[App][Browser] Chromium browser optimized for Tegra 2

Search This thread
May 15, 2020
Derbyshire
Does anyone here know how to build the latest versions of webview and chromium for tegra 2? I have had problems downloading the chromium source code because my wifi is painfully slow and I have little to no programming knowledge so if I run into errors, I don’t know how to fix them. Basically does anyone have enough knowledge and is willing to continue patched chromium? Me and a lot of people would really appreciate it, or if anyone could tell me what to do

May 15, 2020
Derbyshire
Thanks!, what about web view?
Would you happen to have any chromium / app building general knowledge? I was hoping to make chromium and the webview like the kind user above who posted versions 96 if I had someone I could message if I have major problems that I can’t find answers to on google, it would be really helpful to talk to people who have done this kinda stuff before as it’s really difficult to get into, it’s a lot more involved than just flashing roms and messing with files like I’m used to so any help would be appreciated!

RedDragon

Apr 11, 2016
Alexandria
Would you happen to have any chromium / app building general knowledge? I was hoping to make chromium and the webview like the kind user above who posted versions 96 if I had someone I could message if I have major problems that I can’t find answers to on google, it would be really helpful to talk to people who have done this kinda stuff before as it’s really difficult to get into, it’s a lot more involved than just flashing roms and messing with files like I’m used to so any help would be appreciated!
I have some experience yes, I followed the steps provided by chromium project, that's linked in the original poster github,
but the problem the download size of source code and dependencies is very massive (>100GB) I ended up giving on finishing the download

May 15, 2020
Derbyshire
I have some experience yes, I followed the steps provided by chromium project, that's linked in the original poster github,
but the problem the download size of source code and dependencies is very massive (>100GB) I ended up giving on finishing the download
yeah im having the same problem except no matter how many times i run gclientsync it never completes fully

Reactions: RedDragon

RedDragon

Apr 11, 2016
Alexandria
yeah im having the same problem except no matter how many times i run gclientsync it never completes fully
I just found this Firefox optimized for Tegra 2 might be nice

May 15, 2020
Derbyshire
I just found this Firefox optimized for Tegra 2 might be nice
This is pretty cool but unfortunately its 6 years old, so no newer than the one from January 2020. I think we're gonna have to make it ourselves. I'll try to sync chromium again some time today or tommorrow

1goodm

Dec 3, 2013
Krasnojarsk
Try "Kiwi Browser" 77 for tegra-2. This supports google chrom extensions!

Attachments

• ChromePublic.apk.zip
    43.5 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    decatf Chromium Browser
    optimized for Tegra 2​

This is Chromium browser optimized for Tegra 2. It's compiled for non-NEON and optimized cortex-a9 CPUs.

- Chromium supports Android 4.1 and up.
    - The black image on HTML5 video playback is fixed.
    - Chrome Sync is not supported.

Note: This app is for Tegra 2 CPUs only. If you've some how found this thread and don't know what Tegra 2 is then this is not what you're looking for.

List of devices powered by Tegra 2:
    • Motorola Atrix 4G
    • Motorola Droid X2
    • LG Optimus 2X
    • Samsung Galaxy R
    • Samsung Captivate Glide
    • Acer Iconia Tab A200 and A500
    • LG Optimus Pad
    • Motorola Xoom
    • Dell Streak 7
    • Dell Streak Pro
    • Notion Ink Adam tablet
    • ViewSonic G Tablet
    • ASUS Eee Pad Transformer
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    • Toshiba AC100
    • Advent Vega

Downloads:
    https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=19227#downloads

Change log:
    Code:
     - Chromium 73.0

- Chromium 71.0

- Chromium 70.0

- Chromium 69.0
     - Bromite 69.0

- Chromium 66.0
     - Bromite 66.0

- Chromium 65.0

- Chromium 64.0

- Chromium 63.0

- Chromium 62.0

- Chromium 61.0

- Chromium 60.0

- Chromium 59.0
     - disable software vp9 codec

- Chromium 58.0

- Chromium 57.0

- Enable multi process mode

Donate:
    Via Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    Chromium Browser optimized for Tegra 2, Device Specific App for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Contributors
    decatf
    Source Code: https://github.com/Decatf/chromium_src

Version Information

Created 2017-02-03
    Last Updated 2019-04-06
    I've compiled a Bromite version of Chromium. See their website for the list of features.
    Chromium 96.0.4664.54

Browser and WebView with latest Bromite patches and fixes for Tegra 2

To install WebView needs Root Explorer app, steps:

0. TWRP Backup
    1. Delete Folder /system/app/webview
    2. Create folder /system/app/webview
    3. Create folder /system/app/webview/arm/lib
    4. Copy SystemWebView-96.0.4664.54-arm.apk to /system/app/webview/webview.apk
    5. Extract SystemWebView-96.0.4664.54-arm.apk (it's a zip), copy contents of lib/armaebi-v7a to /system/app/webview/arm/lib
    6. Set permission 755 for folders and 644 for files
    7. Restart Recovery
    8. Wipe Caches

@jean3x7
    I've found a way to make it work so this is alive again.

There are two patches of the bromite build which aren't compiling so they aren't included:
    Code:
    BRM045_Remove-help-menu-item.patch
    BRM050_Canvas-fingerprinting-mitigations-for-image-data-and-webGL.patch