[App] bxActions - Remap the Bixby button on S10! single, double and long press!

Search This thread

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Unfortunately, bxActions Pro does not work anymore after Android 12 upgrade on my S10.
I have tried to unistall bxActions completely, restarted the phone and installed bxActions again. No luck!
When starting bxActions.exe on my PC (USB Debugging is enabled), it always shows an error. Regardless which of the three options I select.
See the attached screenshot.

I had full remapping enabled before (while on Android 11) so I have no Bixby options available in my system settings. And deactivation of remapping does not work. So I can not enable Bixby to manage Bixby button.
I would be glad, if anyone has a hint or clue what to try.

BTW: Remapping volume buttons is working ... but only when screen is unlocked.

EDIT:
Re-Installing Bixby voice app from Galaxy store could bring back original/stock Bixby mapping of Bixby button.
Then I re-installed bxActions and tried to enable full remapping with bxActions.exe again. > Same error message!
But now, bxAction mapping seems to work ... with a little bit "interference" of Bixby voice.
Looks like both are active and trying to manage the button mapping?!

@Jawomo : Maybe we need an update of bxActions to get the remapping feature back?!

Attachments

• bxActions_Error_Android12_S10.JPG
    bxActions_Error_Android12_S10.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

landsome

May 4, 2015
Unfortunately, bxActions Pro does not work anymore after Android 12 upgrade on my S10.
I have tried to unistall bxActions completely, restarted the phone and installed bxActions again. No luck!
When starting bxActions.exe on my PC (USB Debugging is enabled), it always shows an error. Regardless which of the three options I select.
See the attached screenshot.

I had full remapping enabled before (while on Android 11) so I have no Bixby options available in my system settings. And deactivation of remapping does not work. So I can not enable Bixby to manage Bixby button.
I would be glad, if anyone has a hint or clue what to try.

BTW: Remapping volume buttons is working ... but only when screen is unlocked.

EDIT:
Re-Installing Bixby voice app from Galaxy store could bring back original/stock Bixby mapping of Bixby button.
Then I re-installed bxActions and tried to enable full remapping with bxActions.exe again. > Same error message!
But now, bxAction mapping seems to work ... with a little bit "interference" of Bixby voice.
Looks like both are active and trying to manage the button mapping?!

@Jawomo : Maybe we need an update of bxActions to get the remapping feature back?!
Same error here (S10e) after upgrade to official A12.

Reactions: okij and It_ler

Tekken49

May 30, 2017
I have doing a backup/restore with Smartswich after doing a flash with ODIN and CSC File to delete all datas.
The actions of applications works, but if i execute the "bxactions.exe" file in interne memory i have an error like here

Last edited:
Reactions: It_ler

Tatsch

May 11, 2009
Hi, bxActions does not work anymore on my S10+ with Android 12 (OTA Stock). bxActions tells, full remapping is active.

When pressing the bixby button, nothing happens.
All bixby apps on phone are disabled.

What toll do? Reinstalling does not work, if I understand the previous posts correctly?

jkl777

Jan 19, 2011
Schleswig-Holstein
Has anyone tried on the Facebook group?
I don't have a Facebook account ....

Jawo Mo's Facebook account is empty, no information, just a few pictures.

You can in this forum:

see if it goes on.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jbs68

landsome

May 4, 2015
Thank you for this feedback.
maybe he can borrow one?

Edit:
Just tried another application and they had the same issue but solved it using adb commands.
I replace bxAction by Button Mapper app :)
Hi! Any dis/advantages of Button Mapper as compared to bxActions? Does it work with everything Bixby disabled?

UPDATE: Works with everything Bixby disabled. Does not have option for short press plus long press. But very ok otherwise.

Last edited:

Elias8477

Apr 5, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hi! Any dis/advantages of Button Mapper as compared to bxActions? Does it work with everything Bixby disabled?

UPDATE: Works with everything Bixby disabled. Does not have option for short press plus long press. But very ok otherwise.
I have Bixby disabled. The only thing the (free) app doesn't do compared to BxActions is haptic feedback. I liked it when my phone vibrated if I clicked the button to toggle DnD. That way I could keep my phone in my pockets. Though when I turn my flashlight on with a long press it does vibrate.

Reactions: landsome

landsome

May 4, 2015
I have Bixby disabled. The only thing the (free) app doesn't do compared to BxActions is haptic feedback. I liked it when my phone vibrated if I clicked the button to toggle DnD. That way I could keep my phone in my pockets. Though when I turn my flashlight on with a long press it does vibrate.
Same here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With bxActions you can completely remap the Bixby button on S10 to any action or app you like!
    Use the Bixby button to mute your phone, take a screenshot, turn on flashlight or launch any app you like!

Also works on lockscreen or when the screen is completely off!

You can also disable the Bixby button if you like.
    Optionally you can remap the volume buttons and Skip tracks with the volume buttons even when the screen is off!

NEW: Per app remapping! Use the Bixby button to take pictures in camera apps, take screenshots in browser and start flashlight when the screen is off!

FEATURES:
    • No root needed!
    • Zero battery consumption!
    • Double and Long press support!
    • Remap the Bixby button on S10 to any action!
    • Remap the Volume buttons to any action!
    • Skip tracks with the volume buttons
    • Different actions when phone is locked or unlocked
    • High performance! No lags!
    • No annoying ads

ACTIONS:
    • Switch mute - sound profiles
    • Take a screenshot
    • Google Assistant
    • Fullscreen Immersive mode
    • Launch camera or any other app
    • Toggle flashlight
    • Switch to last app
    • Disable Bixby button
    • 30+ actions in total

BETA RELEASE GROUP:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/986579694884619/

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:
    The S10 has this as a built-in feature, no need for a remapper.
    The build in remapping is very limited. With bxActions you can remap everything as you like. :cool:
    Rollout of bxActions 6.00 has started!

Big update :)

You can now customize remapping settings per app, take pictures with the Bixbi button and launch Google assistant directly on lockscreen (latest google update required)

• Custom per app remapping!
    • Camera shutter button!
    • Google assistant on lockscreen!
    • Rotation landscape and portrait
    • Added PC upgrade page
    • Mark options which need PC
    • Full remap optimizations
    • Stability improvements
    • Fixes and optimizations

Please test the new features and post your feedback. Thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback! Enjoy the update!