[App] bxActions - Remap the Bixby button on S10! single, double and long press!

Search This thread

jbs68

Nov 13, 2009
Montbéliard
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
@jkl777 , @It_ler ,
I removed BxActions and also Button Mapper completely! (And also clear cache from both app before removed them)
Then, I deleted the BxActions folder and re-start my phone.
After that, I re-installed BxActions and to the procedure to fully remap button but I have the same issue than before.....
BxActions.png
I also tried again the adb commands, but permission is denied...

Code:
C:\adb>adb shell sh /data/data/com.jamworks.bxactions/files/start_full_remap.sh
sh: /data/data/com.jamworks.bxactions/files/start_full_remap.sh: Permission denied

I still have the version 6.26 downloaded from the play store....
How I can get the 6.30 version??
Screenshot_20220127-083237_Settings.jpg

Any help is welcome!!

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
@jkl777 , @It_ler ,
I removed BxActions and also Button Mapper completely! (And also clear cache from both app before removed them)
Then, I deleted the BxActions folder and re-start my phone.
After that, I re-installed BxActions and to the procedure to fully remap button but I have the same issue than before.....
I also tried again the adb commands, but permission is denied...
I still have the version 6.26 downloaded from the play store....
How I can get the 6.30 version??
Any help is welcome!!
I got bxActions 6.30 via Play store ... but I am in Beta program.
So I think you have to wait till this version will be available for you.

Reactions: tombbb

jbs68

Nov 13, 2009
Montbéliard
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I got bxActions 6.30 via Play store ... but I am in Beta program.
So I think you have to wait till this version will be available for you.
Thank you for your feedback, I also get the beta version right now and installed it!
It also works like a charm !!!!

Thank you all @jkl777 , @It_ler and @Jawomo for your support and feedback!!!

Last edited:

grimmy72

Dec 3, 2008
The new version works fine. I did a full uninstall/install of bxActions just to make sure. My antivirus complained about the exe as it did with previous version so that's normal.

You could include the adb commands as text file in that bxActions folder. Just for lazy people like me who hate typing :)

I also saw a 'bxActions_v7.exe' in that folder. Which of the two exe are you supposed to use and why is the other one there? (and if not needed, remove it?)

Spindlewood

Dec 24, 2014
Hallelujah. After a week of the Bixby button not working right, I got to see how much I rely on it. I had to uninstall and reinstall for everything to work again. This thread alerted me to the new version just about when I had given up hope

Last edited:

Mic0001

Mar 22, 2019
Hi @Jawomo , first of all thanks for the awesome work, I use bxactions everyday!

I noticed that the flashlight (extra power) is now seemingly the same power as the regular system flashlight on my Android 12 updated S10. Do you know why would that be the case? Is this a limitation on the new android or is there any way to get it working again?

Reactions: okij

Breezzze

Jan 24, 2011
On S10e Android 12 Last beta Pro from market. Full remapping does not work on laptop Windows 11, but work on desktop Windows 10.

Last edited:

Altarentys

May 8, 2022
Hey, I had to reset my phone yesterday and I have then re-downloaded bxActions but I have lost the pro version that I had before.
The problem is that I cannot even buy it again, I get an error "invalid SKU detail" when I click on "buy me a coffee" within the app (see screenshot).

EDIT : i followed the steps in the app and launched bxAction.exe etc. and know it works again !

Screenshot_20220515-011816_bxActions.jpg

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

runindia

Dec 1, 2012
mumbai
Working on s10e. I was also having some issue getting this BixActions thing to work on clicking the Bixby button. So the issue I had faced was due to uninstalling and disabling the Bixby app in the phone using adb.

Hence, nothing was working. I installed specific versions of Bixby & BixActions to get it to work on my phone running on android 12, 4.0UI

When I had tried installing the latest Bixby app from the playstore it wouldn't launch. So I installed an older version of Bixby on the phone which was released in Jan 2022. The file name was called Bixby-voice-3-2-12-16.apk

After that I opened Bixby voice and set up the account by loggin in( this part is important)

Then Installed BixAction version 6.30 and followed the instructions. Remember the BixActions.exe file is now in the documents folder in your phone. Launch that and enable the option you wish to use. It works flawlessly.

No Bixby interference when clicking the bixby button. I used single click for sceenshot and double click for putting the phone on silent with screen off or on in case of the phone silent/ringing option)

Great app. My Bixby button is now more useful than ever :)

Hope this is useful to someone

Reactions: It_ler

InfamousMykol

I setted first time bxaction (after a huge debloat, bixby apps, except for bixby routines, were already disabled) and worked for some hour. After a few time bxaction didn't work anymore, so I decided to reset all settings. Then it worked again with debloat, after an half hour it doesn't work again.. how to fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With bxActions you can completely remap the Bixby button on S10 to any action or app you like!
    Use the Bixby button to mute your phone, take a screenshot, turn on flashlight or launch any app you like!

Also works on lockscreen or when the screen is completely off!

You can also disable the Bixby button if you like.
    Optionally you can remap the volume buttons and Skip tracks with the volume buttons even when the screen is off!

NEW: Per app remapping! Use the Bixby button to take pictures in camera apps, take screenshots in browser and start flashlight when the screen is off!

FEATURES:
    • No root needed!
    • Zero battery consumption!
    • Double and Long press support!
    • Remap the Bixby button on S10 to any action!
    • Remap the Volume buttons to any action!
    • Skip tracks with the volume buttons
    • Different actions when phone is locked or unlocked
    • High performance! No lags!
    • No annoying ads

ACTIONS:
    • Switch mute - sound profiles
    • Take a screenshot
    • Google Assistant
    • Fullscreen Immersive mode
    • Launch camera or any other app
    • Toggle flashlight
    • Switch to last app
    • Disable Bixby button
    • 30+ actions in total

BETA RELEASE GROUP:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/986579694884619/

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:
    The S10 has this as a built-in feature, no need for a remapper.
    The build in remapping is very limited. With bxActions you can remap everything as you like. :cool:
    Rollout of bxActions 6.00 has started!

Big update :)

You can now customize remapping settings per app, take pictures with the Bixbi button and launch Google assistant directly on lockscreen (latest google update required)

• Custom per app remapping!
    • Camera shutter button!
    • Google assistant on lockscreen!
    • Rotation landscape and portrait
    • Added PC upgrade page
    • Mark options which need PC
    • Full remap optimizations
    • Stability improvements
    • Fixes and optimizations

Please test the new features and post your feedback. Thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback! Enjoy the update!