Themes / Apps / Mods [App][2.0] Quick Setting Tiles [NEW: 48Hz Screen Off, New in app Updates, PSM] {Refresh Rate and Screen Resolution mods}

Search This thread

neomf

Jan 5, 2022
Hi Nishidh, I've used 1.5 & 1.6 on S21U with recent A12 updates(BUKG). The "Power Saving Mode Adaptive Refresh Rate in Android 12" works fine for me after inital setup but I found in both version, the behaviour automatically switches from Adaptive(60-120) to High(stays at 120) after a period of use & standby (no restart, keep all PSM & battery settings untouched). So in PSM tiles setting it still shows Adaptive but the screen stays at 120. v1.6 seems to keep Adaptive behaviour longer but I'm not sure (around 24hrs??) and no similar app was used at the same time. Any idea what's the issue?

Hi Nishidh, I've used 1.5 & 1.6 on S21U with recent A12 updates(BUKG). The "Power Saving Mode Adaptive Refresh Rate in Android 12" works fine for me after inital setup but I found in both version, the behaviour automatically switches from Adaptive(60-120) to High(stays at 120) after a period of use & standby (no restart, keep all PSM & battery settings untouched). So in PSM tiles setting it still shows Adaptive but the screen stays at 120. v1.6 seems to keep Adaptive behaviour longer but I'm not sure (around 24hrs??) and no similar app was used at the same time. Any idea what's the issue?
I just released 1.5.1 It should fix that High refresh rate showing in settings

Reactions: neomf and ytgbg

neomf

Jan 5, 2022
I just released 1.5.1 It should fix that High refresh rate showing in settings
Thanks Nishidh but I'm afraid my problem still persists in 1.5.1...After 10 hrs use & standby, the behaviour switched from adaptive to high and stays at 120 albeit PSM shows adaptive. Here is a screenshot (took after 5 seconds without touching the screen):
Screenshot_20220106-070442_Samsung Internet.jpg

Let me know if you need more info. Cheers.

Thanks Nishidh but I'm afraid my problem still persists in 1.5.1...After 10 hrs use & standby, the behaviour switched from adaptive to high and stays at 120 albeit PSM shows adaptive. Here is a screenshot (took after 5 seconds without touching the screen):
View attachment 5500889
Let me know if you need more info. Cheers.
I'll test it out, after 10h hmm strange.

I have removed the line of code from the app which makes it high shouldn't have happened. Just restart clear data of the app and test it once.

Also set the refresh rate to standard or adaptive once through the settings app once

neomf

Jan 5, 2022

I have removed the line of code from the app which makes it high shouldn't have happened. Just restart clear data of the app and test it once.

Also set the refresh rate to standard or adaptive once through the settings app once
Thanks for quick turn around. I've cleared the data and cache and restarted the app & phone. See how it goes.

Another UI issue was after setting standard or High and reopen PSM tile, the min & max refresh rate show correctly but refresh rate mode always highlights in adaptive:
Screenshot_20220106-084902_Samsung Internet.jpg

neomf

Jan 5, 2022

Hi Nishidh, tested again with app restarted and data cleared but still the same. This time the refresh rate behaviour switched to high after around 5hr and half...
Screenshot_20220106-143954_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi Nishidh, tested again with app restarted and data cleared but still the same. This time the refresh rate behaviour switched to high after around 5hr and half...
View attachment 5501059
So I think your issue is the brightness, when it's at a certain low point the refresh rate is changed with the available light in the room. If light sensor detects low environment light, refresh rate is set to 120hz constant.

Samsung has this feature to prevent flickering at low brightness levels. Just try increasing brightness. No issues with the app

What I do is keep the bar above the 2nd quick settings tile.

I have tested the psm + adaptive and no issues yet

neomf

Jan 5, 2022
So I think your issue is the brightness, when it's at a certain low point the refresh rate is changed with the available light in the room. If light sensor detects low environment light, refresh rate is set to 120hz constant.

Samsung has this feature to prevent flickering at low brightness levels. Just try increasing brightness. No issues with the app

What I do is keep the bar above the 2nd quick settings tile.

