[APP] Button Mapper - Customize your hardware buttons

Exoticdisease

Feb 16, 2021
I have a specific scenario: I want to turn the pages of my kindle app using a Bluetooth remote thing. The Bluetooth remote only presses volume up which turns the page back not forwards. Remapping to volume down doesn't work with kindle app - it just turns the volume down rather than turning the page. Is there a way to fix this? I know its really niche but I'd love it if you could!

renebk

Feb 17, 2021
Hi,
I'm owner of Philips Android TV, and would like to remap specific button on the remote ("Rakuten TV"). Instead it should do a POST call to external linux server, running a Kodi, to trigger a JSON RPC command. Reading capabilities, ButtonMapper would be the right tool for this :)
However, I'm struggling on getting the syntax right for setting up the POST request. I can generate the correct call in Postman and using curl. But how to map this into the single line provided in ButtonMapper for setting up the POST call? This I cannot solve, as the POST call contains keys, form data, etc.

Anyone have idea on how to solve this?

Regards, René

YoRiKiRo

Dec 11, 2013
Im having issues restoring the pro version on Android tv.

Toast message comes up

"Button Mapper Needs To Be Restarted"

Force stopped, un installed, rebooted the box but it's not activating the pro functions.

Any suggestions?

Dabolx

Mar 18, 2013
Kaunas
Hello @flar2. I try to simulate Fire Tv remote menu button on my Sony Android TV by using this app. I tried setting action "Show menu" on one of the buttons but it doesn't work on all apps. For example it doesn't work on Firefox TV Browser. But when mapping button via custom keycode and setting KEYCODE_MENU = "82" it starts working. But for that to work I need to use adb and I would like to avoid that. Would it be possible for you to make action "Show menu" to function fully in all apps so it would work the same as when setting custom keycode "KEYCODE_MENU" ?

Last edited:

taven_mk

Dec 9, 2011
Hello, into the "Add Buttons" section, can you add recognizing ability of key combinations (shift+key etc.) . This would be great! for those who use android with keyboard.

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
@flar2
Samsung Galaxy S10 plus on Android 9 here rooted

I see that the volume buttons section is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to help it? Bixby button works and I remapped it to back action. But can't do anything for the volume buttons.

JDuo

Feb 22, 2021
@flar2
Hello, Im having issues on the app. Samsung Galaxy S10 on Android 11.
1 Sometimes the remapping will fail, unless I restart accessibility services.
2 Sometimes when I press the Bixby button once, Double tap is triggered instead of Single tap.
Can you fix it ?

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
@flar2
Hello, Im having issues on the app. Samsung Galaxy S10 on Android 11.
1 Sometimes the remapping will fail, unless I restart accessibility services.
2 Sometimes when I press the Bixby button once, Double tap is triggered instead of Single tap.
Can you fix it ?
It works just the same as always, the problem is Samsung killing the service. That is something beyond my control. Check dontkillmyapp.com

Reactions: tiho5

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
@flar2
Samsung Galaxy S10 plus on Android 9 here rooted

I see that the volume buttons section is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to help it? Bixby button works and I remapped it to back action. But can't do anything for the volume buttons.
Uninstall and reinstall. I can't think of any reason why the volume button settings would be disabled unless you are using an extremely old setting called "Bixby only". That setting was only meant for the earliest generation of Bixby phones, before Samsung started their war on remapping apps.