[APP] BLN control - the official BLN settings app by neldar

kohkohnut

Jul 3, 2011
Can someone point me to a patched sms app or a patched services.jar please?

I am using Touchwiz sms and would like to enable bln for sms messages.

PS: I am on JVU using semaphore (i9000)

kohkohnut

Jul 3, 2011
You'll need a custom kernel which supports BLN.. check 1st post FAQ
I think you misunderstood me. I am on Semaphore which supports BLN. But for bln to work for sms (Touchwiz), I'll still need a patch.

I tried searching XDA for a patch for deodexed JVU but couldn't find any. So I am hoping that someone here can point me to the right direction.

finneginsfast

Mar 6, 2011
BC
Hi there, been using this app on a SGH-T959D and darkyrom 10.4.2, and it's been great.

I've recently flashed onecosmics ICS rc4.2 with semaphore kernel 0.9.1 which is supposed to support BLN. Once I configure, enable BLN and test it within the app it works for the test. However in real world application it's not notifying me.

Any idea what the problem is?

kohkohnut

Jul 3, 2011
I think you misunderstood me. I am on Semaphore which supports BLN. But for bln to work for sms (Touchwiz), I'll still need a patch.

I tried searching XDA for a patch for deodexed JVU but couldn't find any. So I am hoping that someone here can point me to the right direction.
Erm anyone please?

neldar

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
twitter.com
Any chance of fixing BLN for the at&t Galaxy note so it doesn't keep wakelock? The device doesn't go back to deepsleep if LED goes on.
You have chosen the wrong thread for that kind of question, the wakelock you are referring to is managed by the kernel driver. That means only the author of the bln implementation for the note can change this - and that is not me.

edit: just had a look at the bln sources for the note. And I realized most ppl still are using my old patches, while the i9000 repo already contains newer bln code, that makes a lot easier...

Last edited:

Grimmy1st

Jul 18, 2011
Problems with new version:
- heavy wakelocks/battery drain (phone NEVER sleeps), when not ticking experimental prox...
- when exp. prox. clicked: battery drain still higher than before, it seems to me (prox sensor always on???)

SGS2, checkrom V6, Redpill

neldar

Jul 4, 2010
twitter.com
Probably when the phone is laying on screen the LED's don't go on.

or in pocket...
Exactly. 5 seconds delay before bln is disabled, if the proximity sensor is triggered. Bln gets instantly re-enabled if the proximity sensor is released.
Currently blinking and the static timeout dont work after bln is re-enabled, that will be fixed.

- heavy wakelocks/battery drain (phone NEVER sleeps), when not ticking experimental prox...
- when exp. prox. clicked: battery drain still higher than before, it seems to me (prox sensor always on???)

Thank you for reporting that, please provide me the output of /proc/wakelocks.
Code:
adb shell cat /proc/wakelocks > wakelocks.txt

Last edited:
Reactions: cdmackay

cdmackay

Aug 11, 2009
Cambridge, UK

Interesting observation: with exp prox option NOT ticked, if I hold my hand over the prox sensor, I can no longer activate the "Led notification" item in the Test section.

Take my hand off the sensor, and the menu item immediately works.

Again, this is with the prox option NOT enabled.

Edit: stupid me: I must have been touching the screen at the same time, thus making it a multi-touch, and confusing things.

Last edited:

neldar

Jul 4, 2010
twitter.com
Interesting observation: with exp prox option NOT ticked, if I hold my hand over the prox sensor, I can no longer activate the "Led notification" item in the Test section.

Take my hand off the sensor, and the menu item immediately works.

Again, this is with the prox option NOT enabled.

Edit: SGS, THS ICS b17, Semaphore 0.9.1

[deleted test results: cannot reproduce]

I guess you covered the proximity sensor with your hand and touched the screen at the same time. In that case android can not track your input.
I am using a piece of paper to test the proximity sensor, that eliminates most of the side effects.

Reactions: cdmackay

jsmith8858

Nov 11, 2008
Boston
On the AT&T GS2, I am getting constant wakelocks for wlProximityEvents, and I do not even have the new Proximity feature enabled.

I just unplugged the charger 5 minutes ago, I have no notifications, and it's been in constant wakelock since then. (See the screen shot).

Since the last update, my battery life has been very bad and deep sleep has gone down significantly.

UPDATE: Attached is my wakelocks.txt file.

Attachments

Last edited:

neldar

Jul 4, 2010
twitter.com
On the AT&T GS2, I am getting constant wakelocks for wlProximityEvents, and I do not even have the new Proximity feature enabled.

I just unplugged the charger 5 minutes ago, I have no notifications, and it's been in constant wakelock since then. (See the screen shot).

Since the last update, my battery life has been very bad and deep sleep has gone down significantly.

UPDATE: Attached is my wakelocks.txt file.
Thank you for the informations about the wakelock, these infos helped me to resolve the problem.
An update is now available at the market. I want to apologize to those who may have had problems because of this issue.

Last edited: