[APP] Calendar Events Notifier

• Thread starter Deleted member 267841
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 267841

Remember when you did not get to that important meeting because you did not hear the reminder that you had planned?

In the real life if you are not near to the phone when a reminder becomes active, you will forgot it and their consequences can be unpredictable.

This app provides recurring reminders to the calendar events and fully solves the issue.

HOW IT WORKS

When a calendar reminder is triggered by the system a message is sent. This app captures the message and starts their work...

With this app you can configure the sound, vibration type and their pattern, led color, repeat interval and much more for the alerts in your Google calendars.

Also you can configure how a reminder stops: when manually stops, when the event starts or when the event ends.

Regular users can configure global settings, that are active for all the calendars, but PRO users can configure these options locally for each calendar.

WEAR

The app is fully compatible with Android wear. You can dismiss/snooze your alerts without removing the phone from the pocket.

Also, you can set the vibration pattern for the wear notifications.

PERMISSIONS

Read & Write calendar: Is the main goal of the app
Receive boot completed: To restart alerts after boot
Vibrate: Required to vibrate
Internet, access network state: Required by Ads and to download the user profile pictures
Billing, get accounts: To manage the PRO key
Read phone state: In order to delay notifications while in call (if configured)

LINK

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.calendareventsnotifier

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 8,701
  • 2.png
    2.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 8,647
  • 3.png
    3.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 8,504
  • 4.png
    4.png
    54 KB · Views: 8,026
  • 5.png
    5.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 7,912
  • 6.png
    6.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 7,727
  • 7.png
    7.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 7,482
  • 8.png
    8.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 7,063
  • 9.png
    9.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 6,673
Last edited by a moderator:

XOXO1

Dec 12, 2014
It shows my calendars, but says with every calendar, that there's no event in the next time, altought it is (today, tomorrow and so on). Any solution? :(

D

Deleted member 267841

It shows my calendars, but says with every calendar, that there's no event in the next time, altought it is (today, tomorrow and so on). Any solution? :(

Hi,
The app only shows event instances that has a alarm.
Also, by default the window interval is set to 3 days (you can change it at settings).
Have you any event that has a alarm in this interval?
Thanks

Reactions: glarage

XOXO1

Dec 12, 2014
Oh okay. I didn't use alarms... Wanted to use alarms on my smartphone, but not on desktop and so on... What a pitty... :(

Another question: Did it replaces the native calendar notification/alarm or get I two notifications at the same time (Google Calendar and CEN)?

Magissia

May 9, 2012
On Symbian, calendar events reminders weres ALARMS and not just a notification sound. Thank you for bringing this on Android.
Only on suggestion, could you add the possibility to control the service from Tasker ? Point is to be able to disable/enable it from Tasker.

Best regards, Magissia

jomatt

Mar 19, 2011
Please add an option to choose those events that need to be repeatedly alerted rather than all events..

jomatt

Mar 19, 2011
the user can select those specific events that need to be alerted before an hour like that .. but whats happening now is that its applicable to all events in a calender those have alerts..

D

Deleted member 267841

the user can select those specific events that need to be alerted before an hour like that .. but whats happening now is that its applicable to all events in a calender those have alerts..

The app distinguishes between 2 alert types:
1) The calendar calendar-provider alerts, that are triggered by the system. I don't interfere with this alerts until the system activates it and needs to be modified using your preferred calendar app (this app is a calendar notifier, not a full calendar app).
2) The app calendar alerts. A calendar-provider app becomes of this type just when it is activated by the system. To these alerts I apply the calendar specific configurations and I activate recurrently until manually dismissed (or the event starts or ends, depending of your configuration).
In the TO-DO list I have 2 tasks:
a) Ability to set dormancy period for all the days (e.g. at the nights)
b) Ability to set specific dormancy periods (e.g. don't disturb for 2 hours from now)
In the two cases, the alarms will automatic delayed until period end when triggered.
Is this your request?
Thanks (and sorry for my english)

jomatt

Mar 19, 2011
The app distinguishes between 2 alert types:
1) The calendar calendar-provider alerts, that are triggered by the system. I don't interfere with this alerts until the system activates it and needs to be modified using your preferred calendar app (this app is a calendar notifier, not a full calendar app).
2) The app calendar alerts. A calendar-provider app becomes of this type just when it is activated by the system. To these alerts I apply the calendar specific configurations and I activate recurrently until manually dismissed (or the event starts or ends, depending of your configuration).
In the TO-DO list I have 2 tasks:
a) Ability to set dormancy period for all the days (e.g. at the nights)
b) Ability to set specific dormancy periods (e.g. don't disturb for 2 hours from now)
In the two cases, the alarms will automatic delayed until period end when triggered.
Is this your request?
Thanks (and sorry for my english)

its a pretty cool idea.. my suggestion is can you modify it Event specific..

i have set calender reminders for TV shows and personal events, here i need to be alerted once for those TV shows and even i missed it with the calender alerts it doesn't matter..

But for personal events like Wedding, Birthday Party i can't miss it,where i need the repeated alerts to work..

So the configuration should be like where the user can set what is important and need more attention

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    Remember when you did not get to that important meeting because you did not hear the reminder that you had planned?

In the real life if you are not near to the phone when a reminder becomes active, you will forgot it and their consequences can be unpredictable.

This app provides recurring reminders to the calendar events and fully solves the issue.

HOW IT WORKS

When a calendar reminder is triggered by the system a message is sent. This app captures the message and starts their work...