I have tested the psm + adaptive and no issues yet

yeah, i’ve read about the brightness on s21 screen where “Adaptive refresh profile will force the display to be at 120Hz if either your ambient light sensor reads below 40 lux or your display brightness is below 8% (mBrightness<20).” but the behaviour of PSM adaptive seems bypassed/overtook the Samsung’s adaptive regardless of the enviornment light or brightness setting. Please see the attched photo took in a dark environment and brightness was set to lowest and refresh rate was able to down to 60…

And yes, if it turned into Samsung’s adaptive mode, the refresh rate will work exactly like you described. So it seems like after few hours of use, the PSM adaptive was automattically switched to Samsung’s adaptive. hope that helps…

Attachments

• AFAA7328-C291-442D-850A-97096AA93A43.jpeg
    AFAA7328-C291-442D-850A-97096AA93A43.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 94

bindassever

Mar 1, 2015
I cannot figure out why my adaptive mode in PSM not working. I have already grant permission through adb but as soon as I start powersaving mode the fps drops to 60.

I am debloated, is there any particular system app that this settings require?

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
Hello thank you very much for the new version.
For me all works good even the PSM except the change of resolution. the resolution refuses to change. i have the message Display resolution set but it does not do anything

I cannot figure out why my adaptive mode in PSM not working. I have already grant permission through adb but as soon as I start powersaving mode the fps drops to 60.

I have the same Problem and no solution :/ also debloated.
Re-install Samsung DeX and restart your phone may help.
com.sec.android.app.dexonpc
com.sec.android.desktopmode.uiservice
com.samsung.desktopsystemui
com.sec.android.app.desktoplauncher

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[App] Quick Settings Tiles v2.0 [Stable]​

Play Store Link: Quick Settings Tile

Screenshot_20220128-184152_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-014311_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-014632_One_UI_Home[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-184333_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg

Features

Refresh rate and screen resolution Quick Tiles
    The usual Refresh rate mods
    Refresh rate monitoring
    Resolution Tile Requires a one time ADB setup
    Switching resolution is just smooth like stock
    Specifically for S21 Ultra
    [NEW 1.5] Power Saving mode Adaptive Refresh Rate - Requires ADB Setup - SUPPORTS A12
    [NEW 1.5.9] Refresh rate monitoring overlay tile - Overlay only shows up for few seconds when the refresh rate changes
    [NEW 2.0] 48HZ screen off Refresh Rate, New Refresh Rate Icons, In app updates

Instructions

Download the QST app
    Click on the update icon that will download the separate module required for the app to work
    Add the tiles you need within the app, they will be available in the quick settings then
    Clicking the tile will open a Dialog Box
    Select whichever options you like

Note: If you have other apps/refresh rate mods installed they might cause crashes​

Run this through ADB shell for Resolution Quick Tile AND PSM adaptive to work​

Code:
    adb shell pm grant com.nss.ssettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Introduction

Switched from OnePlus 6t to S21 Ultra Recently.
    I wanted to create a personal app which provides the quick settings needed for daily usage.
    Other apps are not optimized for S21 ultra specifically, either crash regularly
    I just created this app in 3-4 days, so I'm just gonna leave this here for others to test and use.
    This has turned from a small app which was created in few days to months of work, adding features​

Future Plans

Fixing Bugs
    Add some more features
    Improvement / Bug reports are Appreciated
    Add a refresh rate monitoring notification Done

This is how its looking currently:
    * You will be able download new updates to QST straight from the app in play store
    * Lowest Hz on screen off - Its working properly, no extra battery drain (You might need to exclude this from memory cleaner, and set unrestricted background use or 48hz screen off will just not work)

* Ill roll out the beta soon on PlayStore within few days. Just need to fix theme and add some text paragraphs to make the app understandable before finalizing release.

Screenshot_20220118-180940_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-182452_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-181017_Quick Setting Tiles.jpg

I have the same Problem and no solution :/ also debloated.
    Re-install Samsung DeX and restart your phone may help.
    com.sec.android.app.dexonpc
    com.sec.android.desktopmode.uiservice
    com.samsung.desktopsystemui
    com.sec.android.app.desktoplauncher
    Can you add option to set lowest Hz when locked?
    48hz while display is off. Yes please. Galaxy max Hz has this option but I'd rather just use this app so they don't conflict each other.
    Hey mate. When i restart my phone i need to reinstall the app and run the adb setup again. Is this a bug?
    Thanks in advance hope you make a "pro" Version with more Features for such app would pay :)

I have just now implemented the 48Hz when screen is off. Its working fine(in the video below), just need to test it for a while before i release it.

Hmm a pro version maybe , it would be much easier if playstore acceped old api's.
    Im thinking about an updater app on playstore you can download QST from that app. (This might take a while since im gonna be busy for 2 weeks)
    If we could get powersaving and 120hz that would be awesome!
    Added the option to change and enable Adaptive Refresh rate on Power Saving Mode. :)