• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] CarWebGuru - Universal car launcher with widgets, skins and music

Search This thread
@gottahavit, I thought CWG did support handling an app with multiple events. For example, the bluetooth app handles both the phone calls and playing music.

Just checked on my car. You can handle multiple activities. In the CWG app list, I long-pressed on the Bluetooth icon and then selected Explore. This presented a list of activities / events that the Bluetooth app provides. One was listed "Bluetooth Music". I then pressed Bluetooth Music and Bluetooth Music activity started. I went back to this event again and long-pressed this and I then selected Create Shortcut. This created an entry in the app list. You can then add this to any theme.

I found this video on YouTube that shows this very thing:

Note that I am using the 2.x version of CarWebGuru. Not sure about the newer 3.x, though...I think it should be the same or similar.

One thing I noted was that once I created the shortcut, I could not remove it. No big deal. If I really wanted to remove it, I could reset the data / cache of the app and then set the theme back up. It's pretty quick to set up. Perhaps it's been fixed in 3.x version? I might try to update to 3.x at some point...no rush.
interesting, I will look again, but I have an app which installs multiple shortcuts and on my phone launcher when I install it I get all the shortcuts/activities in the app list and yes when I hold on the main activity I get a list of all the activities as well. On my head unit with CWG I only get the default activity in the app list and pretty sure the long hold does nothing, but I will try again today.

npuk

Sep 1, 2008
Hello I have CarWebGuru version 3.1.4 Pro on my Android car sound system I have a problem How can I set Sygic on the rounded multiwidget navigation screen? Even after setting a route from the Sygic navigator, returning to the main screen and selecting the navigation widget nothing appears and tells you to set a route and return to the screen Maybe it is not compatible with the Sygic navigator, if so can you fix it in the next versions?

Reactions: leoknegt
interesting, I will look again, but I have an app which installs multiple shortcuts and on my phone launcher when I install it I get all the shortcuts/activities in the app list and yes when I hold on the main activity I get a list of all the activities as well. On my head unit with CWG I only get the default activity in the app list and pretty sure the long hold does nothing, but I will try again today.
I found the "explore" option which listed them all, all is good thanks

magma2000

Sep 2, 2008
Good launcher. Is there a possibility to pause the music when the music is muted from the steering wheel. And to resume the music from where it stopped after turning off the car. And turn it on again.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
@magma2000 I think pausing music is independent of the volume of the music. So, yes, you should be able to pause music when it is muted...from the steering wheel or from the head unit. I use Poweramp and CWG works properly with it.

As for the resume the music from where it stopped...I believe it may be a setting option. In any case, I usually play all my songs in a shuffle. When I restart my car, it plays from the last song. Is that what you meant?

magma2000

Sep 2, 2008
@magma2000 I think pausing music is independent of the volume of the music. So, yes, you should be able to pause music when it is muted...from the steering wheel or from the head unit. I use Poweramp and CWG works properly with it.

As for the resume the music from where it stopped...I believe it may be a setting option. In any case, I usually play all my songs in a shuffle. When I restart my car, it plays from the last song. Is that what you meant?
Thx, but using the built in player, muting from the steering wheel also pause the player , and unmuting resume the player from a where it stopped. And restarting the car replay the music from the beginning, rather from the point it stopped when the car was turned off.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
Then maybe the built-in player is causing the behaviour. Did you try any other music apps? If you don't like Poweramp, I've seen other people use Aimp.

spawn_e_git

Nov 4, 2011
Just installed this launcher on my 8227L as the stock interface was junk.

I set it up out of the vehicle and was bale to set up the shortcut buttons to open my specific apps like DoubleTwist etc.

Set it up in the vehicle and everything works well but I forgot to set the Bluetooth phone app shortcut. Now when I press the button is says I need to set an app/widget but when I long press, I get a pop up message "User Interface Locked"

I've searched as many settings as I know how to but nothing seems to unlock the user interface?

Anyone have an idea of why this is now locked?

tuckor07

Jun 24, 2010
Just installed this launcher on my 8227L as the stock interface was junk.

I set it up out of the vehicle and was bale to set up the shortcut buttons to open my specific apps like DoubleTwist etc.

