• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[app] (BETA!!!) Otter Browser for Windows on ARM32

Search This thread

Ranomez

Jun 1, 2010
HTC One X+
HTC Desire HD
Just a reminder to everyone that asking for ETAs is usually seen as rude on the high majority of XDA.
And I think especially in our case where the number of devs is limited anyway... We should really avoid situations where the users end up becoming so stressful they decide to drop off... Like it's sadly happened so many times before...

bimwop

Aug 23, 2021
hello - thanks so much for doing this. I have a surface 2 running windows 8.1 rt. I successfully jailbroke it and can install ported .exe files such as 7zip. I'm trying to start the otter browser and am stopped at the finish line due to an issue with the digital signature. does anyone know of a way to overcome this problem?

Reactions: frylockk19

frylockk19

Jul 4, 2020
hello - thanks so much for doing this. I have a surface 2 running windows 8.1 rt. I successfully jailbroke it and can install ported .exe files such as 7zip. I'm trying to start the otter browser and am stopped at the finish line due to an issue with the digital signature. does anyone know of a way to overcome this problem?
You have to run the signtool on all DLLs and Otter's EXE file

Reactions: bimwop

bimwop

Aug 23, 2021
thanks. my experience is that youtube videos start but then the app closes. chess.com I can try to login but then it says it's checking the browser and returns to the login. brainhq.com I can login fine; when I try an exercise it says I need adobe flash. tennis.com and google news work briefly.

this in some ways is a big step forward from ie 11, which will not even engage in logging in, and can't open tennis.com at all.

frylockk19

Jul 4, 2020
thanks. my experience is that youtube videos start but then the app closes. chess.com I can try to login but then it says it's checking the browser and returns to the login. brainhq.com I can login fine; when I try an exercise it says I need adobe flash. tennis.com and google news work briefly.

this in some ways is a big step forward from ie 11, which will not even engage in logging in, and can't open tennis.com at all.
Really glad to hear those are working for you, I'll see what I can do about chess.com not working. As for BrainHQ... errr... Flash is dead..

Reactions: OlirexGamer

Vervol

Dec 7, 2007
Thx for work. On some russian web page like 4pda.to it show bad unicode, i change it but it still show me some shi1t.
When i try load 3dnews it show correct russian unicode but browser close it self

Reactions: frylockk19

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Really glad to hear those are working for you, I'll see what I can do about chess.com not working. As for BrainHQ... errr... Flash is dead..
    Thx for work. On some russian web page like 4pda.to it show bad unicode, i change it but it still show me some shi1t.
    When i try load 3dnews it show correct russian unicode but browser close it self
    UPDATE: if people try to download from the permalink, I am FULLY AWARE that the site is down, infinityfree decided to suspend my account and now I'm migrating hosting. Please give me some time or just use the Google Drive link, it's the same thing.
    Hey all, it's probably been a while since I posted, but as time has went on, I've been working on Otter Browser ports.

It isn't stable, which is why it says BETA! Please say if something isn't working, I'll look at it when I can.

What can it do so far?
    Some sites are more faster than Edge

What can it not do?
    Large JavaScript sites/files. Multimedia was fixed!

How stable exactly is "not stable"?
    Well, it crashes at random. If you go to a site with too much JavaScript it will crash, certain sites just don't work, etc.

Will this all be fixed!
    Of course! I'm working on it as much as I can!

If you want to test it out, let me know how it works, etc, then that would be gladly appreciated, I'm trying to do what I can for the peeps only with an ARM32 device.

Tested sites: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14lQLsQoMKNPalPbF7SQLxCgpOp80a82vM9aeRV6xOd0/edit?usp=sharing

Download link(s):

Latest (permalink)
    https://download.pahaze.net/armv7win/Otter/latest

7/29/2021 build - EARLY MULTIMEDIA BUILD - NO YouTube YET
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TXKqeMRkWY7Y_ejDTXoj-Qs3Fma43amG/view

4/22/2021 build
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UvpJJuombejj_hh15sIyHA-_d2Y_flQZ/view?usp=sharing

How do I install it!!!
    Extract the folder from the 7zip file ANYWHERE. It doesn't matter where it is!
    C:\Program Files; your desktop; you name it, it'll work just fine there. I do plan on making an installer, but for the time being, a folder on your desktop or in your documents or something isn't going to hurt.

Have fun out there!

Just a reminder to everyone that asking for ETAs is usually seen as rude on the high majority of XDA.
    And I think especially in our case where the number of devs is limited anyway... We should really avoid situations where the users end up becoming so stressful they decide to drop off... Like it's sadly happened so many times before...
    Update: MULTIMEDIA works!!! (YouTube doesn't yet due to an issue I'm having.) I will throw the update out later today or tomorrow if possible. I want to try to get YT working :)
    Thanks for that, hope some people will give you feedbacks. I'm so pissed at Microsoft for letting this perfectly working tablet die.