I recently got an 12.3in Android Screen fitted to my Audi A5 (2014) coz I wanted to have Google maps & Waze for Navigation & Spotify for music. I say "Android screen" & not Android head unit is because it
1) does not have radio antennae connection (only GPS & 4G anenaes along with SIM slot)
2) It still connects to the Original MMI multimedia head to receive FM radio & car systems info/settings.
All google maps/Waze Navigation & Spotify audio comes through the original head via "AUX" input. So whenever I select FM radio which is only available from the original head unit it automatically disconnects from AUX input & plays audio from the MMI head unit. Likewise, if I selected Spotify from the app drawer from the "Default Launcher", it automatically connects to AUX in the MMI head unit to receive the audio input. Not the cleanest setup but it works. What I'm not too happy about is the Default launcher. I cannot customise it, hence why I'm kinda leaning towards CarWebGuru (checked a few others out but like the skins on CWG)
So after reading all 40 pages on this, I am needing some guidance. My Android screen runs Android 9.
From my understanding,
1) Google "MAPS" navigation is not possible within intergrated CWG interface (something to do with breach of TOS under Gmaps navigation imbedded into 3rd party app I believe), only turn by turn navigation is allowed?
Somehow this feature is available in FCC using your own API key. How is this possible? Can this be done with CWG as well? I have added my own API key to CWG but cannot find how to get navigation map to work. Also, why does map in some themes keep zooming in & out continously? Quite disorientating at times.
2) Why are some installed apps not showing up in CWG app drawer?
3) In the customise section where you can choose what apps or widgets to insert, there is this "API widgets". There are 5 of them but adding them seems to do nothing. I cannot find any documentation with regards to this. How do we go about using these?
I apologize for the long post & if some of the information I am seeking has been addressed in earlier postings that I may have forgotten but hope some of you who have better knowledge can shed some light.