[APP][BETA]TidyPanel - Tidy up the notification panel, block all useless notification

Search This thread

dharmapoudel

Nov 21, 2013
DESCRIPTION:
Tired of all those pesky notifications that you can't swipe away? Are those "Message is using sms" notifications driving you crazy? Tidy panel is your one stop solution.
Hide System Notifications for Android O and above like "running in the background", "displaying over other apps", "USB charing this device", "2 apps are using battery", etc.

FEATURES :
★ Simple and minimal intutitive interface
★ List of active and hidden notifications for easy customization
★ Minimal Apk Size, minimal Memory Usage and minimal battery usage
★ No ads, no data, no bull****. Your data never leaves your device whatsoever.

PRO FEATURES :
★ Hide unlimited number of notifications with pro version
★ More battery and ram optimizations
★ Block them and forget them

FAQs:
Why do you need notification access?
- Notification access permission is needed in order to manage notifications. There is no other way possible in Android. This app doesn't care about what the actual content of the notification.

What are you going to do with my data?
- No ads, no data collection, no bull****. Your data never leaves your device whatsoever. Only time internet is used is to check the license status.

Stops working after a while ?
- On some devices,the app may be stopped by android, please white list this app from battery optimization manually to prevent this.

How do I unblock the blocked ones?
- Delete the blocked notification, that's all.

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Very interesting project!

Do you think that it is possible to hide the notification bar indicated in screenshot?

Thank you

Giocarro

Dec 11, 2012
It would be interesting to know what this app does differently from the built-in Android feature that lets user block any notification swiping it and going to the cogwheel.

dharmapoudel

Nov 21, 2013

Do you think that it is possible to hide the notification bar indicated in screenshot?

Thank you
That is one problem I wanted to solve. Those buttons will be hidden once you get rid of all undismissable notifications. Though I don't directly modify the status bar. Check my screenshot.

dharmapoudel

Nov 21, 2013
It would be interesting to know what this app does differently from the built-in Android feature that lets user block any notification swiping it and going to the cogwheel.

There are lots of notifications that you cannot swipe away or hide from the cogwheel like "USB connected", you can snooze for max of 2hrs but not permanently. That is what this app is trying to solve, let users hide them permanently.

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens

Thank you

That is one problem I wanted to solve. Those buttons will be hidden once you get rid of all undismissable notifications. Though I don't directly modify the status bar. Check my screenshot.

Installed application from store.
Connected phone with my laptop and dismissed USB connection notification, also hiding the panel I wanted.
But after received an SMS, notification lower panel, displayed again.

dharmapoudel

Nov 21, 2013
Installed application from store.
Connected phone with my laptop and dismissed USB connection notification, also hiding the panel I wanted.
But after received an SMS, notification lower panel, displayed again.
Yeah that's gonna happen, but at least you can swipe SMS notification away and all is good again. I know not ideal situation. If you want those buttons to be hidden permanently I believe Substratum might be able to do something.

syafeeq05

Aug 19, 2016
Kuching, Sarawak

Thank you
Samsung's Good Lock app should help... I am currently using Good Lock here, and the notification has changed to the AOSP's one, hehehe

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

DESCRIPTION:
Tired of all those pesky notifications that you can't swipe away? Are those "Message is using sms" notifications driving you crazy? Tidy panel is your one stop solution.
Hide System Notifications for Android O and above like "running in the background", "displaying over other apps", "USB charing this device", "2 apps are using battery", etc.

FEATURES :

PRO FEATURES :

FAQs:
- Notification access permission is needed in order to manage notifications. There is no other way possible in Android. This app doesn't care about what the actual content of the notification.

- No ads, no data collection, no bull****. Your data never leaves your device whatsoever. Only time internet is used is to check the license status.

- On some devices,the app may be stopped by android, please white list this app from battery optimization manually to prevent this.

Interesting! Keep it up :good:

GuyKhmel

Apr 9, 2012
TidyPanel is using battery

Hi.
Great app.
No issues, other than one, in the notification panel I see a constant message of "1 app is using battery: TidyPanel"
This is on Samsung Galaxy S8+ running latest Oreo
I can hide it, but just wanted to verify that there's no battery abuse using this

dharmapoudel

Nov 21, 2013
Hi.
Great app.
No issues, other than one, in the notification panel I see a constant message of "1 app is using battery: TidyPanel"
This is on Samsung Galaxy S8+ running latest Oreo
I can hide it, but just wanted to verify that there's no battery abuse using this
Absolutely no battery abuse. That's standard android thing. Check battery usage and you should not see the app listed (in which case the battery usage is less than 1%). In case you see abnormal battery usage let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DESCRIPTION:

FEATURES :

PRO FEATURES :

FAQs:

I tried the beta version also but i still can't hide notifications from apps like Greenify and Naptime. It was working perfectly fine couple of versions back

It's a feature called Do Not Disturb that you can enable on all Android phones.

I tried the the app and it did not work. I even tried the Pro version. Thanks for looking into it.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

For your viewing pleasure.

https://imgur.com/a/BvuJ5zj

I've updated the app with the fix. Install v20 from playstore when it's available. Let me know how it goes.

There are lots of notifications that you cannot swipe away or hide from the cogwheel like "USB connected", you can snooze for max of 2hrs but not permanently. That is what this app is trying to solve, let users hide them permanently.
    Just updated the Pro version from the Play Store. I see the new Apply on Reboot option and the toggle. I assume that flipped to the right is 'on' but maybe you can make it clearer with color or change the text?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using XDA Labs

Thank you
    Samsung's Good Lock app should help... I am currently using Good Lock here, and the notification has changed to the AOSP's one, hehehe

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

DESCRIPTION:

FEATURES :

PRO FEATURES :

FAQs:

Interesting! Keep it up :good: