[App] BixBye - New and fast Bixby button remapper!

Search This thread

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Latest Update: Here we go! The Alpha_5.0 version of the App now supports the latest Samsung update. For those who haven't got the Samsung update yet, you will be pleased to know that BixBye will continue to work.

Latest Update: Tasker Plugin is now added - you can now BixBye to any complicated task.

Major Update: BixBye is now the only App to perform actions without launching Bixby itself (invisible to your slow, naked eyes!) :)

Hi everyone! After some private testing with some kind XDA members, introducing BixBye.

7ygKA7eLs.png

BixBye, lets you remap the Bixby button even after the Samsung patch, I have noticed more such Apps popping up. However, I have got some feedback that this one is a bit snappy. Let me know how is your experience.

As it goes without saying, the App is highly experimental and is in Alpha Stage, things may not work as you expect to. However, your feedback will definitely help me improve the App.

For this initial release there is some limited amount of options available, more will be added if the App works well for you guys.

7yiLGVkLx.png
7yjdamtGM.png

Download from Google Play Store. (Please don't forget to leave a review at Google Play Store!)

BixBye in action:

UPDATE/NOTE: From the reports I have received so far, what I understand is that, Bixby itself is a bit inconsistent in its behaviour when the physical Bixby button is pressed. Sometimes it takes a single press to launch and at other times a double press or long press.

BixBye relies on Bixby to function. Once Bixby is in memory, you will notice that BixBye functions quite fast.

It's very likely that Samsung will issue more updates to improve the snappiness of Bixby itself, as a side effect BixBye will become even more snappy. So, updates from here on will be win-win for us. :D

Thank you @bstapley, @yaddam205 and @xPr0metheus for helping me test the App. :)

Thank you @theherkman, @xPr0metheus and @apoapostolov who have especially helped me do countless tests to optimize BixBye for Lockscreen! A lot of patience and time, much appreciated!

If anyone is interested in helping me test bleeding edge builds/experiments/improvements please PM me your Skype ID, timezone, free time availability.

Last edited:

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
What's new?

Version Alpha_4.1+:

#1 BixBye is now optimized for use on Lockscreen - however do note that you will see a flash of Bixby. Otherwise, when device is unlocked it would be as fast as you would expect.
#2 Removed 'Notification Drawer' option, as it doesn't play well with BixBye - can't 'toggle' Notification Drawer with the button.
#3 You can now BixBye to 'Back', 'Phone Dialer'.
Thanks for all the support, keep sharing the App. :)

Version Alpha_3.1:

• Removed option to opt-in for Hola Network's resource sharing.
  • If you find the App useful for your device and would like to receive more development, please consider donating. Also, it will remove Ads. :)

Version Alpha_3.0:

#1 You can now BixBye to "Toggle Flashlight" and "Nothing".
#2 Ads can now be removed for free.
#3 Added donate link, forum link and other miscellaneous ones.

What's next? A free Tasker plugin will be available in next update.

Thank you all for the support.

Last edited:

BigBen60

Jul 7, 2015
Works for me on a exynos S8 up to date.

It would be even better if we could enable some options with the button, like immersive mode :)

Thanks for your job !

azsgolf

Nov 6, 2014
Dallas
On T-Mobile and it does not work. If you turn it on, button does nothing. Turn it off and Bixby works. Installed from play store.

Edit: It does work with double press. Side note, if you uninstall it with it turned on it seems to disable the button.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delta105RUS

Killastyle

Mar 19, 2011
It works half. I use it for going back to home. It opens Bixby in a flash and then goes home. So it opens the app

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Please upload another link. The link is broken.

You can download directly from Google Play Store, if you have trouble accessing the attachment.

Just gave it a try and it works great.

Sounds good!

Sweet can't wait to get my S8 and try this

Sure, let me know how it goes.

Works for me on a exynos S8 up to date.

It would be even better if we could enable some options with the button, like immersive mode :)

Thanks for your job !

You're welcome!

I will add more options, but right now trying to make it reliable.

Working fine here on a VZW S8+ w/ the latest update. Great job!

Thanks! :)

It works half. I use it for going back to home. It opens Bixby in a flash and then goes home. So it opens the app

The App relies on Bixby itself to work, so you may often see Bixby peeping in every now and then.

On T-Mobile and it does not work. If you turn it on, button does nothing. Turn it off and Bixby works. Installed from play store.

Edit: It does work with double press. Side note, if you uninstall it with it turned on it seems to disable the button.

