Since there appears to be no straight solution for this... I don't specifically have a keyboard issue, but I get too many false taps unless I set the sensitivity too low, so I keep Tap Tap disabled until I need it (for screenshots), then activate it with a quick setting button. Far from perfect, but it works far better for me than not having it (using version 0.9 beta for reasons I have mentioned in previous posts).
Tap, Tap is a port of the double tap on back of device gesture from Android 11 to any Android 7.0+ device. It allows you to use the gesture to launch apps, control the device (including pressing the home, back and recents buttons), take a screenshot, toggle the flashlight, open your assistant and more. Using "gates", you're able to block the gesture from working in scenarios such as when the screen is off, when you're on a call, when an app is open and more. It uses an accessibility service to run these tasks and stay running in the background. Tap, Tap uses the same machine learning code and TensorFlow models from the Android 11 builds with the gesture, with code directly lifted from SystemUIGoogle where needed. You can pick from three models in the settings: Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL; allowing you to choose the one that fits your device best. Machine learning allows the gesture to be more accurately detected, and reduces the chance of accidental interactions.
Tap, Tap is currently in beta, and may be slightly buggy. Stay tuned for new features and bug fixes. If you'd like to report a bug or suggest a feature, you can do so in this thread or on the GitHub.
Example video, showing launching the camera on double tap
Changelog for latest bugfix version (0.10.1 Beta):
Previous changelog for 0.10 Beta:
Version 0.10.1 Beta
Have you disabled the "Display off" gate (which is enabled by default)?Hi, thank you for the great app! It works great on display on, but with display off it isn't doing it's function as well on my device.
I have setup simple play pause when display off, but every time I double tap it only read out current time (but quickly interrupted and didn't get finished).
I'm on Poco F3, Android OS, currently on ArrowOS.
- A full rewrite of almost all of the behind the scenes of the app, which should be more stable, compatible and efficient. This means the "Split Service" option has gone and is effectively always enabled, so a notification will be shown (which means less chance the app gets killed). You can long press it to hide it without affecting battery optimisation.
- Accept Call & Reject Call (make sure to disable the call gate if you wish to use Reject to hang up a call)
- Swipe Left, Right, Up & Down (requires secondary gesture service)
- New Gates for foldable devices, for the open and closed state of the device
- Added a Backup & Restore feature, using Storage Access Framework so you can backup and restore directly from Google Drive if you wish
- Added a built in update downloader to workaround the issue where some were unable to download an APK from the app (if you can't download this update, click the "GitHub" link in the app and find the APK in the releases section)
- Improved Battery & Optimisation screen to link off to dontkillmyapp.com for your OEM if available
- Re-shuffled About section to have its own page with full credits for contributors and translators - thank you!
- Fixed a load of bugs including: Triple tap running feedback when gated, Double tap running feedback when set to do nothing and Triple tap enabled, crashes on MIUI and Android 7.0, crashes when an app used in an action or gate is uninstalled
- Removed unused resources & code, reducing the size of the APK by around 1MB
Changelog said:- Added sensitivity option with a slider under the gesture settings (experimental)
- Added option to disable battery optimisation, and some tips on how to make it work on your weird OEM firmwares
- Haptic feedback will now only happen when do not disturb is not enabled (thanks Ashutosh Singh) - there's an option to override this if you want
- Added power menu action (thanks Adrian Campos)
- Moved "Reachability" to Utilities
- Added gates for Keyboard visibility and orientation
- Fixed app picker not showing all apps when selecting for a gate, and the hide system apps doing the exact opposite of what it was supposed to do
- Tweaked UI even more
- Updated translations
Changelog said:Implemented "requirements" (aka "when gates") for actions. This allows you to specify an action to only be run when a condition is met (any gate can be used for this), such as an app running or the display being off - example is below
Added Table gate
Added pocket gate
Added gates for detecting headsets and music playing
Added Sound Profile control - needs do not disturb access, app will prompt you (thanks Ashutosh Singh)
Updated translations & contributors
Changelog said:- Added new Split Screen action which starts split screen
- Added new mock-reachability mode that uses split screen with an empty top half (except for two buttons to open the notifications and quick settings without reaching up)
- Moved declaration of an action's category to TapAction instead of defining each category's items as a list
- Implemented the isAvailable boolean in the picker, which hides Screenshot & Lock Screen on < 9.0. Updated default list to cope with this on < 9.0 (default is now Assistant then Home)
- Migrated to using Tensorflow library rather than the shared library and code taken from SystemUI, hopefully fixing Android 7.0. This will also enable armv7 support.
- Added a bunch of new languages and updates to current ones (now supports English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Ukranian, Vietnamese & Traditional Chinese)