[APP] Button Mapper - Customize your hardware buttons

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org

Button Mapper allows you to remap any action you want to physical or capacitive hardware buttons. This includes volume buttons, camera button, home button on Samsung devices and capacitive home, back and recents, Bixby, Active Edge, LG assistant button and many buttons on game controllers and other hardware. It does NOT work with onscreen home, back and recents buttons (i.e. soft keys or the navigation bar).

You can launch shortcuts, apps or actions to single press, double tap and long press for hardware buttons.

Download on XDA Labs:
https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/flar2.homebutton

Limitations:
-does not work when the screen is off (unless rooted)
-only works with hardware buttons, not onscreen buttons (i.e. navigation bar)
-power button cannot be modified
-there can be quirks with some devices due to non-standard hardware and software implementations by various manufacturers. I try to fix them, but sometimes it's difficult if I don't have the device to test.

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Examples of things you can do with this app:

-Lockscreen peek: press and hold the home button to quickly check your lockscreen messages, release to turn off the screen (requires PRO VERSION)
-Launch an app by long pressing the home button
-Swap the back and recents buttons (capacitive buttons only, like on Samsung Galaxy or Asus Zenfone or One Plus One)
-Use the home button to the turn the screen off from the homescreen on your Samsung Galaxy (requires PRO VERSION)
-Control the button lights on your Samsung Galaxy. Turn them on or off, or change the length of time they light up

Odeira.Oloap

May 8, 2012
Manila
It does not require root. It works on any phone completely stock.
Well that's reassuring. Thanks.

EDIT: Galaxy Note 3 on stock 5.0. Finally made it to work, but I had to disable another app that needed the Accessibility feature to activate flashlight through the volume rockers. Works as advertised now. Thanks.

Last edited:

Saratoga79

Jan 12, 2013
Ordizia Capital
Hi there my friend

Working OK on my LG G3 stock 6.0 based Rom when screen is on but double tap action, it seems to be disabled for my device.

I will love if you could add same features when sreen is off too.

Let me know if you need some translations. ;)

Reactions: flar2

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Hi there my friend

Working OK on my LG G3 stock 6.0 based Rom when screen is on but double tap action, it seems to be disabled for my device.

I will love if you could add same features when sreen is off too.

Let me know if you need some translations. ;)
Thanks, translation will start when the app is finished.

Not sure about screen off actions, that would be nice but requires root and probably wakelocks.

Reactions: Saratoga79