[APP] Button Mapper - Customize your hardware buttons

Jonathanpz890

Nov 1, 2020
Posting here again,
I have a samsung galaxy note 20 ultra, the app stops working (volume button remapping) after a few hours.
Tried everything basically please what can I do to make this work I'll literally pay so much money

Bennieboj

Oct 17, 2012
Is it possible that the update to oneui3.0 (Android 11) broke the Bixby button detection? I think it's based on logs, right? When I enable the Bixby app (as in logcat.sh) the Bixby app works, but when I disable it, button remapper doesn't detect it anymore. I can provide logs if needed.

Reactions: mybabysexy

Hank3

Mar 21, 2014
This app was working flawlessly with my Google Pixel 4a for about 4.5 months. I was using it exclusively to turn my screen off via the fingerprint sensor (programmed all four directions). Woke up this morning (1.16.21) and it stopped working. On Android 11 and most recent Android security update was on 1.5.21, so I'm not sure that would've been it since it worked after that update.

I've tried uninstall/install; powered phone off/on; cleared cache. Not sure what else to try? Anyone else with a GP4a have this app can offer any pointers/troubleshooting tips?

Update: Issue fixed with app update V 2.54

Last edited:

KB!

Feb 15, 2013
I have been using this app for a long time but it stopped working.

I have a G9650 that is rooted and running a Note ROM.

I just updated Magisk to 21.3 and now the button mapper app doesn't work.

I finally got it to tell me to hook the phone to a PC to set it up and I did and I enabled the Bixby button and it worked for a few minutes and stopped again.

I use it to make the Bixby button turn on the flashlight and take screen shots.

Please help.

KB!

Feb 15, 2013
For everyone: apps don't kill themselves, system can kill any app.
Thanks for your response.

It is as if the Bixby button isn't being recognized when I press it.

The only thing different is that I updated Magisk from 21.2 to 21.3.

I don't see how that would affect the button mapper.

I have already checked all of the battery optimization settings and sleep settings and don't see anything that would kill the app.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

***EDIT***

I just flashed an older version of Magisk and the button mapper is back to working again.

I'm not sure what the problem is but I guess I will wait to update Magisk for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: marciozomb13

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Thanks for your response.

It is as if the Bixby button isn't being recognized when I press it.

The only thing different is that I updated Magisk from 21.2 to 21.3.

I don't see how that would affect the button mapper.

I have already checked all of the battery optimization settings and sleep settings and don't see anything that would kill the app.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

***EDIT***

I just flashed an older version of Magisk and the button mapper is back to working again.

I'm not sure what the problem is but I guess I will wait to update Magisk for a while.
Magisk 21.4 dropped today. That'll fix it. I had trouble with Button Mapper root actions on 21.3 too, but 21.4 fixed root regressions.

Reactions: KB!

JohanW

May 22, 2009
I can map a button to "actions/system settings" to get to Android settings, but is there a way to get directly to the settings screen where I choose Wifi network? Ive tried using broadcast intent Settings.ACTION_WIFI_SETTINGS but I cannot get it to work.

mybabysexy

Dec 17, 2013
Hanoi
Is it possible that the update to oneui3.0 (Android 11) broke the Bixby button detection? I think it's based on logs, right? When I enable the Bixby app (as in logcat.sh) the Bixby app works, but when I disable it, button remapper doesn't detect it anymore. I can provide logs if needed.
I upgraded mine S10e to OneUI 3.0 today and Bixby button cannot be recognized too

Oni07R

Nov 16, 2020
Android TV (Sony XF9005) shortcuts issue

Hello how to remap android tv button with a shortcut. When I select shortcut from the drop-down menu it opens a specific feature and there seems to be no way to assign it to a button. I get a message: ''Shortcut creation cancelled by targeted app'' as I have to hit the return button. For example, selecting 'Speaker' opens the specific menu. It's not assigning a shortcut to a button. I tried to enable/disable all alternatives.
Having the same issue now. Any solution?

tauroes

Dec 27, 2014
Hello,
I downloaded it a couple of months back and I'm happy with the app. But I got bored of it and want to use my bixby now, but I cant find it on my phone. i have set when I double press the bixby button to start the assistant but it didn't work. tried to uninstall it, didn't work as well. I remember when i was installing it, that I had to activate it true the computer, but I cant find the program on my pc. So I wanted to ask if there is a way for me to recover my bixby, if anyone else has had the same or similar problem. PS my bixby routines are working normali, only the assistant isn't

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Hello,
I downloaded it a couple of months back and I'm happy with the app. But I got bored of it and want to use my bixby now, but I cant find it on my phone. i have set when I double press the bixby button to start the assistant but it didn't work. tried to uninstall it, didn't work as well. I remember when i was installing it, that I had to activate it true the computer, but I cant find the program on my pc. So I wanted to ask if there is a way for me to recover my bixby, if anyone else has had the same or similar problem. PS my bixby routines are working normali, only the assistant isn't
Go back to setup.buttonmapper.app and run the PC setup again, this time click disable Bixby remapping and it will reset

junkmarsh

Jan 20, 2019
Hi
I've been using the app for ages, and bought the pro version from the play store, but I'm trying to go google-free on my phone. Is there any way to convert to a non-google license?
cheers