Seems to be working fine for me. Now just need double tap and hold. (AT&T)

Interesting notes. So from what I understand so far, Bixby itself sometimes takes time to load up, and sometimes doesn't even respond to the button properly. I have got reports that, once Bixby itself is loaded properly and stays in memory, BixBye works very fast.

I will add a note to the first post about the same for new users who may be confused.

The good thing is, when Samsung improves Bixby with future updates, especially regarding its responsiveness, as a byproduct BixBye will also improve without any code changes from my side.

If anyone is interested in helping me test bleeding edge builds/experiments/improvements please PM me your Skype ID, timezone, free time availability.

Last edited:

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
I'm posting this to all of the Bixby remappers

These are the packages you can disable and still run this app. At minimum it needs Bixby and Hello Bixby enabled.
com.samsung.android.bixby.agent
com.samsung.android.app.spage

Xig9ZK4.png

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

After testing all of the current ones, this one is definitely the fastest. Obviously you still see Bixby for a split second but it's the quickest to get out of it. Sometimes you don't even see Bixby at all.

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
Wow excellent work on this, doesn't even bring up Bixby for a second. Great work dev.
Just need a donate option to remove ads ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest Update: Here we go! The Alpha_5.0 version of the App now supports the latest Samsung update. For those who haven't got the Samsung update yet, you will be pleased to know that BixBye will continue to work.

Latest Update: Tasker Plugin is now added - you can now BixBye to any complicated task.

Major Update: BixBye is now the only App to perform actions without launching Bixby itself (invisible to your slow, naked eyes!) :)

Hi everyone! After some private testing with some kind XDA members, introducing BixBye.

7ygKA7eLs.png

BixBye, lets you remap the Bixby button even after the Samsung patch, I have noticed more such Apps popping up. However, I have got some feedback that this one is a bit snappy. Let me know how is your experience.

As it goes without saying, the App is highly experimental and is in Alpha Stage, things may not work as you expect to. However, your feedback will definitely help me improve the App.

For this initial release there is some limited amount of options available, more will be added if the App works well for you guys.

7yiLGVkLx.png
    7yjdamtGM.png

Download from Google Play Store. (Please don't forget to leave a review at Google Play Store!)

BixBye in action:

UPDATE/NOTE: From the reports I have received so far, what I understand is that, Bixby itself is a bit inconsistent in its behaviour when the physical Bixby button is pressed. Sometimes it takes a single press to launch and at other times a double press or long press.

BixBye relies on Bixby to function. Once Bixby is in memory, you will notice that BixBye functions quite fast.

It's very likely that Samsung will issue more updates to improve the snappiness of Bixby itself, as a side effect BixBye will become even more snappy. So, updates from here on will be win-win for us. :D

Thank you @bstapley, @yaddam205 and @xPr0metheus for helping me test the App. :)

Thank you @theherkman, @xPr0metheus and @apoapostolov who have especially helped me do countless tests to optimize BixBye for Lockscreen! A lot of patience and time, much appreciated!

You can download it from Google Play Store or from the attachments.
    Update!

Version Alpha_3.1:

• If you find the App useful for your device and would like to receive more development, please consider donating. Also, it will remove Ads. :)

Download from Google Play Store.
    What's new?

Version Alpha_4.1+:

#1 BixBye is now optimized for use on Lockscreen - however do note that you will see a flash of Bixby. Otherwise, when device is unlocked it would be as fast as you would expect.
    #2 Removed 'Notification Drawer' option, as it doesn't play well with BixBye - can't 'toggle' Notification Drawer with the button.
    #3 You can now BixBye to 'Back', 'Phone Dialer'.
    Thanks for all the support, keep sharing the App. :)

Version Alpha_3.1:

Version Alpha_3.0:

#1 You can now BixBye to "Toggle Flashlight" and "Nothing".
    #2 Ads can now be removed for free.
    #3 Added donate link, forum link and other miscellaneous ones.

What's next? A free Tasker plugin will be available in next update.

Thank you all for the support.
    Working again on lockscreen and normal on my T-Mobile S8+. The first update only fixed it while screen was on, now it works with screen off as well. Although it does flash Bixby real quick at lockscreen when before the T-Mobile update it didnt. But at least it works now. Ive been using it for the flashlight, and hope it stays this way. Is there a way to not install an OTA? Or will it keep nagging you?

With latest batman rom 1.1.1 this is not working for me at all.
    What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi..
    Latest rom AQG5 broke the functionality for me.
    Now bixby is brute forcing its existance in to my world..

Are you on to some new work around?
    Im glad to test for you..

Regards
    Jonas

Thanks @1812luca, for testing non-stop several builds for this new workaround.

Download from Google Play Store!