With this app you can configure the sound, vibration type and their pattern, led color, repeat interval and much more for the alerts in your Google calendars.

Also you can configure how a reminder stops: when manually stops, when the event starts or when the event ends.

Regular users can configure global settings, that are active for all the calendars, but PRO users can configure these options locally for each calendar.

WEAR

The app is fully compatible with Android wear. You can dismiss/snooze your alerts without removing the phone from the pocket.

Also, you can set the vibration pattern for the wear notifications.

PERMISSIONS

Read & Write calendar: Is the main goal of the app
    Receive boot completed: To restart alerts after boot
    Vibrate: Required to vibrate
    Internet, access network state: Required by Ads and to download the user profile pictures
    Billing, get accounts: To manage the PRO key
    Read phone state: In order to delay notifications while in call (if configured)

LINK

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.calendareventsnotifier
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    Off topic

I recently received this message by PM and I felt the need to publicly answer...

Hello Bartito.

I have the PRO version of calendar notifier because you gave out the code last year.
    I have misplaced it and need to reinstall.
    Can you provide it again?

Thanks again!

Short answer:

DO NOT

Long answer:

By publishing the first version of "Calendar Events Notifier", he was so sure of the application, and especially its potential, and had heard so well of XDA-Developers and users, I thought, even giving it away, the people would want to pay the small price it cost.

After months I realized my mistake and decided to eliminate the free PRO code from the OP, although this is still valid for users who have activated and the Premium functions that had been published previously (and some others that I've added) are still available for free using the related code.

I am aware that Android is a complex market and that there are many applications that do the same, and that users have become accustomed to "all for free", but I do not share this point of view and believe that everyone, including software developers, they must be able to live from their work.

It is necessary to ensure a minimum incomes to the developers that allows them to finance their equipments and earn some money, because otherwise we can not guarantee that applications are regularly updated or our personal data doesn't ends in the hands of others ...

As an example, in the last month this app has generated approximately 75 euros in gross sales (which are about 33-35 euros after deducting the Google fees and taxes that I pay in my country) and about 8 euros per Ads (which will be about 6 euros after pay taxes).

As for the time I have devoted to the development of the app, should be around 20-25 hours in the last month, so, in the best case, I have gained a little less than 2 euros per hour of work, which does not guarantee in any case, the application further development in the future, much less that it may acquire a device to prove that the app continues to run fine in new versions of the OS.

Luckily, I use the app in my everyday life, so I am the first interested in keeping it functional; but I decided not give it for free anymore.

---

I apologize for my english.
    Below is the original text, in Spanish, that I have translated to the English using my small english knowledge and Google translator.
    Please, excuse misspellings.
    I hope the meaning is understood.

Al publicar la primera versión del notificador de calendario, estaba tan seguro de la aplicación, y sobretodo de su potencial, y había oido hablar tan bien de XDA-Developers y de sus usuarios, que pensé que, incluso regalándola, la gente querría pagar el pequeño precio que costaba.

Pasados los meses me di cuenta de mi error y decidí eliminar el código PRO gratuito, si bien éste sigue siendo válido para los usuarios que lo hubieran activado y para las funciones de pago que se habían publicado hasta entonces (y algunas otras que he ido añadiendo).

Soy consciente de que Android es un mercado complejo y de que existen muchas aplicaciones que hacen lo mismo, y de que los usuarios se han acostumbrado al "todo gratis", pero no comparto esa opinión y creo que todo el mundo, incluso los informáticos, tienen que poder ganarse la vida con su trabajo.

Es necesario garantizar un mínimo de ingresos a los desarrolladores que les permita financiar su equipos y ganar algo de dinero, ya que en caso contrario no podemos garantizamos que las aplicaciones se actualicen con regularidad o que nuestros datos personales no acaben en manos de terceros...

Por poner un ejemplo, en el último mes esta aplicación ha generado aproximadamente 75 euros brutos en ventas (que son unos 33-35 euros después de descontar la comisión de Google y los impuestos que pago en mi país) y unos 8 euros por la propaganda (que serán unos 6 euros después de impuestos).

En cuanto al tiempo que he dedicado al desarrollo de la aplicación, debe rondar las 20 25 horas en el último mes, por lo que, en el mejor de los casos, he ganado algo menos de 2 euros por cada hora de trabajo, lo que NO garantiza en ningún caso, que la aplicación siga desarrollándose en el futuro, y mucho menos que pueda adquirir un dispositivo en el que probar que la aplicación sigue funcionando en las nuevas versiones del sistema.

Por suerte, utilizo la aplicación en mi vida corriente, por lo que soy el primer interesado en mantenerla funcional; pero he decidido que no voy a regalarla nunca más.

D
    Deleted member 267841
    New version screenshot (not published yet)
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    3.2.150 is out and very stable.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    Just published a update a few hours ago...

Changelog

Updated target SDK to Oreo (26)

Added Notification channels per Oreo compatibility, but notifications management remains inside the app (we recommend to do not update any settings in "Calendar Alerts" channel)

Added All-Day events management (customization per calendar or via global settings) [PRO feature]

Removed LED color support for Oreo and higher due to the Notification channels

Removed "hide notifications from lockscreen" for Oreo and higher (you can manage from Notification channel)

Ability to repeat the notification sound more than once each time that a alert is triggered (you can set the number of repeats and also the pause between two consequtive repeats) [PRO feature]

Account photos are now downloaded using https protocol

Internal improvements