Set it up in the vehicle and everything works well but I forgot to set the Bluetooth phone app shortcut. Now when I press the button is says I need to set an app/widget but when I long press, I get a pop up message "User Interface Locked"

I've searched as many settings as I know how to but nothing seems to unlock the user interface?

Anyone have an idea of why this is now locked?
check the padlock in the upper right part of the theme selector, this padlock should be open, I hope it works for you

Reactions: spawn_e_git

hudriwudri

Dec 23, 2012
Vienna & Chiang Mai
My CWG got stuck in showing the Logo CWG and in the bottom "Carwebguru (Car mode)" and nothing happens

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20210713_184429.jpg
    IMG_20210713_184429.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

marteline

Jun 8, 2011
A few questions regarding this Launcher:
1- Is there a way to supress the avr speed info from Statistics speed gauge? since the average speed presented is wrong...
2- Any interaction with Canbus?
3- Any chance of a tripmeter method that only resets when power off be implemented?
4- Any chance of a lockscreen function, with keypad to release access? that would be nice to have while using valet parking services
Thanks!
5- I created my api key and put the googlemap.txt at key folder, but I don't know how to use it. The api widgets don't show any info. Are these widgets the ones I should be using?

Last edited:

chathar

Nov 5, 2009
Lahore
Hi Guys, i am using CWG Audio Player, every new song I add to list goes to last of list.

is there any way to sort this list by name, title or by newest/oldest?

Regards,

Athar

leoknegt

Jul 14, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Hello I have CarWebGuru version 3.1.4 Pro on my Android car sound system I have a problem How can I set Sygic on the rounded multiwidget navigation screen? Even after setting a route from the Sygic navigator, returning to the main screen and selecting the navigation widget nothing appears and tells you to set a route and return to the screen Maybe it is not compatible with the Sygic navigator, if so can you fix it in the next versions?
Same here

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
It is dependant on a specific API.. if your favourite maps app does not use this API it will not work.
Not working sygic not waze

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CarWebGuru Launcher 2.0

Functions:
    • Skins for interface
    • Widgets (internal) System widgets in the near future
    • Custom backgrounds
    • Up to 6 desktops
    • Speedometr (GPS), Odometr (GPS)
    • Clock, Time, Calendar
    • GPS logger (export tracks to KML)
    • Internal music player
    • External player control (Power Amp, Jet Audio and other)

I am developer of CarWebGuru - this is universal car launcher with player, widgets, GPS logger and more useful functions.
    CarWebGuru is free without functional limitation. There is an opportunity to buy additional themes.

Download 2.xx here:
    You can download from Google Market or download
    Some screenshots.
    mega-skins-list-1024x758.jpg
    Hi all! I have big plans for this project. Today I make new version with many new functions I hope your like it! Some new changes: new apps window (with sorting and favorites), many new options, some changes in skins, one new skin, optimization of stability and performance and more!

Please support me! Make short review on youtube, make post on Facebook or Instagram. My project is free and I hope for good reviews and support. :)
    Hi! New skin in the next version.
    cwg-promo-range-music-en.jpg
    CarWebGuru Launcher 2.66 - New Version

Hi All! Good news, I have released the new version CarWebGuru Launcher 2.66

• Weather service optimization
    • Display focused music folder (in music browser)
    • New premium 4 themes (Captain, 3 Circles, Blure Music, Bit Music)
    • Hide player control in full screen (options)
    • Some functions for android rearview mirrors
    • Bug fixes

Download from Google Market, or APK from Yandex Disk (19 mb)

I want to make present - special promo code for new theme "Blure Music" for all XDA users! This is nice modern theme in minimalistic flat style. Promo code: cwg-blure16 , You need to enter this code in the CWG options/about (bottom of the screen). Then this theme will be appair in the themes window.

Demo Video for Blure Music theme

Some screenshots:

12779546.jpg

12779493.png

12779497.png

12779504.png
    New version: CarWebGuru 2.65 Beta

Good news! I make on optimization, perfomance and internal CarWebGuru API. And now you can download new beta version 2.65 Beta.
    Beta testing is public and open - you can join to beta testing on the market page (see in the bottom of the page).