• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] Chemist Companion -[R]- 2/22/11 -[V]- 1.0

Search This thread

enahs_

Oct 18, 2009
Name: Chemist Companion

This is my second app, and the reason I learned to develop apps.

There is a lot of reference material I use often in my line of work (synthetic chemist), and I wanted this info on my phone in a nice easy to use package. So I created it for my self and decided to share it with the rest of the world. It is NOT just another periodic table.

• NIST Periodic Table
  • Thermodynamic Data (ΔG,ΔH,ΔS, Heat Capacity)
  • Physical properties of common solvents (Formula, MW, MP, BP, FP, Density, Solubility (in water), Relative permittivity (dielectric constant)
  • Relative pKa
  • Solvent miscibility table (I combined quite a few different tables to make the most comprehensive solvent miscibility table I have seen to date)
  • NMR shifts of common solvents/contaminants in common duterated solvents

I will be updating the software with much more data later, but I thought I would roll the first version out. For the practicing chemist it is an amazing companion. It might be helpful for students as well. It has already made my life much simpler, and if it helps anybody else, great.

There are two version, free ad supported, and a paid version for $1.99.
Both are available on the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace

*DOWNLOAD*
These links should launch the Zune software, or just search Chemist Companion on the Marketplace.
Free version, ad supported.
Paid version, $1.99 US
*DOWNLOAD*

Questions and comments appreciated.

Last edited:

virus975

Oct 24, 2009
helllo

well, I'm a chemical engineer student myself and I would really appreciete such an application

however, i couldn't find it; tells me that the app is no longer available on the marketplace

enahs_

Oct 18, 2009
helllo

well, I'm a chemical engineer student myself and I would really appreciete such an application

however, i couldn't find it; tells me that the app is no longer available on the marketplace

It went live right before I posted it, but it takes time for it to actually show up in the Marketplace, and it also appears to become available on the Marketplace at different time by region. Maybe they only push the new Apps at specific intervals throughout the day in different regions. Try again in a few hours or tomorrow morning!

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
It sounds really nice. Do you have a winmo version for sale? Also, some features (off the top of my head) that would be nice, even though I've never used it:

A PV=nRT calculator; esp. one that makes it easy to use different units, like atm or temp in celcius (l-atm/k-mol vs. j/k-mol)
A humidity calculator (i.e. saturated conc of water vapor in air as a function of temperature, or the conc of water vapor at a given humidity and temp); or, maybe just an Antoine equation calculator, with a database of constants for different liquids, as well as the possibility to import constants for things that aren't stock.
Unit converter (like temp (C, F, K) and pressure (bar, atm, psi...))

Anyway, wish I could use it, and good luck!

Last edited: