• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] Bluetooth Volume Control

Search This thread

Dark3n

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2007
twitter.com
This app gives your Android device the ability to have individual music and voice volumes for each of your bluetooth devices.
It remembers the volume settings for each device and restores them if necessary.
Volumes can be configured through the apps UI or the volume buttons your device.

Don't all good apps come from being fed up with something? :D
This app was motivated by trying to listen to Spotify through a car radio.
Android 7.X+ keeps resetting the bluetooth volume to 50% everytime a device (e.g. headset, speaker, car stereo) connects and the volume was above 50%.
Official ticket can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=212402

It's not yet clear whether this is a "feature" or a "bug", because it only resets the volume if it is above 50%.
This app fixes the problem for me on a [email protected]

I'd be happy about some general feedback as well as feedback from people having the same 50% volume issue.

The app is free and without adds.
I'm open for little feature requests, though those might be added as IAP.

Download:
Google Play
XDA (2nd post)

Requirements:
• Android 5.0+.

Permissions:
• 'Internet' for bug reports.
• 'Bluetooth' to work with bluetooth devices.
• 'Modify audio settings' to change volume.

XDA:DevDB Information
Bluetooth Volume Control, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Dark3n

Version Information

Created 2017-01-22
Last Updated 2017-01-22

Reactions: daniel_m

TheKorbenDallas

Dec 3, 2010
1. What exactly is the intended functionality of "Reaction delay" setting? I set mine to zero, but it seems that reaction time is not affected: it takes this app about 5-10 seconds to actually react to a device.
2. After reboot of the phone, the BT device registered in this app is visible in the list of devices within this app (even if it is not connected). But after first connection/disconnection the device disappears from the app's list (only becomes visible when connected). What is the intended behavior? Are devices supposed to be visible in the list within the app when disconnected?

Last edited:

Dark3n

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2007
twitter.com
1. What exactly is the intended functionality of "Reaction delay" setting? I set mine to zero, but it seems that reaction time is not affected: it takes this app about 5-10 seconds to actually react to a device.
2. After reboot of the phone, the BT device registered in this app is visible in the list of devices within this app (even if it is not connected). But after first connection/disconnection the device disappears from the app's list (only becomes visible when connected). What is the intended behavior? Are devices supposed to be visible in the list within the app when disconnected?

1. The app will delay until the Bluetooth device is fully connected. Meaning that it will not only wait until there is a connection event, but also until the service it offers, e.g. A2DP, is also connected. This is can't be influenced or made shorter. The reaction delay is an additional delay after this. I use this because my device resets it's volume to 50% sometime after the initial connection and I want my app to increase the volume after this has happened.

2. Sounds like a bug, is this still happening? All managed devices should stay visible, even if disconnected.

juspifool

Dec 8, 2007
Is anyone having trouble having volume manager opening an app when a bluetooth connection is made in Android 10? It worked fine in Android P.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app gives your Android device the ability to have individual music and voice volumes for each of your bluetooth devices.
    It remembers the volume settings for each device and restores them if necessary.
    Volumes can be configured through the apps UI or the volume buttons your device.

Don't all good apps come from being fed up with something? :D
    This app was motivated by trying to listen to Spotify through a car radio.
    Android 7.X+ keeps resetting the bluetooth volume to 50% everytime a device (e.g. headset, speaker, car stereo) connects and the volume was above 50%.
    Official ticket can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=212402

It's not yet clear whether this is a "feature" or a "bug", because it only resets the volume if it is above 50%.
    This app fixes the problem for me on a [email protected]

I'd be happy about some general feedback as well as feedback from people having the same 50% volume issue.

The app is free and without adds.
    I'm open for little feature requests, though those might be added as IAP.

Download:
    Google Play
    XDA (2nd post)

Requirements:
    • Android 5.0+.

Permissions:
    • 'Internet' for bug reports.
    • 'Bluetooth' to work with bluetooth devices.
    • 'Modify audio settings' to change volume.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bluetooth Volume Control, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Dark3n

Version Information

Created 2017-01-22
    Last Updated 2017-01-22