• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

[APP] Black Google Now Launcher & Black Calculator (Updated Feb-21-2015)

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Here's a little contribution to the community. This is NOT my work. I just put them in a zip that I use with any roms I run and decided to share. Thanks to Chaos ^_^ since I extracted them from his theme zip and thanks to Archangel for Inverted Velvet.apk!

This flashable zip file contains a Blacked Out Google Now and Google Now Launcher (Google App version 4.1.29.1706998.arm), as well as material dark calculator.

ANDROID 5.X ROMS ONLY!! (This is in case someone with a different device wants to use this)

*Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. I take no responsibility for your phone, hunger, acts of God, etc.

Please hit "Thanks" if this helps you!

Screenshots:

Instructions:

If you're running a stock based rom or a rom with Gapps already installed:
  1. Reboot into recovery
  2. Make a backup of your current rom
  3. Flash the Google Now zip
  4. Reboot
  5. Profit from the darkness!

If you're flashing a new rom:
  1. Install rom, Gapps, SuperSU, etc. as normal
  2. Flash the Google Now zip last
  3. Reboot
  4. Profit from the darkess!

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934532641

Changelog:
Feb-21-2015
  • Updated Google App theming to version 4.1.29.1706998.arm

I'm not sure if I will keep updating this for new versions of Google Now Launcher.

Last edited:

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
6. and no tapatalk app or xda app on any if my devices, ever! xda is only via the browser for me :)

btw, i did not flash it. i just took the velvet apk out and put it into /system/priv-app/ and rebooted. so no calculator app for me.
Thank you!

I didn't even download it.....just thanked ever one of your posts. Now I'll even rate the thread.

D
You are awesome! Thanks a million! :D

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone