[app] (BETA!!!) Otter Browser for Windows on ARM32

Search This thread

frylockk19

Hello everybody, I came here real quick cause I figured I would give an update so it doesn't seem like I've given up or that this whole project is dead. It's far from it. However, I'm taking time away from QtWebKit to focus on making the libraries built with MXE shared, that way the file sizes of all ported apps (by me, at least) hopefully go down when only one copy of a DLL is needed. The progress is going pretty smoothly, so far. Only a few little hiccups. Here's the current DLL list for anybody curious.

t.png

shitoonn

Mar 4, 2011
Hello everybody, I came here real quick cause I figured I would give an update so it doesn't seem like I've given up or that this whole project is dead. It's far from it. However, I'm taking time away from QtWebKit to focus on making the libraries built with MXE shared, that way the file sizes of all ported apps (by me, at least) hopefully go down when only one copy of a DLL is needed. The progress is going pretty smoothly, so far. Only a few little hiccups. Here's the current DLL list for anybody curious.

View attachment 5656807
thank you so much .we are waiting.

praxis123

Jul 28, 2022
Hi there, I have tried to avoid posting as I am sure this is something obvious.... I installed Windows 10 onto my RT. All works well. I loaded the most recent Otter onto my desktop, and have tried previous version but it keeps saying SSL support is not available or incomplete upon startup. In Otter under the Advanced button it states 'TLS Initialization Failed'. I am not very tech for things like this, and only need this browser to display a 'Dashboard' site so nothing too complex. I went as far as to register the DLL files and added the extras that were posted, but I am likely missing a key step. The browser seems to still work on HTTP sites just fine.

Can anyone provide a hint on what I can try to do next to fix? I read something about signing the program... but that's a bit Greek to me.

frylockk19

Hi there, I have tried to avoid posting as I am sure this is something obvious.... I installed Windows 10 onto my RT. All works well. I loaded the most recent Otter onto my desktop, and have tried previous version but it keeps saying SSL support is not available or incomplete upon startup. In Otter under the Advanced button it states 'TLS Initialization Failed'. I am not very tech for things like this, and only need this browser to display a 'Dashboard' site so nothing too complex. I went as far as to register the DLL files and added the extras that were posted, but I am likely missing a key step. The browser seems to still work on HTTP sites just fine.

Can anyone provide a hint on what I can try to do next to fix? I read something about signing the program... but that's a bit Greek to me.
It's no worries! Is there any way you can show me your Otter folder contents? Namely the libssl and libcrypto DLL files. And signing can be complicated if you're new, but you don't need to do it if you're using Windows 10 or the Audit mode jailbreak. If you're on RT8.1 with Test Mode though, I'll walk you through it.

frylockk19

Hey everybody, I know it's been a while, which is why I wanted to come here and share some absolutely amazing news! Invidious can now run without crashing on the browser. I know it isn't directly YouTube, but you can watch what you want from it. I think it's a great step in the right direction. I'll be releasing a new build soon.

Reactions: shitoonn

shitoonn

Mar 4, 2011
Hey everybody, I know it's been a while, which is why I wanted to come here and share some absolutely amazing news! Invidious can now run without crashing on the browser. I know it isn't directly YouTube, but you can watch what you want from it. I think it's a great step in the right direction. I'll be releasing a new build soon.

come on

Top Liked Posts