanks to those who supported me all the time, to those who find the time to read this and sorry to all of you for taking so much time to return to this project.
    v3.3 is out: added Czech, Greek and Italian and fixed French again :)

Thanks to everyone who sent me translations. Take a look at the about page ;)