[APP][BETA][ROOT][9+] Cloverplay - on screen controls for Game Pass / Stadia

Search This thread

shauns2013

Jan 23, 2013
Just purchased via PayPal the app keeps crashing galaxy s8 plus android 9 will be asking for a refund if this isn't fixed

Last edited:

refi64

Nov 25, 2013
refi64.com
Just purchased via PayPal the app keeps crashing galaxy s8 plus android 9 will be asking for a refund if this isn't fixed

Hey there, I believe I see the issue you mentioned in the Sentry crash logs. I'm currently working on a major internal revamp that should fix this and many other crash issues, but it'll probably be ~2 more weeks or so before it's ready to put up.

Osorio93

Oct 31, 2018
Hi, could you add support for Xbox game pass and Xbox game pass beta apps?? Its working with Stadia app but not with these two, thx

refi64

Nov 25, 2013
refi64.com
Finally, update time has come once again! 0.5 has been released onto XDA Labs and is under review on Google Play with a ton of improvements. Here's the changelog:

Code:
- Controller layout has been redesigned for better ergonomics / comfort
- Support for the new Game Pass and Game Pass Beta apps.
- The method used to run the background service has been completely reworked and should be far more stable now.
- The APKs should all be smaller
- A new trial service is used instead of the previous Trialy
- [EXPERIMENTAL] Support for pressing multiple buttons at once with one finger.
- [EXPERIMENTAL] Support for GeForce Now
- UI responsiveness fixes

Two more things to note: First of all, due to the new trial service, all the trials have been reset. In other words, everyone gets to try it again for two days, even if your trial expired before. Consider it a gift for this taking so long

If you have previously adjusted the layout preferences, I'd advise resetting the app data before trying it out again, since the new layout is a lot more comfortable and, if tweaks are needed for your hand size and phone, they'll likely be different.
@o0TzB0o @shauns2013 @Osorio93 please retry; joystick deadzone is fixed, insane crashes should at least be not as frequent (and, in theory, fewer potential SELinux issues), and the Game Pass apps should now both be supported. If any of your trials expired, they've all been reset as mentioned above in this post.

refi64

Nov 25, 2013
refi64.com
when i enter in game pass dosen´t show the controls.
Any one can help or any one tested?

It's not working on game pass

The update had been rejected from the Play Store due to use of Stadia/Game Pass branding, and due to Hurricane Sally I wasn't able to yet fix it. As of today, it should be widely available, so assuming you're using the Play Store version, please update and try again. I have been personally using it with Game Pass without trouble.

Kroklethon

Mar 9, 2020
Not working on OnePlus 5T rooted with Android 11, nothing shows up. Feeling sad but I still have hope for future updates (doesn't work on beta version too)

LAwLB15

May 4, 2016
my LGV20 is rooted but the latest android version for this phone is 8.0 please add compatibility and I will gladly buy it

tillaz

Jan 20, 2011
Any chance this could work with games on android that don't have touch controls like hotline Miami?

KinGJamP

Mar 8, 2010
grupoforsite.com.br
Xiaomi 12 Pro
I tried to make the purchase via Android Playstore. But the message appears that none of my devices is compatible with the APP.

I use a Xiaomi Mi A3 with root.

Either way, this topic seems to be abandoned by the developer.

killerlearner

May 4, 2020
Hey how can we download it now. In playstore also we are unable to purchase and XDA lab is down. So can you please share its apk. It will be great if you can or any other way I can pay you to get this apk.
Thanks for help in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    Cloverplay lets you play XBox Game Pass and Stadia games on Android using on-screen touch controls.

Images
    stadia.png

xcloud.png

Installation instructions
    Please see the website for installation information.

Download

Changelog
    Code:
    Current changelog: 2020-09-11 (v0.5)
    - Controller layout has been redesigned for better ergonomics / comfort
    - Support for the new Game Pass and Game Pass Beta apps.
    - The method used to run the background service has been completely reworked and should be far more stable now.
    - The APKs should all be smaller
    - A new trial service is used instead of the previous Trialy
    - [EXPERIMENTAL] Support for pressing multiple buttons at once with one finger.
    - [EXPERIMENTAL] Support for GeForce Now
    - UI responsiveness fixes

Previous versions:

Code:
    2020-05-03 (v0.4)
    - Fix a crash when first opening the app if no accessibility services were enabled.

2020-05-01 (v0.3)
    - More customization options.
    - Make the APKs smaller.
    - Add crash reporting via Sentry.

2020-04-20 (v0.2)
    - The ABXY button size and spacing is now customizable.
    - Fixed some weird spacing issues & bugs with checking for root access.

2020-04-15
    Initial version.

FAQ
    How does this compare to Stadia's built-in touch controls?

Cloverplay touch controls were designed with a very different layout in mind compared to Stadia's
    controls. Although Cloverplay existed *prior* to Stadia adding touch controls, I decided to continue
    supporting Stadia, as I personally prefer the layout and button sizes in Cloverplay instead.

How do I report a bug?

Please comment in this XDA thread.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cloverplay, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    refi64
    Source Code: https://github.com/refi64/cloverplay

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.5

Created 2020-04-15
    Last Updated 2020-09-11
    "This is pretty clearly an abuse of the accessibility services, so the app would most likely be rejected or taken down."

FYI, Google once threatened to remove apps that misuse Accessibility Services (see: https://www.xda-developers.com/google-threatening-removal-accessibility-services-play-store/) but they never actually went through with it. AFAIK, no app has actually been removed for misusing Accessibility Services so far.

Also, are you using root to send input KeyEvents? If so, I think you can consider running the app using ADB privileges so you wouldn't need root.
    @Quinny899's DarQ app https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-darq-app-selectable-force-dark-t3944356 does this

Hmm thanks for the info, I decided to submit it and see what happens.

Also, no, root is used to set up a virtual joystick via the uinput APIs. From what I can tell, the only other way to get Stadia to think its controller is connected would be Xposed to hijack the APIs that trigger on controller connection / removal, which...would be far messier!